Super Moderator

Default The Hunter Becomes the Hunted in Bunn's "Magneto"

Under Cullen Bunn's watch, Magneto is hunting the enemies of mutantkind, making the Master of Magnetism a wanted man once again.

Full article here.

I'm not disappointed that Magneto's new Acolytes aren't going to be "super heroes" so much as I am that it seems they're not going to be established characters. There have to be a few dozen disgruntled or depowered mutants out there who'd be willing to throw in with the guy given the events of M-Day and AvX. I get that it's Magneto's spotlight and I'm enjoying the book so far, but I'd rather even minor existing characters get the chance at more development than meet an entirely new cast who will probably vanish once this series wraps anyway (a la Annabelle Riggs).

I can't wait to see issue #3 and Magneto thinking about the Genoshan genocide something forgotten about of late and something we really haven't seen much of Magneto's POV about. Bunn has said he will deal with Magneto's relations to his kids in time, I am looking forward to that as well.

Yeah I wish some established characters were going to be brought forth as the new Acolytes. But Bunn has been doing a great job so I'll be patient.

Amazing Member

Really enjoying this title. Bunn's take on Magneto is brilliant and I love the gritty tone of the current arc. I'm interested to see how the Acolytes are developed as well as how the SHIELD agents' characters are expanded.

Not enough words can describe how excited I am for this book. You root for Magneto but you also know it is not going to end well, especially when teams like the Avengers will have no other choice but to get involved. The body count keeps on getting higher and higher.

I must admit, I am a little surprised Magneto's Acolytes are not going to be "super heroes" (implying humans potentially?), and I wonder what the comment about super-powered characters joining "just not in the way you imagine" pertains to. Also, I am intrigued exactly how this new "Briar" character is connected to Magneto's past.

I've enjoyed the first two issues so far, so I'm looking forward to it regardless.

What is the point of this book if it's not going to feature Astra?

Hot. <3

BANNED

I thought she was dead?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    I thought she was dead?
    Nope, in her last appearance they just let her straight up vanish with no incident right before Magento kills all of the flatscans. At least that was the last I saw of her in "Not a Hero".
    This title has a ton of potential and is growing on me (much like I expect Cylcops to have). The art turned me off a little in the beginning but he seems to be getting a grasp on the blend between his style and "hero" art as well. Glad to see people responding to the title well.