Page 75 of 631 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125175575 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 9460
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    NA #25 was just filler to me. I hope the next issue makes up for this.

Namor has got his butt kicked too often recently.. The worst to me was when he got beat by the thing underwater in AvX

It's okay to rant..especially after news of an Aquaman movie in 2018
    Hah! We are on the same wavelength! With the confirmation of Jason Momoa as Aquaman, I think it's clear DC is going to go for the Namor version of Aquaman. Meanwhile, Marvel continues to abuse and neglect the original sea prince.

Dear God, yes, the AvX fight with the Thing was the absolute worst. At least Kieron Gillen had Namor whupping butt in that event, with both Luke Cage and She-Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post

i fear the worst :O
    I can barely make out that cover. Is that Namor on the ground??? Oh well. It is Thanos.

I wonder who the blonde behind Thanos is?

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    I think right now the main goal is making fans aware how and why the character is great. For the most part the Namor fan club is very small and the only way as of now is taking action and promoting the character amongst the community ourselves. Because Marvel doesn't really seem like they are going to do it. We have to spread awareness by talking about and showing some of his greater stories and feats when we can.

I have been doing some of this but not going to lie it's hard to stir up interest when your faced with so many characters that are being pushed and that are already accepted as "cool" and "interesting" in the comic world. Namor ,while repeated amongst most fans, isn't in the spotlight as a headliner and hasn't been for a long time due to that he naturally gets over looked. If Namor fans could get other Comic fans interested in the character our voice will be louder and when it finally gets to the point that Marvel can no longer ignore us thats when we will actually see change. Until then be prepared to see more underwater looses.
    Oh, hell no. I can never be prepared enough to see Namor lose underwater.

Well, I noticed, on this board Namor gets a lot of hatred, so that may also have something to do with the lack of interest. Though there's definitely some misinformation about the character out there that could be addressed. While I wished the character had been treated better, I do think Namor has gotten some much needed exposure from his stint in both the X-Men and New Avengers. Perhaps not an entirely favorable exposure, but I think he's picked up some new fans from both books.

There are characters more cool or interesting than Namor? ;p

I do think Namor isn't going to appeal to the average comic book buyer -- he's not your typical superhero. But I don't think Marvel has even tried to play to his strengths as a character, or go after the audiences that would appreciate him.

I also think that reaching out to the Marvel staff that are online, and asking about Namor and his future would help. Keep reminding them that folks want to see Namor, and written well. I tend to lurk in places, but I'm trying to step it up.

Thanks for your interesting input. Definitely food for thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Oh, hell no. I can never be prepared enough to see Namor lose underwater.

Well, I noticed, on this board Namor gets a lot of hatred, so that may also have something to do with the lack of interest. Though there's definitely some misinformation about the character out there that could be addressed. While I wished the character had been treated better, I do think Namor has gotten some much needed exposure from his stint in both the X-Men and New Avengers. Perhaps not an entirely favorable exposure, but I think he's picked up some new fans from both books.

There are characters more cool or interesting than Namor? ;p

I do think Namor isn't going to appeal to the average comic book buyer -- he's not your typical superhero. But I don't think Marvel has even tried to play to his strengths as a character, or go after the audiences that would appreciate him.

I also think that reaching out to the Marvel staff that are online, and asking about Namor and his future would help. Keep reminding them that folks want to see Namor, and written well. I tend to lurk in places, but I'm trying to step it up.

Thanks for your interesting input. Definitely food for thought.
    I think there's a huge Wolverine shaped hole in the 616 right now that another, more regal and comic book anti-hero conceived 75 years ago could, nay MUST step into. I agree that nobody is cooler, nor more interesting that Namor, but then, I reckon I'm probably preaching to the choir. I expect we'll see Namor go more than one round with Thanos. Even Superman get's beat down by Darkseid once in a while after all. You can't keep a prince of the realm down. LONG LIVE THE KING! IMPERIUS REX!!!!

On another note I just finished the totally Namor-less NA#25. I definitely missed the Avenging Son, but as a big Captain Britain fan was very pleased by all of Brian's moments. I think that's Sue behind Thanos in the fuzzy picture. What the heck happens to her in the next few months to make her so insanely angry? I have a bad feeling that Valeria and/or Franklin may be in trouble. Maybe even some of the other kids *ulp*

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    I think there's a huge Wolverine shaped hole in the 616 right now that another, more regal and comic book anti-hero conceived 75 years ago could, nay MUST step into. I agree that nobody is cooler, nor more interesting that Namor, but then, I reckon I'm probably preaching to the choir. I expect we'll see Namor go more than one round with Thanos. Even Superman get's beat down by Darkseid once in a while after all. You can't keep a prince of the realm down. LONG LIVE THE KING! IMPERIUS REX!!!!
    I like the way you think. And post.

On another note I just finished the totally Namor-less NA#25. I definitely missed the Avenging Son, but as a big Captain Britain fan was very pleased by all of Brian's moments. I think that's Sue behind Thanos in the fuzzy picture. What the heck happens to her in the next few months to make her so insanely angry? I have a bad feeling that Valeria and/or Franklin may be in trouble. Maybe even some of the other kids *ulp*
    Whatever people might say about the character, Namor makes New Avengers entertaining.

Yes, it was nice to see Captain Britain, even if we didn't get much info about what the heck is going on with him ... or anyone else.

As for Sue ... did you read the FF annual? I wonder if that revelation has something to do with it ... or maybe she's just finally had it with Reed's crap. He got away once with hiding the Illuminati from Sue, but to do it yet again?

I like the way you think. And post.
    Thanks hombre. Right back at you.

Whatever people might say about the character, Namor makes New Avengers entertaining.

Yes, it was nice to see Captain Britain, even if we didn't get much info about what the heck is going on with him ... or anyone else.

As for Sue ... did you read the FF annual? I wonder if that revelation has something to do with it ... or maybe she's just finally had it with Reed's crap. He got away once with hiding the Illuminati from Sue, but to do it yet again?
    The last of the Captain Britain Corps? Gave me chills. Amadeus was great in this issue too and I liked Hank and Reed for the first time in months.

I did read the FF annual and I'm wondering if there is something going on below the surface with Sue, as Valeria suggested there might be. Even if Malice hasn't retaken Sue, even if Valeria and Franklin and the other kids are okay, I know her separation from them is taking it's toll. I'm interested to see where Jim Hammond and the rest of the Invaders are with respect to all of this TRO stuff. If Jim is still with SHIELD I can't see him being okay with Sue's tactics.

Great preview with Namor in next week's All New Invaders! And an amazing cover!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=24110

It's interesting to get this side of Namor. I'm not sure he'd actually say that to Cap, even if he believed it -- which I don't think he does. Namor never seemed happy about the Illuminati, much less 'basking in secret authority.' I mean, he's pretty open about his unsecret authority. : p

But I've been waiting to see if Robinson was going to use the friendship between Namor and Torch, which frankly there's more evidence of than his friendship with Cap, especially in the Golden Age stuff. And it's clear, from what Cap says here, that he really doesn't know Namor at all.

Also, Steve Pugh draws a really sleek Namor. And I'm very happy to see the Atlantean ship, along with a real live blue Atlantean flying it.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 10-17-2014 at 12:49 AM.

Thanks hombre. Right back at you.

The last of the Captain Britain Corps? Gave me chills. Amadeus was great in this issue too and I liked Hank and Reed for the first time in months.

I did read the FF annual and I'm wondering if there is something going on below the surface with Sue, as Valeria suggested there might be. Even if Malice hasn't retaken Sue, even if Valeria and Franklin and the other kids are okay, I know her separation from them is taking it's toll. I'm interested to see where Jim Hammond and the rest of the Invaders are with respect to all of this TRO stuff. If Jim is still with SHIELD I can't see him being okay with Sue's tactics.
    Not a Reed fan, but he really got stomped on -- and perhaps deservedly so. Yes, Cho is great, but I'd like to have seen more of him and Captain Britain, if we weren't getting Namor. Though, we obviously will get more of Captain Britain .... sometime ... hopefully not off panel.

Oh, there's something going on with Sue. Doom said so.

Namor on that All New Invaders Cover

BANNED

Gwad! I love Namor. That preview with Robison is dead on. Namor is always the first to own what he does and takes responsibility for his actions instead of blame shifting and looking for someone else to pick up his slack or problems. I love that about him and Robison has captured that perfectly in that first couple of panels.

It's interesting to get this side of Namor. I'm not sure he'd actually say that to Cap, even if he believed it -- which I don't think he does. Namor never seemed happy about the Illuminati, much less 'basking in secret authority.' I mean, he's pretty open about his unsecret authority. : p

I think Namors original opinion on the Illuminati was that it was a necessary evil. He nave basked in the idea sure but he was the one who proposed the original idea of not telling anyone. Remember in Bendis original run he stated he didn't want information about his kingdom being pillow talk topic's . I think Namor did mean what he said to Steve. He is very straight forward and in that scenario had no reason to lie or withhold his feelings.

Ah, James Robinson has made my day. I think Steve (and maybe Barnes and Hammond) are the only people that Namor would ever say most of that to. I'm glad to see Iron Cross still around this issue. Fingers crossed that they can reign Jim in without too much pain and suffering. IMPERIUS REX!

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Namor on that All New Invaders Cover

LOL! Entirely appropriate gif for Namor. Especially this piece of art done by Colleen Doran.

From her website: http://www.adistantsoil.com/comic/a-...pring-page-30/

Though, I also think Invaders has had some great covers with and without Namor.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 10-19-2014 at 12:34 AM.

Gwad! I love Namor. That preview with Robison is dead on. Namor is always the first to own what he does and takes responsibility for his actions instead of blame shifting and looking for someone else to pick up his slack or problems. I love that about him and Robinson has captured that perfectly in that first couple of panels.
    Yes, I agree, for the most part. Namor is pretty honest with himself, though sometimes he flies off the handle and has to cool down first. He's definitely a 'the buck stops here' kind of guy.

And we don't get to see that with Hickman's Namor most the time, as his Namor is all about the Prince. And as Stuart Moore pointed out in a in issue of Namor the First Mutant, the Prince has to maintain a persona and facade. So it's nice that Robinson shows folks who don't get Namor, that there's more to him than Hickman's snarky Namor, even if that's entertaining in its own fashion.

I think Namors original opinion on the Illuminati was that it was a necessary evil. He nave basked in the idea sure but he was the one who proposed the original idea of not telling anyone. Remember in Bendis original run he stated he didn't want information about his kingdom being pillow talk topic's . I think Namor did mean what he said to Steve. He is very straight forward and in that scenario had no reason to lie or withhold his feelings.
    Right, to me, Namor seemed to view the Illuminati as a necessary evil, because he didn't trust them, and there was no way he allowing them to make global decisions without him having a say / keeping an eye on them. Hence, why I think Namor wasn't 'basking in secret authority.' I mean, he was the first one to tell them it wouldn't work, when Stark proposed the idea.

I didn't mean to imply Namor was outright lying to Steve. I meant to say, I think that's what Robinson thinks of Namor's actions, not what Namor thinks of his actions. Well, except the arrogance part. I'm pretty sure Namor owns up to that 'little' flaw. I mean, what actions do you think (or Namor would think) are "petty stupidity?" The only thing I can see Namor kicking himself for as stupid, is allowing the Wakandans to rebuild, before settling the war between them -- and trusting T'challa and Shuri with the peace talks (though I blame Hickman for that PIS) -- but I don't think either of those were exactly petty.

Ah, James Robinson has made my day. I think Steve (and maybe Barnes and Hammond) are the only people that Namor would ever say most of that to. I'm glad to see Iron Cross still around this issue. Fingers crossed that they can reign Jim in without too much pain and suffering. IMPERIUS REX!
    It certainly plays to the 'band of brothers' idea -- though I lean more towards Hammond, than Steve and Bucky. But I also think there others Namor would admit his failings to, but they are all female.

It sounds like a great tribute to the Golden Age fights between Namor and Torch. But I'm wondering from this Marc Lamming panel, if it's going to be the team (with Spitfire and Union Jack) taking Jim down?

In the spirt of comic rivalries I also wanted to post a few scans marvels and possibly all of comics first superhero face off.

Was looking over some Jim stuff and stumbled upon these. I actually find these old dated confrontations a hell of lot more entertaining than the stuff we are currently getting from Namor and BP. Comic gems is what they are.
    No problem...I actually have a few more scans from that issue of the First Frenemies ;p

If you guys are interested?
    If you still have them at hand, I'd be interested in seeing them. These were great!

I mean, what actions do you think (or Namor would think) are "petty stupidity?" The only thing I can see Namor kicking himself for as stupid, is allowing the Wakandans to rebuild, before settling the war between them -- and trusting T'challa and Shuri with the peace talks (though I blame Hickman for that PIS) -- but I don't think either of those were exactly petty.
    petty stupidity is assuming wakanda was on the same page with him when he wanted peace too.
    i do think that t'challa tried his best though, shuri's the one to blame here.