Spectacular Member

Default So I am interested In the ASM #1 variant by Alex Ross, but is it wise to buy it now or hold out and

Like the title states I really want the colored Alex Ross ASM Variant #1 but not sure if its worth picking up now or wait for prices to drop? Do they drop is the key question? Anyone know of a site to buy from other than Ebay?

Have you seen it in person? Ross is one of my favorite artists, and I find his cover sub-par by drawing standards in general, let alone his own lofty ones. I just listed one on ebay, and was shocked at how bad Spidey looked. I find Ross has trouble sometimes with fully masked characters, and that trend is strongly on display here.

It's always a gamble, since prices can go up.

I'd hold out. First, interest in the book is going to be pretty high right now with the movie and the relaunch. Six months from now, prices could easily be lower without the other stuff.

You could also very easily find that six months from now, you're no longer interested in paying a premium for the cover.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

All-New Member

I agree with Mister Mets. You will pay top dollar now. I truly believe the color variant will go down in price. The variants in Spider-Man that have retained their value recently have been the Superior Spider-Man Ditko book and any Campbell cover with Black Cat, although they go down slightly and then stabilize.

I bought the Quesada variants for Fantastic Four #600 (color and sketch) because I absolutely loved the artwork. Now 3+ years later you can find the $100 1:100 variant for $25 bucks on ebay.