Post GI Joe (2009) #8 [IDW]

Issue Description (source: atomicempire.com):

"No one holds the Baroness against her will… not even Destro. Scarlett remains on trial and the evidence is mounting. Mainframe and Snake Eyes on a roadtrip? The Joes invade the relocated Castle Destro only to find someone-or something-deadly at home. Jam-packed and action-wracked as this hard-charging series roars to new heights."

This issue presents a new and interesting face for the Baroness (the diabolical female consultant of the anti-America terrorist organization Cobra) which was also alluded to in the animated series (Toei Animation) episode "The Gamemaster" (1985) in which a twisted rogue tycoon kidnaps the GI Joes Flint and Lady Jaye and the Cobra agents Baroness and Cobra Commander and puts them all in a death labyrinth, forcing the Joes to form an alliance with the Cobra agents and bringing out the double-sided qualities of the complicated Baroness.

The Baroness really represents society meditation on gender hostilities.

This issue is a real gem for fans of jurisprudence chatter.

Attachment 9513

Attachment 9514

Time to liver forever! Energist's Avatar

I really miss the consistency that IDW's G.I. Joe line had when it first started, with Dixon and Costa each doing their own thing well, but at the same time tying it all together in vague, behind-the-scenes sort of ways. The constant relaunches have killed a lot of the momentum this line had at its outset, in my opinion.

I'm still looking forward to Karen Traviss's upcoming run, but the IDW Joe 'Verse doesn't feel nearly as cohesive as it once did.

As for this issue, I dug it up and really don't remember it very well. I'm planning on rereading a lot of the back-issues, however, in preparation for the (latest) relaunch this month, so maybe I'll get back to this thread in more detail later. I do vividly remember that episode of the animated series you mentioned, though, as well as the one where the Baroness takes control of Cobra using a male-mind-controlling conch shell. Good times.
    "Forgiving the unrepentant is like drawing pictures on water." - Japanese Proverb

Lightbulb Gender Clover

I think any extra-focused attention on the Baroness by storyboard writers improves our opinion of general gender dementia.

Baroness (G.I. Joe)

Baroness[1].jpg