Page 8 of 631 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108508 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    How would you guys feel about a Black Panther/Namor team up similar to Flags of Our Fathers? Azzari the Wise and Namor.

I think it would be kind of cool if Namor's beef with T'challa had some rooting in the fact that he feels that T'challa isn't living up to the legacy of his grandfather AND father.
    You know, Namor doesn't need an excuse to have a beef with most male characters. It's kind of his standard opening attitude. I blame HIS grandfather for that. LOL!

I guess it would depend on the set up. But my main problem with such a team up is it would be Namor supporting Black Panther, yet again. There hasn't been a single story I can think of that is told from Namor's PoV or about Namor and Atlantis, with Black Panther playing a supporting role.

Also, I didn't care for Hudlin's continuity ignored, handling of Namor and T'challa's relationship or the WWII flashback sequence with Namor and Azzari. Namor can be impetuous, but he isn't stupid. I prefer Priest's take on them, where they are political frenemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    You know, Namor doesn't need an excuse to have a beef with most male characters. It's kind of his standard opening attitude. I blame HIS grandfather for that. LOL!

I guess it would depend on the set up. But my main problem with such a team up is it would be Namor supporting Black Panther, yet again. There hasn't been a single story I can think of that is told from Namor's PoV or about Namor and Atlantis, with Black Panther playing a supporting role.

Also, I didn't care for Hudlin's continuity ignored, handling of Namor and T'challa's relationship or the WWII flashback sequence with Namor and Azzari. Namor can be impetuous, but he isn't stupid. I prefer Priest's take on them, where they are political frenemies.
    I was thinking it would be a co-headlined book. But, It easily could focus on a young Namor meeting Azzari ( with Azzari in the supporting role.)

Also, I don't think Hudlin would have to write it, I was just using Flags as a frame of reference. Basically, it would be an untold tales of history type of thing.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    To this I would add that Jae Lee's EVERYTHING since the MK Inhumans has been gorgeous. I'm super glad to have you back hombre. It sounds like it was a mistake, but if you have any tips on stuff to watch out for/be cautious of on the boards now, I'd appreciate it.
    While i concur that the art itself is gorgeous. I just find it sometimes stylised too much. Which leaves me torn on how I feel about it-gorgeous art against style I dont feel for. Why am I so torn!

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Gorgeous! That was such a great arc for Namor / Invaders fans. IIRC, that last panel in the comic had eyes or teeth or something to indicate the Man Without A Face was behind Namor
    I think I see those teeth actually. I need to read that again.

I seriously doubt you'll have any problems, Chief Jon. I can't recall seeing you saying a cross word to anyone. I would recommend, however, NOT to start reading a thread from the back / newest post, as I often do. Nor to skip around while reading in said thread, especially if it's ... contentious. I ended up missing the mod warnings. O_O
    Oy. That's something I do a lot. Thanks for the heads up. Nice to have you back.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_War_Myth View Post
    I think I see those teeth actually. I need to read that again.

Oy. That's something I do a lot. Thanks for the heads up. Nice to have you back.
    Thank you!

Yeah, it's a bad habit. Especially when I'm so easily distracted. Though, in my defense, I am interrupted a lot too.

I remember when that issue of Cap came out, my imagination ran rampant with all sorts of supernatural creatures.
    Last edited by Rheged; 05-03-2014 at 11:13 PM.

How bad is it that I picked up NA #17 yesterday, but totally skipped to the Namor and T'challa parts and read only those?
    hahahaha.
    I really couldn't care less about the main story, I just wanted to see Namor and T'Challa sharing feels.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

BANNED

This sums up how I feel about it perfectly. Personally due to their history together I would almost prefer it if the two hardly ever/rarely interact at all. If the characters were displayed on equal footing I would be more inclined for it but usually Namor takes a dive (more times due to PIS) to T'Challa than he has ever made to be equal. But that happens to a few characters in regards to T'Challa and Wakanda so I also can't make Namor out to be the victim.

Outside of that I have little to no interest in Namor dealing with anything in regards to Wakanda after AvX and all the forum nonsense. I prefer Namor to interact with other characters that will actually move him forward.

JUST read Invaders #4, and I must say, this issue gave me amazingly good goosebumps!
    BEST ISSUE SO FAR.
    Amazing.
    I cannot say enough good about this issue.
    Just, ah, chills.
    And I found myself actually quite impressed with Pugh's drawing of Namor.
    I hadn't really cared for it up until this book. He was drawn beautifully this issue, I felt.

BRING ON #5.
    WANT.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    JUST read Invaders #4, and I must say, this issue gave me amazingly good goosebumps!
    BEST ISSUE SO FAR.
    Amazing.
    Just, ah, chills.
    I hadn't really cared for it up until this book. He was drawn beautifully this issue, I felt.

BRING ON #5.
    WANT.
    Agreed! Invaders is really picking up some steam! I can't wait until we get to see Toro again swell. I have been wondering for while what happens to that guy. The "Torch" mini that came out not to long ago really sparked my interest in him again and then he was just MIA afterwords. Pretty disappointed to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by NamorsTrident View Post
    Agreed! Invaders is really picking up some steam! I can't wait until we get to see Toro again swell. I have been wondering for while what happens to that guy. The "Torch" mini that came out not to long ago really sparked my interest in him again and then he was just MIA afterwords. Pretty disappointed to say the least.
    I cannot wait for Toro either!
    This issue just did everything for me.
    It's, like, this issue just exploded all the goodness I was hoping for this series.
    Brilliant goodness. <3

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Thank you!

Yeah, it's a bad habit. Especially when I'm so easily distracted. Though, in my defense, I am interrupted a lot too.

I remember when that issue of Cap came out, my imagination ran rampant with all sorts of supernatural creatures.
    I am very easily distracted myself and also interrupted. Still very good to know.

I probably will feel the same way when I reread that. I'm jumping around Brubaker's vol. 5 run right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    BEST ISSUE SO FAR.
    Amazing.
    Just, ah, chills.

BRING ON #5.
    WANT.
    Thanks, Cold Water. I like the Invaders but have been on the fence, as Pugh's art is not quite there for me. Now this seems to be picking up steam, I may start anyway. Perhaps I'll get the first volume collected and go from there. I appreciate hearing fans are starting to really enjoy it.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

He should appear in issue 8. Though maybe the end of seven, since the eight solicit indicates he has been kidnapped. Also he is apparently an inhuman now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Danvidar View Post
    He should appear in issue 8. Though maybe the end of seven, since the eight solicit indicates he has been kidnapped. Also he is apparently an inhuman now.
    Say what? Did this happen in another title recently? Toro has been labeled a mutant for years now......

I'm not opposed to him being a inhuman or anything but it doesn't really add up since no mist/smoke/artist detail was involved at all when his power first emerged. I guess Marvel can say that the "chemicals" his parents where working on/exposed to was in fact the T-Mist that would later effect his mother's pregnancy ......it could work I guess but I don't really see the point in switching Toro's origin unless they wanted to use him in a movie or something.

Huh. Toro an inhuman?
    I learn something new everyday.

Say what? Did this happen in another title recently? Toro has been labeled a mutant for years now......

I'm not opposed to him being a inhuman or anything but it doesn't really add up since no mist/smoke/artist detail was involved at all when his power first emerged. I guess Marvel can say that the "chemicals" his parents where working on/exposed to was in fact the T-Mist that would later effect his mother's pregnancy ......it could work I guess but I don't really see the point in switching Toro's origin unless they wanted to use him in a movie or something.
    It was in the either in an interview or the issue 8 solicit. Best check the invaders thread for more info.