Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Cosmic Villains Who Could Terrorize "Guardians of the Galaxy 2"

A month later and still "Hooked on a Feeling" from Marvel's "Guardians of the Galaxy," CBR forecasts the villains who could appear in the 2017 sequel.

Full article here.

Amazing Member

Yeah, I think it goes without saying that Annihilus will be part of the FF rights. As is Terrax probably - since he's a herald for Galactus.

It is a shame with the spilt rights, since will never get the guardians dealling with Shiar, or Brood, or Galactus, or symbiotes. But ah well.

If the theories on Warlock being Starlords father are right, then I can see the Magnus turning up. The badoon can replace the Skarsons as henchmen villains. Korvac could be cool too.

And given the Collector's multifilm deal, I think we can expect him being more prominent, if not a full villain. Maybe introduce the other elders of the universe? The beyonder, the grandmaster etc

Quote Originally Posted by Frevoli View Post
    Yeah, I think it goes without saying that Annihilus will be part of the FF rights. As is Terrax probably - since he's a herald for Galactus.
    Ronan first appeared in FF and he got into this movie. Somehow Marvel got the Kree so we dont actually know what's what.

I hope they use low end villains because i dont want to see the high end ones get beat because some one dances in front of them.

Bendis must've written that, he does the same crap in comics where he has aliens not known freaking basic concepts because in alien world people dont do the same stuff as earth.
    Last edited by Sighphi; 09-13-2014 at 03:07 PM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    Ronan first appeared in FF and he got into this movie. Somehow Marvel got the Kree so we dont actually know what's what.
    Not that it necessarily means anything, but the latest contract for Marvel sketch card artists added Annihilus and Mephisto to their list of characters that artists aren't allowed to draw as part of the "No Fantastic Four" policy.

Annhilus, Terrax (Galactus and ALL heralds are), The Badoon are FF Fox rights! I can get an explanation as to why the heck the Badoon are, but they were going to be the Sakaarans during GOTG but the rights issue required the change.

I could also see the Elders of the Universe being a good candidate, namely Grandmaster

Shuma would be cool

Planet Hulk related villains maybe? the Red King?
    Last edited by THANOSRULES; 09-10-2014 at 04:03 PM.

It's been mentioned in previous threads hundreds of times already but it's been noted that it's not a black & white, hard and fast line of who you can/can't use hence why we'll see more sharing and trading going on.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Annihilus is the way to go, with Richard Rider of course. Michael Korvac could work, too, but I'd rather he wait for the inevitable Avengers/GotG crossover.

Edit: Nevermind, should've used my head. Fox probably has Annihilus...

Incredible Member

I read in another forum that the rumor mill had it that Gunn and company were looking at KANG THE CONQUEROR as the sequel's Big Bad. In fact here's the article pointing towards it.

What about Ultron? I know he's in the next Avengers, but who's to say he doesn't end up in space somehow. Plus the present day Guardians got their start in Annihilation: Conquest, in which Ultron was the antagonist.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by roguematt7 View Post
    Not that it necessarily means anything, but the latest contract for Marvel sketch card artists added Annihilus and Mephisto to their list of characters that artists aren't allowed to draw as part of the "No Fantastic Four" policy.
    I'd say that means something.

Spectacular Member FN Spider-Man's Avatar

Annihilus please!

If Tom Hiddleston wants to keep putting Loki into Marvel movies, I say let him do it. Why restrict him to Thor and the Avengers? Sure, he steals the show all the time, but in the best possible way.

If not Loki, Annihilus and Korvac would be my top choices. There's still plenty to explore with GOTG. Peter Quill's heritage was hinted at in the first movie, but not revealed. I suspect that's going to be a major theme in the next movie. I would like it if it followed some of the recent comics closely. But the movies rarely try to adhere too closely to the comics so I have a feeling they'll try to throw something unique into the mix. It's a risk, but one Marvel can afford to take.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Loki ? He goes to space , Thanos will find him and kick his ass for failing him in the avengers. Loki wasn't even given the honor of talking directly to thanos , just his lackey , the other and getting threatened by him. At least Ronan took no bs from the other.

Amazing Member

Magus is I think the most likely one here - Marvel won't have the access to Badoon (they were going to be in Guardians, but were changed to Sakaarans due to licensing), Terrax (as a Herald of Galactus, his rights will be with Fox) or Annhilus (again, really an F4 villain so again with Fox) which limits their option.

Another possibility is my personal theory as to Peters (new) Dad - Grandmaster, he's got the cosmic background and would make a very different opponent to Ronan.

Skrulls (but not Super-skull I would imagine) are another option, I believe that Kevin Feige mentioned somewhere that they are deemed to be under the brand rights for both Avengers and Fantastic four (the same way Quicksilver is for Avengers and X-men).

One of the limting factors here is that so many of the cosmic villains fall under the stables of X-men or Fantastic Four - Blaastar, Phalanx, Shi'ar or Brood come to mind.

At this point, I kind of suspect one of the limiting factors on the growth of the MCU is that LOTS of the biggest villains in general are locked in at Fox or Sony - Magneto, Doom, Galactus and the Spider-man villains are going to top any "top Marvel villains" list in terms of fame, and Marvel can't even use them in their films.

Jim

Skrulls seems unlikely, or why not use them in Avengers? The Chitari can't have been the first choice.

Big shame about the FF rights all around -- they definitely lay claim to all the good cosmic characters, certainly the villains. Can't even go Phalanx as they'll be bundled with the X-men.

I guess Magus is the way to go, as a back door to introducing Warlock, though I can't help but feel he's a less interesting way to go.

What about a rogue Nova? Along the lines of SuperNova? (even though Garthan Saal is technically dead). That could be a way of slimming down the Xandarian empire some more, and introducing Rich Rider.