Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Once Upon A Time (ABC)

We're an episode or two away from the season three finale (I'm guessing next week's two hour event is going to be a retrospective and then a new episode?), but last night's episode felt like it could be an end to the season.

We got to see the Oz story play out, bringing in the other two witches and Dorothy (did she remind anyone else of Susan from the Narnia movies?). Some nice mythology gags including the water thing and the Yellow Brick Road. I would've liked this whole backstory to be longer. The Zelena flashbacks throughout this half of the season focused a lot on just her. It felt kind of late to introduce Dorothy, and that means making the story that much briefer and losing a lot of details. And The Scarecrow I missed most of all.

I did like the final throwdown. Zelena was kind of overpowered (I rolled my eyes every time David, Hook, or Robin Hood even attempted anything, you knew she was just going to mow them down without any effort) plus she had Rumpel, but at least it left me wondering how they were going to end up beating her.

Regina ended up being a valuable player, between Neverland and this, she's really grown as a person. The question is, how will this season end for everyone?

Part-Time Pen Monkey

Personally I'm probably done with the show at this point. I havent enjoyed the direction its been going since the end of Season 2. I've only stuck around because of Hook. His love interest in Emma continues to confuse me.

I'm glad to see Regina growing as a person, but on the other hand we have Rumpel headed back in the villain direction.

Yeah, I'm a good few weeks behind now too and haven't really had much of an urge to catch up. In some ways, Once Upon a Time in Wonderland has contributed to my diminishing interest in its predecessor. Not because I didn't enjoy it, quite the opposite. I actually preferred Wonderland - and it just felt nice having a completely self contained story, one with a beginning, a middle and an end. Particularly at a time when the main show is going around in circles.

I probably will catch up at some point, and I am interested to see how Will/The Knave is introduced. As far as I know, there's been no suggestion that Emma Rigby will be joining the cast too, so I'm curious how they will justify Will being on his own. After everything they went through in OUATIW to finally get back together, if they end up being split up again (or worse yet, she's killed off), I ain't gonna be happy.

Now they are going to bring Frozen characters into this universe.

BANNED

Best Season Finale EVER

Incredible Member

So basically every time Emma addresses her little brother now, she's reminded of the guy she had her own kid with, and that's not awkward at all. Great homage, Snow and Charming, really.

Astonishing Member

Wow, I never imagined they would bring in characters from Frozen. That was actually unbelievably brilliant and perfect timing.

BANNED

the very best thing has to be Regina is going to kill Emma now. Hopefully. And she should kill Henry too, never liked him.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Was trying to figure out who the women they saved was the whole episode until they revealed who at the end. Maybe Regina really isn't ever meant to be truly happy.

BANNED

Frozen ?

Never seen the movie , so i have to goggle , elsa ?

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    Frozen ?

Never seen the movie , so i have to goggle , elsa ?

Yup thats her. I cackled like Rumple. Bloody brilliant. As for Marien(sp) i spent the entire episode wondering who she was and the second they showed Robin Regina and Roland hand in hand I was like oh sith it's her.

We never did see what happened to Zelena. That was the whole point of the time travel story.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Was trying to figure out who the women they saved was the whole episode until they revealed who at the end. Maybe Regina really isn't ever meant to be truly happy.
    Right up until they cut from her and Emma's escape to the shot of Regina in her palace quarters, I thought she was Regina in disguise, trying to pump Emma for info on Snow's whereabouts.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    We never did see what happened to Zelena. That was the whole point of the time travel story.
    Zelena's dead; Rumple killed her at the end of the previous episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham_Lord View Post
    Personally I'm probably done with the show at this point. I havent enjoyed the direction its been going since the end of Season 2. I've only stuck around because of Hook. His love interest in Emma continues to confuse me.

I'm glad to see Regina growing as a person, but on the other hand we have Rumpel headed back in the villain direction.
    Well, I don't think the hero/villain divide is that cut-n-dried. I'm pretty sure the return of Marian is going to result in some dark moments ahead for Regina as well.

Top Five Actresses To Play Elsa

Kristen Bell: It won't happen for several reasons. She already has a hit show on Show Time or Stars and because she would be playing the wrong sister. They might get her to play anna if they kill Anna off in this version in order to make Elsa completely evil but I doubt it. Still Bell is a national treasure 9unless she's Canadian)Just checked, nope she is Michigan which is just shy of Canadia.

Diana Agron: Best known for playing Quinn Fabray in Glee she plays a great Bitka and you can believe she is evil. She is probably too young to play opposite Regina or even Emma and she is probably too old to be a potential romance for Henry

Heather Morris: Another Glee Alum This would be a different role for her. Sinister and evil rather than dumb But I'm a fan

Lilly Rabe: Another Ryan Murphy Alum. She is old enough to go up against Regina and Emma, far to old for Henry and probably the better actress of the bunch.

Kristen Chenowith: Oh God please no.