• VELVET #7

3 7.14%
  • WALKING DEAD #131

1 2.38%
  • Other

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Image Comic of the Week Sep 10/14 - Copperhead #1, Lazarus #11, Prophet Strikefile #1

Last Week's Winner

On September 3rd Image had one of the best weeks that our readers and myself could remember. Southern Bastards #4 was stunning and was our top comic with 13 votes for the very first time. Other titles that hit it out of the park were Nailbiter and God Hates Astronauts (it's awesome! LOL). I've noticed lately that there are a lot of new Image readers here that are looking for recommendations for titles to start. Make sure you check out our thread last week for some great feedback on the titles mentioned and why it deserves a chance on your pull list. Image has been killing it lately and looks to continue the trend with another big week. East of West, Invincible, Lazarus, Sheltered, Spread, Velvet, Walking Dead and more hitting shelves today. There's also the very beautiful Prophet Strikefile #1 by Brandon Graham and Simon Roy. Should be a great week! Apologies for the poll as the board only allows a maximum of 15 choices, I really don't want to leave any titles out.

Big release today is Jay Faerber and Scott Godlewski's space western Copperhead #1.

From Previews:
    "Welcome to Copperhead, a grimy mining town on the edge of a backwater planet. Single mom Clara Bronson is the new sheriff, and on her first day she'll have to contend with a resentful deputy, a shady mining tycoon, and a family of alien hillbillies. And did we mention the massacre?

Writer JAY FAERBER and the art team of SCOTT GODLEWSKI & RON RILEY bring you this gritty 24th Century Western with an extra-long first issue for the regular price of $3.50!"

New This Week

Last edited by Groo Odyssey; 09-10-2014 at 12:30 PM.
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

Thanks for doing these polls, they are always fun and informative.

My pick of the week will probably be Copperhead but I gotta get home to read it first.
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)

Missing the poll/voting option?
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Dorktron View Post
    Thanks for doing these polls, they are always fun and informative.

My pick of the week will probably be Copperhead but I gotta get home to read it first.
    Hey no problem I'm glad you enjoy them and find them fun and informative, that was always my intent. BTW, if anyone wants to start the thread/polls, let me know. We can each take turns and it would also be nice to hear a different voice from time to time.
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

Quote Originally Posted by capuga View Post
    Missing the poll/voting option?
    I think I was updating the poll as I was creating the thread. Weird that the thread gets posted so fast .

This is a really tough one between Copperhead and Lazarus. Copperhead, a space-western (my favorite genre), was a great first and introductory issue but felt a bit generic at points. I will undoubtedly be sticking with it and it was a great issue. And Lazarus was fantastic as well. I'm going to have to read them both again before making my decision.

Or I can just vote for both..

Kind of an easy pick for me since I've only gotten one from Image this week haha. Haven't read it yet, but Prophet Strikefile looks ridiculously good as usual really. Just one more Strikefile and the Earth War series left and then it'll really be over. I know it's not loved widely, but the people who like it seem to do so passionately. If anyone's looking for bonkers, densely packed sci-fi with outstanding art, Prophet's got you covered.

However, I've also heard Sheltered #11 throws an exciting wrench in the series (don't read it myself anymore) and I'll be curious to hear how Spread is holding up.
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!

I loved East of West #15. It was both brilliant and a little terrifying. I also enjoyed the Spread #3. The No character is incredibly likable which I didn't expect prior to reading the series to date. Copperhead is off to a great start as is as of now, on my pull list.

This'll be a tough one this week since I'm picking up four Image titles tonight and am equally excited for each. We'll see if one jumps out as better than the others.

Pulling:
    Lazarus #11
    Velvet #7
    Death Vigil #3
    Copperhead #1
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

Definitely a tough week for me as well. Picked up Lazarus, Copperhead, Walking Dead, East of West, Invincible and Spread.

After sitting my ass down and reading (and rereading) the issues I had to go with Lazarus this week, it has the beginnings of a great story arc and the new Lazari was just bad ass and the final page of the issue for some reason gave me chills, I feel that something bad is gonna happen in this arc. However as good as Lazarus was this week I have to mention Copperhead, man what a great first issue, I wasn't going to pick it up but the awesome guys at my LCS put one aside for me cause they said "Just buy it I know you will like it" and guess what I liked it immensely! Can't wait to see more from the world of Copperhead and that cover art for the issue (and issue 2) was just gorgeous.

Also on a sidenote I'll be caught up to sheltered soon as well just put in an order for the first 2 tpb and have the new issues set aside, gonna be my first miniseries after getting back into comics, quite excited. But bummed that I can't get into Rat Queens yet tho because I can't get a hold of any of the issues from the second story arc so I'm still stuck at the end of the first story arc
    Black Science, Copperhead, Deadly Class, East of West, The Fade Out, Five Ghosts, Ghosted, Injustice, Invincible, Lazarus, Manifest Destiny, Nailbiter, Outcast, Saga, Southern Bastards, Spread,The Walking Dead, Wayward, XO Manowar

East of West got my vote narrowly beating Lazarus. Epting's art on Velvet was amazing & deserves a mention, Invincible, Copperhead, Spread, Velvet & Sheltered were all really solid books but none of them wowed me.

Incredible Member

I went with Velvet, as is typically my custom when Velvet comes out. I loved that the book took the time to show what it is like to try to hunt Velvet down...it gives you a better idea of how good she is.

I read Copperhead and liked it a lot. Nothing about it really wowed me, but everything aspect of it was good (just not enough to put it above the other great books this month. I have not read Lazarus yet, as I typically wait for a few issues so I can read them consecutively, but I am sure I will like it more than Copperhead...which is why I put it at 3 above Copperhead in my rankings below.

1. Velvet
    2. East of West
    3. Lazarus
    4. Copperhead

I think we can all agree that Image is where it's at right now. There are 8 different titles that have received a vote thus far for the week. There is something for everyone to enjoy!
    Last edited by Dorktron; 09-11-2014 at 07:50 AM.
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dorktron View Post
    I think we can all agree that Image is where its at right now. There are 8 different titles that have received a vote thus far for the week. There is something for everyone to enjoy!
    Amen to that brother!

Picked up 3 Image titles this week: Lazarus #11, Velvet #7 and The Walking Dead #131.

I knew that it was going to be between Lazarus and Velvet even before I picked them up because TWD is just a religious comic for me. Stuck with it for so long that I just gotta get it even though some months the issues aren't even good. This month TWD was okay, but didn't really leave any lasting impression.

On the other hand, Lazarus and Velvet were great. Really liking the fact that Brubaker is introducing some new narrative voices that already feel distinctive after just one issue. Would really liked to have seen a bit more of Velvet but I guess we kinda did.... However, Lazarus got my vote this week. Seeing a new Lazarus was chilling, especially because she seems to be so different to Forever. The plot is moving along nicely, and the snowy panels left me stunned, incredibly beautiful! (Plus, Rucka's end to his letter column was very touching. Really recommend all Lazarus readers to read it even if they find the columns boring.)

I was going to pick up Copperhead but quite hesitant in starting new titles atm so will probably wait for the trade. All the positive things being said about it is great though!