Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Interesting, but that contradicts that in both continuities it is said that the kidnapping on her 12th Birthday happened 20 years ago. I have to think how I include this.

Btw. since I don't have any idea about American military academies, how long would she have been at Westpoint to reach the Ring Weekend?

It's an interesting puzzle (one that I'm prepared to put way too much thought into). I'll try.

I looked at the relevant issues again. In the "Go" arc from 'Tec, I think each of the "years ago" bits are supposed to indicate the earliest point shown in the given issue. In #858, the sisters are shown playing soccer, so it's summer, then they move to Belgium when it's winter, and then their 12th birthday is shown, which seems to be in the spring or summer. So that's around an extra year.

In the US, a late spring or summer birthday usually means you graduate high school at 18, and then have your 19th birthday around that time (my birthday's in the summer, and that's what happened to me). So she starts at West Point at 19.

Ring Weekend happens near the beginning of senior year, so she'd have been there 7 semesters. For example, if she started there in August 2000, she'd have been expelled in August 2003. 22 years old when expelled.

Let's say she was pretty stable for a while, but on her 23rd birthday decided to change things; new beginnings and all that.

She enrolls in some classes at Gotham U, meets Renee, goes into a spiral. When Renee dumps her, it's not winter, and Renee indicates she has classes, so it's fall. Kate mentions she dropped out at the "end of last semester", so she's 24 by now.

She meets Batman soon after, and let's say she spent a few months working up to becoming a vigilante and begins sometime early the next year.

Six months of intel and about six months on operations by the time her dad finds out, so she's 25 now. Again, let's say she starts her training on January 1 the following year.

The New 52 adds an extra year to her training, but again it may just be a mistake. Whatever, let's say 28 at the very end of her training.

It seems summer-y by the time she returns to Gotham, so let's say she's 29 by then.

Gets stabbed 48 weeks after starting as Batwoman, or about 11 months, then back at home again about a month later, so 30 by now.

Elegy takes place about a year and a half after the stabbing, and it doesn't look very wintery in Gotham, so it could be in October. 31 now.

The New 52 series starts in winter. So she's not quite 32 yet, but since there's an extra year depicted before the move to Belgium, the timeline could still work. At least, I don't see any glaring problems or anything that a bit of fudging here and there couldn't fix. There's some assumptions in there to be sure but nothing that's unreasonable, I don't think.

That was actually kind of fun!
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    The New 52 series starts in winter. So she's not quite 32 yet, but since there's an extra year depicted before the move to Belgium, the timeline could still work. At least, I don't see any glaring problems or anything that a bit of fudging here and there couldn't fix. There's some assumptions in there to be sure but nothing that's unreasonable, I don't think.
    It still doesn't really fit with her being still in Westpoint during Zero Year.

But my goal is anyway not to explain the contradictions, I'm just trying to find out how old the characters were supposed to be according to their writers, and to find the contradictions.
    Last edited by Aahz; 05-23-2016 at 12:41 AM.

It still doesn't really fit with her being still in Westpoint during Zero Year.

But my goal is anyway not to explain the contradictions, I'm just trying to find out how old the characters were supposed to be according to their writers, and to find the contradictions.
    LOL. I knew I'd missed something.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Bruce IS 35
    Dick,Babs,Luke 23
    Catwoman Harley, ivy, were fighting Dick at age 15 so they are 25-30
    Tim 18
    Damian 13
    Jason 22
    I'm still of the opinion that Jason beeing almost Dicks age, and beeing 4 years older than Tim doesn't make much sense. Neither based on the timeline nor on the current family dynamic were Jason and Tim are supposed the middle children.

James Tynion says that Cass is 14.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zainu View Post
    James Tynion says that Cass is 14.
    Where did he say that?

Where did he say that?
    I remember reading something like that. Of course that was when she first crossed Batman and Robin (Dick) in the New 52. So she should be about 18-19 now I'd imagine.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKid View Post
    I remember reading something like that. Of course that was when she first crossed Batman and Robin (Dick) in the New 52. So she should be about 18-19 now I'd imagine.
    in B&RE it was said that she was 10-12 at this time which would make her 15-17 now.
    If she would make her 14 post rebirth she would only be one year older than Damian ...

Extraordinary Member

So here is the updated Batwoman Text.
    Kate Kane
    Kate was kidnapped 20 years ago on 12th Birthday together with her mother and her twin sister [1], So she was 32 at the end of the pre flashpoint continuity. She had to leave West Point shortly after the “Ring Weekend” which is early in the 4th year [2], so she was probably 20 or 21 at the that time. It was stated that she trained for 2 years to become Batwoman [3], so she was probably 30 when she started to train.
    In the new 52 the kidnapping at her 12th Birhday 20 years ago stayed canon [4,5], which would make her again 32 and roughly Bruce age in that continuity. This is contradicted by the fact that she was still at West Point during the Zero Year (six years ago) [6] which would make her at best 27.
    Sources: [1] Detective Comics #858, [2] Detective Comics #859, [3] Batwoman Vol 1 #0, [4] Batwoman Vol 2 #1, [5] Secret Origins Vol 3 #3, [6] Batwoman Vol 2 #25

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Dick,Babs,Luke 23
    A few Batgirl issues ago, they spoke of the events from the first Burnside arc as being a few months ago. During that time Brenden Fletcher pointed out Barbara is 21. I haven't heard any other official info after that.

Extraordinary Member

Just to sum up my long text the most current ages from the already published comics are:

Jim Gordon: 46
    Bruce Wayne: 32
    Kate Kane: 32? (contradiction see my last post)
    Selina Kyle: 23 (not completely confirmed)
    Luke Fox: 23
    Dick Grayson: 21
    Barbara Gordon: 21
    Jason Todd: probably 19 or 20 (it was never a definitive age given)
    Stephanie Brown: 17
    Cassandra Cain: 15-17 (it was never a definitive age given)
    Tim Drake: 16
    Haper Row: 16
    Duke Thomas: 16
    Damian Wayne: 10 (or 11)

Just to sum up my long text the most current ages from the already published comics are:

Jim Gordon: 46
    Bruce Wayne: 32
    Kate Kane: 32? (contradiction see my last post)
    Selina Kyle: 23 (not completely confirmed)
    Luke Fox: 23
    Dick Grayson: 21
    Barbara Gordon: 21
    Jason Todd: probably 19 or 20 (it was never a definitive age given)
    Stephanie Brown: 17
    Cassandra Cain: 15-17 (it was never a definitive age given)
    Tim Drake: 16
    Haper Row: 16
    Duke Thomas: 16
    Damian Wayne: 10 (or 11)
    As has been stated previously, Tynion has Tim at 17 in the upcoming Detective series. Damian will be 13 as of Wednesday. So I imagine this all shifts around a bit and never actually makes sense, because Bruce is unlikely to significantly age, but some of the others may grow older or younger, depending on the authors needs.
    Last edited by Kurtzberg; 05-23-2016 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurtzberg View Post
    As has been stated previously, Tynion has Tim at 17 in the upcoming Detective series. Damian will be 13 as of Wednesday. So I imagine this all shifts around a bit and never actually makes sense, because Bruce is unlikely to significantly age, but some of the others may grow older or younger, depending on the authors needs.
    'authors needs' That actually made me chuckle

BANNED

Jim Gordon is 46 . . . . . ? He's a total grand-dad.

Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKid View Post
    'authors needs' That actually made me chuckle
    wishes is probably a better term