Page 73 of 631 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123173573 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 9460
    BANNED

There was an extremely trippy portrayal of Namor in the first issue of the Bucky Barnes book. So trippy, I'm not sure it was really Namor. LOL! I do like seeing Namor and Bucky together -- though nothing beats Brubaker's take on them.

Oh, and did I read right? Namor knew about Nick Fury as the Man on the Wall? He's more in loop than everyone in Original Sin??? While that's pretty amazing, it seems like he would taken advantage of that with the Incursions.

oh wow i did'nt know he was in that until you told me, thanks for that

a more laidback friendly namor is nice to watch, i enjoyed the banter between them.
    lol i wonder how he knows, maybe nick has asked him for help before?

Quote Originally Posted by Owain View Post
    There was an extremely trippy portrayal of Namor in the first issue of the Bucky Barnes book. So trippy, I'm not sure it was really Namor. LOL! I do like seeing Namor and Bucky together -- though nothing beats Brubaker's take on them.

Oh, and did I read right? Namor knew about Nick Fury as the Man on the Wall? He's more in loop than everyone in Original Sin??? While that's pretty amazing, it seems like he would taken advantage of that with the Incursions.
    I believe that it was him as long as the whole issue wasn't some kind of acid trip for Buck. That art was crazy. Anyway, the banter was very true to what's been established previously between Namor and Buck.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Happy to find this thread, and like minded fans, as I'm a long time Namor fan.

And yes, thanks for the heads up on the Namor appearance in the Bucky book. I'll definitely get it now. I didn't like the Nick Fury retcon, but yeah, it makes me wonder when he would have revealed himself to Namor and why? Though there are plenty of mystical threats associated with Atlantis -- but that's more Dr. Strange than Nick Fury.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Happy to find this thread, and like minded fans, as I'm a long time Namor fan.

And yes, thanks for the heads up on the Namor appearance in the Bucky book. I'll definitely get it now. I didn't like the Nick Fury retcon, but yeah, it makes me wonder when he would have revealed himself to Namor and why? Though there are plenty of mystical threats associated with Atlantis -- but that's more Dr. Strange than Nick Fury.
    welcome reviresco!

probably nick needed a little hand and namor's one of the few heroes of his power levels he has connections to?
    the question of when and what he needs help with, i hope they'll reveal it soon enough.

not a fan of the art though..he's a good artist but i'd rather have him on a magic based book.
    deodato would fit better here IMO

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    welcome reviresco!

probably nick needed a little hand and namor's one of the few heroes of his power levels he has connections to?
    the question of when and what he needs help with, i hope they'll reveal it soon enough.

not a fan of the art though..he's a good artist but i'd rather have him on a magic based book.
    deodato would fit better here IMO
    Thanks!

I love Deodato. He did do a nice Bucky in Original Sin. I don't think I've seen Marco Rudy's art before, except in that recent annual with Dr. Strange -- which was gorgeous -- so I could see him on a magic book easily. It's the space spy genre I'm wondering about.

Even without the 'upgrade', Nick Fury had lots of connections, though. Perhaps something more unique to Namor, like water breathing or something Atlantean? It certainly prompts some fan fiction thoughts... or is this a plotline in Bucky's book?

From the just-posted Axel-in-Charge
    Heading over into reader questions from the CBR Community -- Owain is wondering about Marvel's first mutant, and asks, "Given this year is the 75th anniversary of Namor the Sub-Mariner (and Marvel), will there be an ongoing or mini-series for Marvel's first superhero?

Alonso: Afraid not, Owain. Namor's role in what's going on in the "Time Runs Out" storyline in "Avengers" and "New Avengers" makes it prohibitive to do another project with him at this time.
    Booo . . . . Between this and the "Four No More" and "No More Mutants" images being shown at NYCC without explanation (yet) I'm feeling very sad with respect to the present phase of the convention news cycle. I feel like it's ridiculous that I'm being so affected, but it's downright disheartening. A profound sense of betrayal after all the time I've put into defending the company and challenging conspiratorial, alarmist viewpoints on these message boards and elsewhere. I REALLY hope I'm proven wrong before the end of the weekend.

Long live the Avenging Son. Imperius Rex.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    From the just-posted Axel-in-Charge

Booo . . . . Between this and the "Four No More" and "No More Mutants" images being shown at NYCC without explanation (yet) I'm feeling very sad with respect to the present phase of the convention news cycle. I feel like it's ridiculous that I'm being so affected, but it's downright disheartening. A profound sense of betrayal after all the time I've put into defending the company and challenging conspiratorial, alarmist viewpoints on these message boards and elsewhere. I REALLY hope I'm proven wrong before the end of the weekend.

Long live the Avenging Son. Imperius Rex.
    Gee, I wonder if Axel even knows there is another project using Namor already -- All New Invaders? Sounds like a weak excuse to me, since half the Illuminati already are in their own books, and especially if those that aren't, like Dr. Strange and Black Panther, get books announced this convention.

It is indeed disheartening news to realize how little support Marvel gives to one of their most unique and founding characters. It's especially annoying when you read DC has a panel on the Throne of Atlantis.

I just saw Marvel has released this collection of a really cool Sub-Mariner mini-series, SAGA OF THE SUB-MARINER. Has anyone bought it it yet? I've got the floppies, but I'm tempted to buy it anyway, and I'm wondering if there are any extras? Well, besides the inclusion of the Torch mini-series.

http://www.instocktrades.com/TP/Marv...H-TP/JUN140727

I just saw Marvel has released this collection of a really cool Sub-Mariner mini-series, SAGA OF THE SUB-MARINER. Has anyone bought it it yet? I've got the floppies, but I'm tempted to buy it anyway, and I'm wondering if there are any extras? Well, besides the inclusion of the Torch mini-series.

http://www.instocktrades.com/TP/Marv...H-TP/JUN140727
    I haven't been able to find it on the shelf at any local shops yet, but I'm hopeful I'll be able to track it down soon. I've heard it's pretty good.

Gee, I wonder if Axel even knows there is another project using Namor already -- All New Invaders? Sounds like a weak excuse to me, since half the Illuminati already are in their own books, and especially if those that aren't, like Dr. Strange and Black Panther, get books announced this convention.

It is indeed disheartening news to realize how little support Marvel gives to one of their most unique and founding characters. It's especially annoying when you read DC has a panel on the Throne of Atlantis.
    i had this worry long ago namor won't be featured in any title after hickman's avengers run..seems my worries are confirmed now.
    it's a long shot but i hope he'll be a regular in winter soldier, bucky could use his muscle and resources. plus given his current status, it would be better for namor to be in the shadows.

where or rather..when exactly did it go downhill for namor?
    honestly, i don't read plenty of comics between 1980-2000s,so my knowledge there is very limited.
    i do know he was big in the golden age. he was THE villain in the lee/kirby days of marvel.
    what i don't know is what made him fall off so hard

i had this worry long ago namor won't be featured in any title after hickman's avengers run..seems my worries are confirmed now.
    it's a long shot but i hope he'll be a regular in winter soldier, bucky could use his muscle and resources. plus given his current status, it would be better for namor to be in the shadows.

honestly, i don't read plenty of comics between 1980-2000s,so my knowledge there is very limited.
    i do know he was big in the golden age. he was THE villain in the lee/kirby days of marvel.
    Well, Alonso didn't say Namor wouldn't be appearing elsewhere -- Namor just won't have his own solo book -- LIKE HE SHOULD HAVE.

Though, now that you mention it, I'm wondering exactly where Namor will be appearing, after New Avengers? I wonder if Bendis will try to bring him back into the X-Men? I still haven't read that new Bucky issue, though I've really enjoyed the two characters interactions in the past.

I was thinking something similar this weekend, reading about the Batman 75 Anniversary and the Throne of Atlantis panels, while we get practically nothing for Namor. Why is that? How does a character who was one of the Big Three, unique and groundbreaking, become a 'supporting character,' while his knock offs at DC are getting movies and A-List talent?

I'm not sure, but I do think a lack of knowledge of the character plays a part amongst this younger generation, as well as the uniqueness of the character. Namor is a character that makes you think -- he's not a simple black and white superhero. I also think there's an editorial focus on certain characters and types of stories. How else to explain the shabby neglect of the magical side of Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    I haven't been able to find it on the shelf at any local shops yet, but I'm hopeful I'll be able to track it down soon. I've heard it's pretty good.
    I haven't seen it either. But that link to In Stock Trades has it at a great 42%! I'll probably be picking it up there.

I take exception to him being called THE villain in the Lee and Kriby days. Having read all of the FF and much of the Avengers stuff from that era, he's never an out and out villain per se, but rather a guy with a legitimate reason to be angry at the surface world. It didn't take much for him to do the right thing most of the time. I think the biggest heel moments he had during the Silver age were summoning Giganto and that time he went out of the way to try to off the Y chromosome bearing members of the FF with that movie producer ploy, but he ultimately backed off when Sue rejected him and still paid them. So, I will concede that Namor did some bad stuff back then, but he's not Baron Zemo or Doc Ock or the Mad Thinker or Doom or even Magneto (who for all Claremont did to redeem him was kind of giant psycho back then). Even when he was the bad guy he always ended up doing the right thing . . . eventually.

I wouldn't worry too much about Namor's fate. Sure, the answer in the AIC column was a downer but I don't see Hickman being done with him yet. Plus with Secret Wars on the horizon we may see an alt-Namor come into play.