Page 76 of 631 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086126176576 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 9460
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    petty stupidity is assuming wakanda was on the same page with him when he wanted peace too.
    i do think that t'challa tried his best though, shuri's the one to blame here.
    Yeah, I think Namor was written as stupid in his dealings with Wakanda post AvX. But I didn't think of him being petty. The last time I remember Namor doing something memorably petty was back in pre-WWW Hulk, when Namora chose to help the Renegades instead of going back to help Namor in Atlantis. Maybe I have a different definition of petty. LOL!

Regarding Dzub's earlier post about Namor's status at Marvel. I found this Robot 6 article here on CBR.

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com...cters-in-1972/

And we can clearly see, Namor was appreciated highly back in 1972.

well i hope he returns to his glory days!

could the lack of development in namor's mythos could have caused his decline?
    i mean look at the characters popular then and now e.g. cap,spidey,thor
    they've gone through so many different storylines been dead,had new costumes,etc etc
    while namor is relatively untouched..is that a possible reason?

petty stupidity is assuming wakanda was on the same page with him when he wanted peace too.
    i do think that t'challa tried his best though, shuri's the one to blame here.
    That was how I had read things too; Namor was very shocked and angry with how things worked out.

well i hope he returns to his glory days!

could the lack of development in namor's mythos could have caused his decline?
    i mean look at the characters popular then and now e.g. cap,spidey,thor
    they've gone through so many different storylines been dead,had new costumes,etc etc
    while namor is relatively untouched..is that a possible reason?
    Me too! Sadly, I think it will only happen if Namor gets a movie. Or a powerful patron at Marvel.

Those characters have gone through so many storylines because they've had solo books that focus on them for most of their existence. Namor hasn't had a continuous solo book, though he's managed to have several ongoings and mini-series.

Namor has had some storylines and changes over the decades, some good and some bad. Not having a book continuously has hurt him, I think. And actually, I wonder why he hasn't? Yes, the default answer is sales, but I need to go back and look at how the other books that came out at the same time (Iron Man, Cap, Hulk) were doing back at issue #72.

I often argue with myself whether or not being untouched with no appearances is better for Namor than being character assassinated with appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    That was how I had read things too; Namor was very shocked and angry with how things worked out.
    Understandable, as I was shocked and angry at the way things were written. ;p

On another note ... I saw Jae Lee is getting some DC figures based on his work. How awesome would it be if we got a Jae Lee inspired Namor figure / statue?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Me too! Sadly, I think it will only happen if Namor gets a movie. Or a powerful patron at Marvel.

Those characters have gone through so many storylines because they've had solo books that focus on them for most of their existence. Namor hasn't had a continuous solo book, though he's managed to have several ongoings and mini-series.

Namor has had some storylines and changes over the decades, some good and some bad. Not having a book continuously has hurt him, I think. And actually, I wonder why he hasn't? Yes, the default answer is sales, but I need to go back and look at how the other books that came out at the same time (Iron Man, Cap, Hulk) were doing back at issue #72.

I often argue with myself whether or not being untouched with no appearances is better for Namor than being character assassinated with appearances.
    a movie? aquaman will beat him to that. stan lee is a big fan of namor..but he does'nt do anything marvel (comics) related for a long time

with the events in new avengers, hickman practically has sown the seeds for someone to do a solo series.
    preferably begin the arc with rebuilding atlantis..or repopulating atlantis even

a movie? aquaman will beat him to that. stan lee is a big fan of namor..but he does'nt do anything marvel (comics) related for a long time

with the events in new avengers, hickman practically has sown the seeds for someone to do a solo series.
    preferably begin the arc with rebuilding atlantis..or repopulating atlantis even

It's like you are reading my mind! LOL! I just asked a very similar question in the Ask Alonso thread.

Yes, sadly, it appears Aquaman will make it to the big screen before Namor. sigh.

We'll get two appearances from Namor, besides getting stomped on by Thanos, in January!

For some reason, it appears Namor and Torch are attacking Sue???

FANTASTIC FOUR #642
    JAMES ROBINSON (W) • LEONARD KIRK (A/C)
    Connecting Cover variant by Michael Golden
    Character Spotlight Variant Cover by Jimmy Cheung
    THE COUNTDOWN BEGINS
    • THE INVADERS meet the FANTASTIC FOUR as the hunt for REED RICHARDS and the missing kids of the FUTURE FOUNDATION continues.
    • Meanwhile the mastermind behind everything unveils his ultimate plan.
    • But how does FRANKLIN RICHARDS factor in?
    • Guest starring JIM HAMMOND, NAMOR, THE NEW CAPTAIN AMERICA and...DOC GREEN?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$3.99

And witnessing the birth of Inhuman Toro!

ALL-NEW INVADERS #14
    JAMES ROBINSON (W) • STEVE PUGH (A/C)
    THE RETURN OF TORO!!!
    • THOMAS "TORO" RAYMOND emerges from his INHUMAN cocoon with new powers and new enemies. Can JIM HAMMOND, NAMOR and NEW CAPTAIN AMERICA SAM WILSON help their colleague through his dangerous rebirth?
    • Will the BRITISH INVADERS UNION JACK and SPITFIRE—along with WINTER SOLDIER—solve the mystery of the MARTIAN INVASION?
    • Guest Starring KILLRAVEN and the INHUMANS.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$3.99

Marvel January solicits: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=56465
    Last edited by Reviresco; 10-23-2014 at 11:43 PM.

Today's Invaders was pretty great for Namor fans. I still have some nitpicky reservations about Robinson's take / voice for Namor, but overall a good showing with lots of character interaction for him and most everyone else.

Today's Invaders was pretty great for Namor fans. I still have some nitpicky reservations about Robinson's take / voice for Namor, but overall a good showing with lots of character interaction for him and most everyone else.
    this is a good issue.
    the art is good but it could be better IMO.
    some dialogue was'nt so good but was great overall.

what i love is that although namor has been in almost all teams in marvel,
    (invaders,avengers,x-men,defenders)
    it's the invaders he has a soft spot for.

while it's great to see namor be featured in the invaders/f4 crossover,
    i still have doubts on how falcon can team up with him considering SHIELD is out to get the illuminati and cabal
    could the avenging son have turned himself in or finally got the help he sought out for in NA #24 in the invaders?
    we'll wait and see

...is namor wielding the shield :O :O :O
    it's just my hyperactive imagination but..one can dream right?

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/0/0/1/AVEN2012040-Cov-COLv3-15a04.jpg

...is namor wielding the shield :O :O :O
    it's just my hyperactive imagination but..one can dream right?
    Wow. I didn't think of that ... but now that you mention it, it sort of does look like it. It also looks like Namor is faking it, and peeking out of one eye. LOL!

Didn't Namor toss Steve the shield in Gage's Invaders' Now?

this is a good issue.
    the art is good but it could be better IMO.
    some dialogue was'nt so good but was great overall.

what i love is that although namor has been in almost all teams in marvel,
    (invaders,avengers,x-men,defenders)
    it's the invaders he has a soft spot for.

while it's great to see namor be featured in the invaders/f4 crossover,
    i still have doubts on how falcon can team up with him considering SHIELD is out to get the illuminati and cabal
    could the avenging son have turned himself in or finally got the help he sought out for in NA #24 in the invaders?
    we'll wait and see
    I think the scene with Namor and Doom won't have occurred yet, as isn't that 8 months in the future? I'm not sure when Steve ages, so I'm not sure if Namor has done the Cabal thing yet, even.

I agree. The Invaders is probably Namor's favorite team. I think part of it is that team was forged during war, and that creates a special bond. Also, it was formed during Namor's youth, when things were simpler and more intense, and we tend to remember those relationships, fondly and with nostalgia.

I was thinking the same, that some pages were a bit static, but other pages were great, with interesting composition. And yes, I think part of nit picking about Robinson's Namor involves the dialog. But again, I really appreciate what he is trying to do with Namor. And it's great to see him and Torch's relationship remembered.

I think the scene with Namor and Doom won't have occurred yet, as isn't that 8 months in the future? I'm not sure when Steve ages, so I'm not sure if Namor has done the Cabal thing yet, even.

I agree. The Invaders is probably Namor's favorite team. I think part of it is that team was forged during war, and that creates a special bond. Also, it was formed during Namor's youth, when things were simpler and more intense, and we tend to remember those relationships, fondly and with nostalgia.

I was thinking the same, that some pages were a bit static, but other pages were great, with interesting composition. And yes, I think part of nit picking about Robinson's Namor involves the dialog. But again, I really appreciate what he is trying to do with Namor. And it's great to see him and Torch's relationship remembered.
    i don't remember Namor wielding the shield..or anything from invaders now tbh..it was'nt quite a memorable story to me haha

oh yes,that's right.the cabal should be a secret until the events of the last avengers issue.
    the continuity is a little confusing now.

they were also amongst the first surface dwellers namor formed friendships with..has to count for something right?