Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
    Spectacular Member

How do you guys organise your shelves? I had mine by publisher then as a rough chronological order (e.g. Watchmen, Post Crisis books, New 52 then Rebirth and in the rough place where they occurred).
    Now I've just re ordered my shelf by Publisher then Character (alphabetical) then chronological which makes more sense but then leads to having spine uniformity like the New 52 all over the place.

I've given up spine uniformity and gone strictly alphabetical(which leads to some jarring changes, like Avengers to Batman or Mandrake to Marvel Masterworks). However, since the publishers sometimes change, what would you do with Conan for instance.

By doing it alphabetically, I know where to look for a comic when I want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning63 View Post
    How do you guys organise your shelves? I had mine by publisher then as a rough chronological order (e.g. Watchmen, Post Crisis books, New 52 then Rebirth and in the rough place where they occurred).
    Now I've just re ordered my shelf by Publisher then Character (alphabetical) then chronological which makes more sense but then leads to having spine uniformity like the New 52 all over the place.

I organize them based on what I'm interested in. Writers take precedence, then publishers, then titles.......In alphabetical order, but in chronological order when I get to titles (ie, I won't have Death of Captain America before Winter Soldier). Then, because writers take precedence for me, in the case of something like Morrison's X-Men omnibus, I'll have Whedon's X-Men omnibus after it, as they're somewhat connected. It's a convoluted library system that makes sense to me, but not to random people coming over and looking at my library.

Incredible Member

For Marvel and DC, by publisher then by character then by chronological order. Sometimes I group Omnibuses and Absolutes separate from OHCs/HCs/TPBs. For other books, usually by series/franchise if its not the same author throughout. Otherwise by author.

My favorite writers and their runs have a shelf. Favorite writers take priority over everything - sorted chronologically.

From there its:
    War comics shelf. Image/Dark Horse shelf. Vertigo shelf. Hellboy shelf. Valiant shelf.
    Then DC and Marvel have their own bookshelves from books that dont fit those categories - sorted chronologically.

All super heavy books like Omnis and DnD manuals on the bottom shelves. Manga runs on top of bookshelves using bookends.
    Last edited by Destro777; 09-03-2021 at 06:26 PM.
    Currently Reading:
    Milligan's Shade the Changing Man, Vertigo Hellblazer trades, Love and Rockets TPBs, Stray Bullets TPBs, Ellis' The Wildstorm

Amazing Member

I've gone through different shelving order. When I get bored I like to re-arrange.

Right now I go by publisher, trim size, and then alphabetical (chronologically). And I like starting from the right and making my way left.

As for shelves I am a fan of the Kallax, however, when I ran out of space I got the desire to build my next bookcase because I wanted solid wood and something unique and designed to fit what I had. I made shelves specifically for my absolutes and library edition books as well as a centerpiece for my Calvin & Hobbes collection.

I also wanted the top shelves to match the bottom section. So the first shelf matches the bottom; the second shelf matches the second from bottom, and so forth

FFF6F049-4128-4D29-81C3-83F1B9C6B875.jpg

Astonishing Member

I have my shelves organized in regards of collected editions with European comics first,that start from my favorite characters and the books in chronological order,then i have it organized with DC Books (In the same way that the European Collected Editions books are).
    My Marvel Books are a tad different because i have my Omnibuses books starting with my favorite character in chronological order after that starts with all the other books that i have organized by the order of my favorite characters in chronological order and my shelves of Collected editions have lastly the books of Marvel Events that i have in chronological order.
    Last edited by comicscollector; 09-04-2021 at 06:18 AM.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I was thinking of getting the Ikea Hemnes shelf for my collection. Are they any good? I know many love Kallax but I don't have the room to put multiple in my room.

Spectacular Member

I use the half width Billy bookcases for a lot of my collection. They're better than the standard sized Billy as they don't sag in the middle with heavier books. They also take up less space than a Kallax.

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/billy-b...rown-90263836/