Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I would love to see Kang appear on the big screen but not as a GOTG villain.

Of the choices listed in the article, I would probably prefer Annihilus even though they probably can't use him. Magus would be cool but hard to adapt without changing a lot of his history or spending a large portion of the movie developing his back story. I wouldn't mind seeing the elders or possibly a celestial as a villain.
    The Worlds Greatest Comic Magazine Review - Vol 1 (Issues 1-50) and Vol 2 (Issues 51-102)

BANNED

The elders of the universe would be also a good choice considering that the collector has already been seen.

Amazing Member

As much as I want to see the Cosmic MCU developed to its fullest with the Magus and Terrax, Guardians 2 is likely the only time they could get away with having Ego the Living Planet as a character at all, much less a major villain.

All-New Member

I'm personally hoping for Magus and the Universal Church of Truth.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by soundjam View Post
    This would be one of the best options, I think.

BANNED

I would love to see the Badoon but as others have mentions they couldn't be used in GOTG for licensing reasons.

"In an interview on the Pointless Podcast, Guardians director James Gunn explained why certain aliens, like the Badoon, could appear in Marvel movies, while others will not. It’s not that Marvel Studios, producer Kevin Feige, and Gunn didn’t want to include the Badoon in the new film, but it boils down to the film rights. In other words, Marvel doesn’t own them. Gunn explained, “Marvel only partially owns Skrulls, and also for the record, we don’t own the Badoon either. So people were asking why we have the Sakaarans in the film, we don’t own the Badoon.”

From giantfreakrobot.com

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

That is weird on the Badoon. I don't think they have ever appeared once in either the X-Men or the Fantastic Four comics ever. It just seems like a very left field thing to sign away.

If you're already developing Adam Warlock to be introduced in the next movie, I would think Magus would be the most logical choice.

IMO, even if Marvel had the rights to Annihilus, he's too big to drop into a sequel with no build. The obvious rout to take with Annihilus would be an adaptation of Annihilation, and that was so massive in scope and pulled so many characters from all over the place that it would take several movies to set it up properly. At the same time, NOT going with Annihilation when you play the Annihilus card would seem like a waste of the character.
    I co-host a podcast about comics. Mostly it's X-Men comics of the 90's.

Billy and Dan Read Comics!

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    That is weird on the Badoon. I don't think they have ever appeared once in either the X-Men or the Fantastic Four comics ever. It just seems like a very left field thing to sign away.
    The badoon first appeared in Silver Surfer. I find it strange as well though....they appeared in more Guardians comics than Silver Surfer comics (actually their 2nd appearance was in the Guardians of the Galaxy's 1st appearance). Why are they not shared like the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are shared...what is the difference?

To answer the question i have one most people probably don't know about but i think would work great on the screen.
    One of the enemies of the original Guardians was an alien race named the Stark...who's technologies was based on Tony Stark. Basically a bunch of aliens wearing different looking suits all based on the Iron Man technology.

That would also be an excuse to bring in time travel and some of the original Guardians...would love to see Starhawk, Nikki, Charlie-27 and Vance Astro (with the shield).
    Like the Guardians of the Galaxy fan page at http://www.facebook.com/TheGuardiansOfTheGalaxy
    Download one of our games at https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ck+Innovations

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by soundjam View Post
    Considering Marvel changed Asgardians from Gods to aliens, I think they'll also want to stay away from any kind of church group. Especially as villains.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

The one we all seem to be missing is the classic Guardians foe ........ Korvac. Instead of getting his powers by stealing them from Galactus he gets it from an Infinity Gem (to a much lesser degree of coarse). It could be the Reality Gem letting him affect things within a certain distance of himself.

Extraordinary Member

If Korvacs announced, I'll cry with joy.

Quote Originally Posted by roguematt7 View Post
    Not that it necessarily means anything, but the latest contract for Marvel sketch card artists added Annihilus and Mephisto to their list of characters that artists aren't allowed to draw as part of the "No Fantastic Four" policy.
    Mephisto is sort of strange since he shows up all over.

BANNED

Honestly as overused as he is, I wouldn't mind seeing them interact with Loki.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    If Korvacs announced, I'll cry with joy.
    That's who I'm hoping for.

But Thanos could work. GotG has this Star Wars thing going on with Thanos being the Palpatine of it all, so maybe tie the two together.

I think they should also make it slightly bleaker than the this movie. Korvac is a good villain for that. It would be a bad idea for them to simply imitate the first. It has the potential to be a Star Wars/LOTR like trilogy just based on the first movie alone.
    Last edited by ScottSummers; 09-13-2014 at 08:49 PM.