Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    She was still an ex-titan during the 1999 Titans run.
    So was Jason.

Bette could easily be in the age range I posited and still have a history as a Titan in her backstory. And in any case, like I said this was my own head canon and not really based on any particular continuity.

If it helps put things in perspective, I figure the OG Titans ages run something like this:

Wally and Roy are 26-28, same as Nightwing. I like to pretend that Roy and Dick share a birthday.

Donna is a year older than Dick, at 27-28.

Starfire is a year younger at 25-27.

Cyborg is a couple years older than Dick, at 28-30.

Garth is a couple years younger than Dick at 24-26.

Raven and Beast Boy are in Jason's age range of 21-23; noticeably younger than the other NTT but still relatively close in age.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    So was Jason.
    Jason was a (reserve) member of the New Teen Titans, Bette was member of the Teen Titans West which was a little earlier, if she was Jasons age she would have been 10 or 11 at that time, while she was according to her official post crisis Who is Who entry 18 at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Raven and Beast Boy are in Jason's age range of 21-23; noticeably younger than the other NTT but still relatively close in age.
    Raven was originally maybe a year younger than Dick, and Beast Boy was while much younger than the other Titans was still roughly 3 years older than Jason. The member of the new Teen Titans who was closest in age to Jason was Danny Chase.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Jason was a (reserve) member of the New Teen Titans, Bette was member of the Teen Titans West which was a little earlier, if she was Jasons age she would have been 10 or 11 at that time, while she was according to her official post crisis Who is Who entry 18 at that time.

Raven was originally maybe a year younger than Dick, and Beast Boy was while much younger than the other Titans was still roughly 3 years older than Jason. The member of the new Teen Titans who was closest in age to Jason was Danny Chase.
    I say Bette is five-ish years younger than Dick, and that's the correct answer because that's my personal head canon.

As far as how old she is in the canon? There is no correct answer to that right now. Continuity looks like a natural disaster these days. But I'm sure you're right; in whatever passes for continuity (and probably in the wider, omni-continuity metrics), Bette is older than I'm saying she is.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

With Bett, Morrison gave her "classic history" back. And it was further lightly shown/cameo in Batman, INC, which is new 52.

Regardless, they are close in age, maybe a year or so. And their names' symmetry and origin speak to their history as well as similar age/circumstance - they probably knew each other ala the Batwoman annual /back story from a few years ago that had a flashback with Bette at Wayne Manor.