Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    34,425

    Default Appreciating fair play. Michael Holt/Mr. Terrific 2024 Thread






    First appearance: Spectre (vol. 3) #54


    Created by: John Ostrander and Tom Mandrake

  2. #2
    Spectacular Member PrydefulHunts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2023
    Location
    JSA Brownstone
    Posts
    133

    Default

    Didnít know Mister Terrific was created by Ostander until today. I was first introduced to the character in JSA by Johns.

  3. #3
    insulin4all CaptCleghorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    11,079

    Default

    The play this character gets has added more to his namesake than any of the original's adventures.
    Iíll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

  4. #4
    Extraordinary Member Nomads1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro/Brazil
    Posts
    5,599

    Default

    IMHO, one of the best legacy characters ever created.

    Peace

  5. #5

  6. #6
    Ultimate Member Robotman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    12,453

    Default

    Mr. Terrific is such a great character with one of the coolest costumes around.

    I love the idea of Michael Holt as the premiere super science adventurer of the DCU. A modern day Doc Savage mixed with Reed Richards.

    I hope they do away with the “world’s third smartest man” thing. Just say he’s one of the smartest people on the planet. There’s no way to quantify intelligence in that way.

  7. #7
    insulin4all CaptCleghorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    11,079

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Mr. Terrific is such a great character with one of the coolest costumes around.

    I love the idea of Michael Holt as the premiere super science adventurer of the DCU. A modern day Doc Savage mixed with Reed Richards.

    I hope they do away with the “world’s third smartest man” thing. Just say he’s one of the smartest people on the planet. There’s no way to quantify intelligence in that way.
    There is no way to properly quantify it. The same argument is made regarding Moon Girl and Valeria Richards on the Marvel boards. But "third smartest" is a brilliant claim as most of the reaction isn't denying your claim but trying to figure out who the other two are.
    Iíll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

  8. #8
    Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Zamunda
    Posts
    4,995

    Default

    I miss Michael and Sasha. Did he have any love interests after her? In Terrifics maybe?

  9. #9
    Ultimate Member Riv86672's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    12,480

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Mr. Terrific is such a great character with one of the coolest costumes around.
    ^^^Love his costume.

    And, it looks well, terrific in live action. It really pops.




    The CW didn’t do the character Justice but they were really comics accurate on his look. The few glimpses we’ve gotten of the outfit for the upcoming Superman movie don’t seem to have tried to fix what ain’t broke.

  10. #10
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2022
    Posts
    59

    Default

    I pity the fool who messes with Mr. T.

    Great character, honestly should see more use in the DCU.

  11. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    34,425

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by PUGSSSS001 View Post
    I pity the fool who messes with Mr. T.
    How often do you think he's heard that joke in-universe?

  12. #12
    Ultimate Member Robotman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    12,453

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^Love his costume.

    And, it looks well, terrific in live action. It really pops.




    The CW didn’t do the character Justice but they were really comics accurate on his look. The few glimpses we’ve gotten of the outfit for the upcoming Superman movie don’t seem to have tried to fix what ain’t broke.
    They probably won’t do it but I would love to Gunn’s version of Terrific have the all white eyes like in the comics. The ‘T’ on his face is supposed to be a nano tech mask that helps to connect him to his spheres. Without that detail it just seems like a guy that paints a T on his face for no reason.

  13. #13
    Extraordinary Member Thirteen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    5,829

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    They probably won’t do it but I would love to Gunn’s version of Terrific have the all white eyes like in the comics. The ‘T’ on his face is supposed to be a nano tech mask that helps to connect him to his spheres. Without that detail it just seems like a guy that paints a T on his face for no reason.
    It would be great to see the nanotech acknowledged in an adapted version, if only like the deploying of helmets/masks in the MCU - Iron man, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, or to be more DCU adjacent Hawkman...


    Just became aware of this group...how fared the TERRIFICS? Is the title a good read? Gives me TOM STRONG vibes...

    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

  14. #14
    Ultimate Member Robotman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    12,453

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    It would be great to see the nanotech acknowledged in an adapted version, if only like the deploying of helmets/masks in the MCU - Iron man, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, or to be more DCU adjacent Hawkman...


    Just became aware of this group...how fared the TERRIFICS? Is the title a good read? Gives me TOM STRONG vibes...

    The book was great! I definitely recommend it.

    Funny you should mention Tom Strong. I won’t go into details. But you should check it out. I’m sure the tpb will get new printings with Mr. Terrific and Metamorpho about to make their big screen debuts in Gunn’s Superman.

  15. #15
    Ultimate Member Riv86672's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    12,480

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Just became aware of this group...how fared the TERRIFICS? Is the title a good read? Gives me TOM STRONG vibes...
    ^^^An absolute gem of a book.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •