Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Default Spider-Boy # 9 preview

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Could it be the memory of Peter's alternate life?

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    Oh good point last time it was brought up was during Superior
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Peter's making dark deals with Madame Web now? When will it end?
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Could be mephysto

Yeah, we don't see who that is. And I would've thought Julia would want to do this without required some deal to be made. I don't think it's Madame Web.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Could be mephysto
    To undo OMD?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Could be Madam Web - the red coat is giving it away.

This is why I don't bother getting invested in books like Spider-boy and Superior Spider-Man, because what is the point if they keep using the same gimmik (seriously - nearly every spider person made a deal with the devil or someone else mystically powerful, sacrificing something to save a person/people) or use interesting concepts, like Otto remembering Peter is Spider-Man and he was Superior when he took over his body or when Peter was stabbed with a dagger and live an alternate life in the adjectiveless title, only to get rid of them in the end?

Slott's having fun with this .

Bendis will be pleased. I noticed a 1610 Jessica Drew cameo.

I also noticed Spiderling appeared twice. Her younger version with Renew Your Vows Spider-Man and Spinneret, and her teenage version on her own a few pages later. Is this effectively retconning RYV as being two separate universes instead of having timeskipped? It would certainly solve the issue of the X-Men apparently not changing in that time.

I liked the ending of the issue. Bailey finds himself in front of Jonah in the 1960s cartoon world... and says, "oh boy", just like Sam did at the end of every classic Quantum Leap episode (except the last, due to the scene getting cut and replaced with the "never made it home" caption when the show was cancelled).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Bendis will be pleased. I noticed a 1610 Jessica Drew cameo.

I also noticed Spiderling appeared twice. Her younger version with Renew Your Vows Spider-Man and Spinneret, and her teenage version on her own a few pages later. Is this effectively retconning RYV as being two separate universes instead of having timeskipped? It would certainly solve the issue of the X-Men apparently not changing in that time.
    I think the younger Annie is the one who cameo'd in ATSV with her mother.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, we don't see who that is. And I would've thought Julia would want to do this without required some deal to be made. I don't think it's Madame Web.
    Dan Slott is reading this thread and laughing right now.

Im sad that nobody have pointed out the nod to the original Spider verse event from the TAS animated series.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ryu77 View Post
    Im sad that nobody have pointed out the nod to the original Spider verse event from the TAS animated series.
    Same. I will never stop extolling Spider Wars for laying the groundwork for Spider-Verse, though I think the animated films have come closest to recapturing the spirit of Spider Wars, in the sense of using the multiverse as a device to explore and expand the character of Spider-Man, as well as what Spider-Man represents as an idea(l) and what it means to be Spider-Man in the first place.
    The spider is always on the hunt.