Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Boisterously Confused

Wakanda being a hunter-gatherer nation that T'Challa dragged into technological sophistication (that change is a good thing, BTW).

Black Panther limiting himself to heightened senses and acrobatics.

Thor (or anybody else on the good guy side) single-handedly butt-whooping the whole Chinese Red Army out of India.

Daredevil being light-hearted.

Iron Man's abilities being mainly magnetic in nature.

Vision's physiology being almost identically human, but made out of synthetic materials.

A sensible, consistent hierarchy of who's the most powerful among the characters.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Wakanda being a hunter-gatherer nation that T'Challa dragged into technological sophistication (that change is a good thing, BTW).

Black Panther limiting himself to heightened senses and acrobatics.

Thor (or anybody else on the good guy side) single-handedly butt-whooping the whole Chinese Red Army out of India.

Iron Man's abilities being mainly magnetic in nature.

Vision's physiology being almost identically human, but made out of synthetic materials.

A sensible, consistent hierarchy of who's the most powerful among the characters.
    ^^^I hope you’re wrong about Daredevil.

I think there’s room for humor in his book and him as a character. I mean he’s a swashbuckler. Grin and gritty looks good on him yeah, but he should balance that out w. a dry wit.

One scene that I think captures what I’m talking about is the last page of his crossover w. Batman from back in ‘97.

Gotta agree with the majority, DD doesn't always have to be grim & gritty
    For what it's worth, Kesel nailed it during his run (until TPTB/editorial got cold feet & ended it):
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

A 99 Cent line like the one that gave us Untold Tales of Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    I agree with this. Ever since the Avengers movie Black Widow has been powered up. She nearly beat Illyana in their AvX fight and in the Avengers Assembled cartoon she defeated Moonstone, two opponents above street level, but Black Widow is now more popular/well known to the general public. This kind of powerup will not be rewarded to B-list characters. The days of new/less popular heroes beating the likes of Kang and Dr. Doom will not happen today, which makes them kind of restrictive in a sense.
    Literally powered up, as she's now got the full suite of Spider-Man powers thanks to having a Venom symbiote.

This hasn't changed. It was explicit in Viv's origin in fact - she's even more human than Vision himself, she was built as a teenager but ages like a human from that point, unlike Vision, who's functionally immortal but can still be killed. Both synthezoids also don't eat food. Vision's always been very human except for those two things, lack of aging and lack of need for nutrients.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Literally powered up, as she's now got the full suite of Spider-Man powers thanks to having a Venom symbiote.

This hasn't changed. It was explicit in Viv's origin in fact - she's even more human than Vision himself, she was built as a teenager but ages like a human from that point, unlike Vision, who's functionally immortal but can still be killed. Both synthezoids also don't eat food. Vision's always been very human except for those two things, lack of aging and lack of need for nutrients.
    I look forward to a The Visions 2099 series where dad has to watch his daughter die of old age
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    A 99 Cent line like the one that gave us Untold Tales of Spider-Man.
    We might but it will probably a reprint or a 6-10 page story.

Nothing to the level of Untold Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    Zeb Wells straight up said "magic good guy Norman Osborn? Don't mind if I do, Mr Spencer!"

But it is rarer, yeah. Honestly a result of so many things being 5-issue minis. Why would you reference something from Quasar: The Re-Quasaning (1 of 4)? What are the odds anyone read that?
    I am very interested in this Re-Quasaning. It's been so long since he was originally Quasaned, about time they got around to it.

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    I look forward to a The Visions 2099 series where dad has to watch his daughter die of old age
    Most future stories actually have Vision not survive that long. He's not invincible. The Old Man Logan timeline (this was in one of the later books starring other characters) has Viv as one of the last surviving heroes - using the codename The Avenger. Dark Ages had both Vision and Viv destroyed at the outset due to the global EMP.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

There will never be a major issue without a variant cover.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    There will never be a major issue without a variant cover.
    You misspelled "plethora of variant coverS"
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?