Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    Moving this to the Shelf advice thread in 3...2...1
    Dang it. That makes too much sense...

I recently bought a large Kallax shelving unit from IKEA. I do like it but it has some wobble to it and I was kinda surprised how much of a pain in the ass it was to assemble even with my wife helping. I will probably buy one of the smaller Kallax shelves once this one is full (I still have two cubbies worth of space open for TPBs and OHCs.
    Last edited by Dorktron; 08-15-2014 at 07:49 AM.
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)

Anyone has any ideas for shelving floppies in some sort of book boxes?
    I don't have a lot of floppies (~200), I am mostly collecting hardcovers/absolutes/omnibus etc.
    So if I could get some type of book box with like 10+ comics in each, it be great... Preferably a see through which allows me to put a print in or around it.
    That way I would be able to shelve them in a nice way among the rest of my hardcovers.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wollodrin View Post
    Anyone has any ideas for shelving floppies in some sort of book boxes?
    I don't have a lot of floppies (~200), I am mostly collecting hardcovers/absolutes/omnibus etc.
    So if I could get some type of book box with like 10+ comics in each, it be great... Preferably a see through which allows me to put a print in or around it.
    That way I would be able to shelve them in a nice way among the rest of my hardcovers.

41YGlEPC2DL.jpg

These probably look like they exactly what your after http://www.bcwsupplies.com/comic-boo...folio-1-5-inch

That is perfect, thanks drd.

edit:
    Now I just need to find a good place to shop them at that ships to Europe and doesn't ask a arm and a leg for it.
    Bcw store asks 250$ for shipping 10 of them and amazon doesn't ship these to the Netherlands.

edit2:
    Found/bought a bunch of them from a German ebay seller.
    Last edited by Wollodrin; 09-29-2014 at 04:41 AM.

Does anyone here put prints into anything before framing? Im looking for mylar bags that can go into frames but am having no luck finding them.
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor

Incredible Member

What types of boxes that can have lids on them and are stack-able are good for temporary storage of HCs and TPBs when you can't have them shelved?

I think I'd prefer to keep the books upright rather than stack them on top of each other in "regular" boxes.

Do standard comic long/short boxes work well enough? Do those fit the standard Marvel/DC oversized hardcover books?

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    What types of boxes that can have lids on them and are stack-able are good for temporary storage of HCs and TPBs when you can't have them shelved?

I think I'd prefer to keep the books upright rather than stack them on top of each other in "regular" boxes.

Do standard comic long/short boxes work well enough? Do those fit the standard Marvel/DC oversized hardcover books?
    I switched all my short boxes to drawer boxes. Not the bcw ones the actual company called drawer boxes I think. They can't hold Absolutes but omnibi and OHC all fit inside and can close.
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor

Also to answer your question no regular boxes can't fit omnibi.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Legion564 View Post
    I switched all my short boxes to drawer boxes. Not the bcw ones the actual company called drawer boxes I think. They can't hold Absolutes but omnibi and OHC all fit inside and can close.
    Do you have a link to them by any chance?

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    Do you have a link to them by any chance?
    I believe this is the site.

From what I read you can buy imitations, but they aren't as sturdy.

A few threads of discussion.

Link 1
    Link 2

Spectacular Member

Ok, just a small question for people, I've been shelving my book in Alphabetical Order, but I'm running into a dilemma, I recently bought the Golden Age Marvel Comics Omnibus, and I'm trying to decide if I should consider the Golden Age as part of the title for shelving purposes or skip it and just Shelve it under Marvel Comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Rock View Post
    Ok, just a small question for people, I've been shelving my book in Alphabetical Order, but I'm running into a dilemma, I recently bought the Golden Age Marvel Comics Omnibus, and I'm trying to decide if I should consider the Golden Age as part of the title for shelving purposes or skip it and just Shelve it under Marvel Comics.
    Well, the series therein collected is 'Marvel Comics' - the first issue was, anyway, since from issue 2 on it was called 'Marvel Mystery Comics'.

I guess you'd probably shelve the 'Golden Age Captain America' Omnibus before the Lee-Kirby Cap Vol. 1, so there you have it.

BANNED

I use expandable Globe Wernicke antique barrister bookcases, a five stack and a three stack. I love them The shelves don't get dusty.

Something like this.

So I'm relatively new to storage and shelving of comics and HCs and TPBs, but exploring this thread gives me a lot of cool options. I'm really digging the folio boxes that drd posted!

Right now, I have a Kallax (or maybe an Expedit from before they were discontinued) as a sideboard in my living room (2x4, lying horizontally), and four of the cubes are mine. One contains my favourite HCs and TPBs, and another contains newest floppies. I use three magazine holders to hold them for a period of about 6 months. Then I like to re-read them and store them longer term (right now in long boxes, but like I said I'm digging those folio boxes and might check those out instead.)

Cardboard magazine holders comfortably fit about 30-35 floppies with bags/boards. Three of these holders fit nicely into a cube on a Kallax. One contains X-Men books, one contains Avengers books (and events), and the third is Cosmic books. I have another in my bedroom that stores books I want to re-read in the immediate future before storage, and two more that contain Uncanny Avengers and Thor: God of Thunder. If an entire run is around 25-35 books (or a multiplie thereof), they store really well in these holders.

Here's one example of what I'm talking about. http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30214429/

I also have three tall Billy bookcases, though they're mostly for prose novels (my wife has a massive collection, and I have a respectable one), and two short Billys as well (which contain my almost-complete Star Wars novel and comic collection, as well as most of my Essentials and other TPBs.