Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Original Sin Annual, #1

Everybody has one.

Full article here.

Will this issue get collected? Anyone know?

part of me wants to crap on it, but it looks somewhat interesting

I love that we'll be getting to find out about McCord at last, and those covers are wonderful, especially the ones looking like Pulp Fiction. I hope we see more of how he is recruited, and by the looks of it, he was recruited in the early 1950's or 40's. This would just round out the Original Sin story, and I wonder what McCords Original Sin would be? There had to be some reason some drunken bum in the Mid West took up being the Man on the Wall. And McCord last words : Tell me it was all worth it? Fury had his answer when it was his time to finish, but McCord seemed to wonder whether it was all worth it. Maybe in 1957 when he died, the World wasn't in a good place then. Maybe he thought the world was spiralling into Nuclear Holocaust, like the Watchers first attempt at helping primitives, failed? Would be ironic if McCord died thinking the Watchers have another person to hang out to dry in Uatu, who was helping McCord back then, and now it all comes out in this Annual?
    Last edited by jackolover; 09-10-2014 at 03:25 PM.

Incredible Member RobertoDaCosta's Avatar

really? no one cares about McCord...
    Bring back Ultimate Dazzler!!

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoDaCosta View Post
    Yes, he does seem to be an incidental character. It may not mean much to a lot of readers if this is McCords back story, and as OS didn't resonate with many readers, it doesn't seem McCord could go anywhere from here. Myself, I liked OS and am interested in McCords back story because he is the forefather of the Man on the wall, just like the guy who was DoS before Nick Fury in 1965.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoDaCosta View Post
    This. Tho sooner Original sin is forgotten the better

A couple of interesting things came out of Original Sin...Silk on Amazing Spider-Man and Angela being Thor's sibling, but I'm at a loss for the rest. I just don't feel like I got my money's worth from the Original Sin miniseries...so I'm not gonna plunk any more dollars into an annual. Actually, this may have done me in for Marvel Comics for a while...all hype-hype-hype, no delivery. You used to be able to get all of this stretched out story in one or two issues.
    Reading Miracleman, Amazing Spider-Man, Batman Eternal, Earth2, Gotham Academy.

Quote Originally Posted by Stay Puft View Post
    A couple of interesting things came out of Original Sin...Silk on Amazing Spider-Man and Angela being Thor's sibling, but I'm at a loss for the rest. I just don't feel like I got my money's worth from the Original Sin miniseries...so I'm not gonna plunk any more dollars into an annual. Actually, this may have done me in for Marvel Comics for a while...all hype-hype-hype, no delivery. You used to be able to get all of this stretched out story in one or two issues.
    Dude, I didnt even read OS and I feel let down by it. Just...sorta pointless, I guess. I dunno. But the event held no interest for me when it was announced, still doesnt now.

There are some Marvel books Im really enjoying right now though, and most of those haven't really been impacted by OS. Ms. Marvel and Captain Marvel have ignored it completely. Hickman's Avengers books are playing with the concept but not the Event itself. Bendis' X-Men titles are getting into Xavier's past with an overly long, drawn out story but otherwise, most of my Marvel reading hasnt been bothered.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.