Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 78
  1. #16
    Ultimate Member j9ac9k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    12,429

    Default

    Poor guy - gets sued by Superman, absorbed by DC, has his name taken away by Marvel then when something good happens and he actually gets a successful movie, he's thwarted by an egotistical former wrestler.

  2. #17
    Mighty Member InfamousBG's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Boston MA
    Posts
    1,767

    Default

    JSA coming out on time.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

  3. #18
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,785

    Default

    Heroes having just one or two sidekicks. Batman, Superman, Green Arrow, Flash they all have a gang of them now and DC will never trim it down no matter how much it hurts and dilutes the main hero. The more knock offs the more boring the main character becomes.

  4. #19
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    7,209

    Default

    Supergirl not being Kryptonian.

  5. #20

    Default

    A focus on character development and logical continuity instead of headline-grabbing stunts and endless continuity-resetting or adjusting events.

  6. #21
    Uncanny Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    37,184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    JSA coming out on time.
    I disagree - a new writer should fix that problem.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  7. #22
    Uncanny Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    37,184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Poor guy - gets sued by Superman, absorbed by DC, has his name taken away by Marvel then when something good happens and he actually gets a successful movie, he's thwarted by an egotistical former wrestler.
    Black Adam has nothing to do with the Shazam movies though, he isn't in them. They ended because the entire universe is getting rebooted (same goes for Wonder Woman, also two movies and done).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  8. #23
    Mighty Member InfamousBG's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Boston MA
    Posts
    1,767

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I disagree - a new writer should fix that problem.
    I would hope so but it seems DC does not want that.

    ?

    I am lost after Johns left. With The New Golden Age and JSA I thought we were on a roll.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

  9. #24
    Ultimate Member Riv86672's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    12,085

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    I am lost after Johns left. With The New Golden Age and JSA I thought we were on a roll.
    ^^^Yeah I was really hyped to see that all play out. Instead it petered out.

  10. #25
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,476

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Black Adam has nothing to do with the Shazam movies though, he isn't in them. They ended because the entire universe is getting rebooted (same goes for Wonder Woman, also two movies and done).
    Black Adam has nothing to do because The Rock REFUSED to allow Black Adam to appear in either movie. Just as he didnt allow the JSA to appear.

  11. #26
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,508

    Default

    Robin being inseparable from Batman and an irrevocable part of the Batman franchise.

    Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Superman ever having a stable origin.

    A lighter, more "humorous" version of Batman.

    A stable continuity.

    Billy Batson ever being called Captain Marvel again.

    A DC/Marvel team up.

    A main character being permanently replaced by a legacy character. (Wally West replacing Barry Allen for instance)
    I think the stable continuity is do-able, if there's a will to do it. But of course, the problem with a stable continuity is that you'll inevitably have a section of the fanbase opposed to whatever you end up with.

    I do think a main character being permanently replaced by a legacy character could still happen. I mean, that almost happened just a few years ago with 5G. The caveat is that 'permanent' may just be a few years before someone else 'permanently' brings the original back. And between Black Label, the Multiverse, and adaptations, the original will also always be around in some way or form and possibly continue to command attention.

  12. #27
    Extraordinary Member HsssH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Black Adam has nothing to do because The Rock REFUSED to allow Black Adam to appear in either movie. Just as he didnt allow the JSA to appear.
    No reason to assume that it would have been a better movie.

  13. #28
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    9,447

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    8-year-old sidekicks will never be seen again.
    I think it is pretty debatable if 8-year-old sidekicks were ever seen...

  14. #29
    Astonishing Member Morgoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    2,597

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    I do think a main character being permanently replaced by a legacy character could still happen. I mean, that almost happened just a few years ago with 5G. The caveat is that 'permanent' may just be a few years before someone else 'permanently' brings the original back. And between Black Label, the Multiverse, and adaptations, the original will also always be around in some way or form and possibly continue to command attention.
    I think that the fate of 5G has generally put this option to rest, at very least for a long time. Considering what kind of backstage shit show even the attempt to push this initiative turned out to be, I doubt anyone would like to have another try.

  15. #30
    DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    20,284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I think it is pretty debatable if 8-year-old sidekicks were ever seen...
    Dick Grayson became Robin at age 8, though that was changed in the '50s.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

    Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

    Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •