Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cheetah View Post
    Well, in the X-Men's defense the world kind of made helping them a bit difficult by sending mutant-seeking death machines after them on a daily basis.
    Really? The whole world did that, now? The entirety of the human race got together, pooled their resources, and launched officially sanctioned assaults on the mutant race?

No. Those actions were the work of relatively small groups of small-minded bigots, no different from the KKK or the Neo Nazis. These attacks were condemned by the US government and other heroes.

Blaming all of humanity for the actions of a few is utterly ridiculous. The X-Men drew a battle line that didn't have to exist, and they completely alienated themselves from a bunch of people who may have been perfectly willing to help them and work with them.

Ans Scott never forced any of the kids to fight and in fact let the ones that didn't want to leave of their own accord.
    And Storm stayed right with him and helped him turn those kids into killers.

Storm is repairing the X-Men's image she's just starting out small right now. I think Diana can understand that. After all her situation likely won't be as easy as telling the Amazons to stop what they've been doing for over three millenia.
    No, Diana will have to actually CHANGE her sister's by showing them that they have been wrong to do what they've been doing. She has put a stop to the raids, and she's going to change her sister's hearts into recognizing that they did wrong and show them a better way.

Storm? She's just doing her own little thing, while completely ignoring the crimes being committed by her own people. Hell, she's still HELPING her people commit those crimes. Or, at least, she's continuing to do nothing to curb the crimes.

Diana is working to reform her people. Storm isn't. It's as simple as that.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Really? The whole world did that, now? The entirety of the human race got together, pooled their resources, and launched officially sanctioned assaults on the mutant race?

No. Those actions were the work of relatively small groups of small-minded bigots, no different from the KKK or the Neo Nazis. These attacks were condemned by the US government and other heroes.

Blaming all of humanity for the actions of a few is utterly ridiculous. The X-Men drew a battle line that didn't have to exist, and they completely alienated themselves from a bunch of people who may have been perfectly willing to help them and work with them.

And Storm stayed right with him and helped him turn those kids into killers.

No, Diana will have to actually CHANGE her sister's by showing them that they have been wrong to do what they've been doing. She has put a stop to the raids, and she's going to change her sister's hearts into recognizing that they did wrong and show them a better way.

Storm? She's just doing her own little thing, while completely ignoring the crimes being committed by her own people. Hell, she's still HELPING her people commit those crimes. Or, at least, she's continuing to do nothing to curb the crimes.

Diana is working to reform her people. Storm isn't. It's as simple as that.
    1) Some of those bigots were either elected officials or had the support of them. The X-Men never attacked unarmed civilians just people who were actively threats to them. And again they did not stop helping humans.

2) Wolverine is dying and Scott is now a fugitive after the events of AvX. Storm has taken over the school now and is trying to change the X-Men's image but she can't do that overnight.

Invincible Member

Storm was one of my favorite characters at one time. I think at one point in the mid-80's Claremont was writing her in a manner that was close to the "classic" idea of WW. Wherein she was physically tough yet still capable of great compassion and loyalty. I think she was like that even without powers.

Like others though, I feel she's been the victim of poor writing decisions in recent years. But I could probably say that about a dozen DC/Marvel characters that I grew up on.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Storm was one of my favorite characters at one time. I think at one point in the mid-80's Claremont was writing her in a manner that was close to the "classic" idea of WW. Wherein she was physically tough yet still capable of great compassion and loyalty. I think she was like that even without powers.

Like others though, I feel she's been the victim of poor writing decisions in recent years. But I could probably say that about a dozen DC/Marvel characters that I grew up on.
    Hallelujah!
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by cheetah View Post
    1) Some of those bigots were either elected officials or had the support of them. The X-Men never attacked unarmed civilians just people who were actively threats to them. And again they did not stop helping humans.
    We're talking about current events. Not stories that are long in the past. And even if we include those? It's still not the entire human race. The X-Men still alienated themselves from a lot of people who would've worked with them and helped them, if the X-Men had only given them the chance.

The X-Men only helped humans when helping them also meant helping themselves. It was enlightened self-interest. Nothing more.

2) Wolverine is dying and Scott is now a fugitive after the events of AvX. Storm has taken over the school now and is trying to change the X-Men's image but she can't do that overnight.
    Wolverine will be back in a couple years at best. Cyclops will NEVER be brought to justice for AvX, nor will he pay for any of his crimes. He'll keep right on training mutant child soldiers and further tarnishing the X-Men's reputation, while Storm conveniently ignores everything he does.

Storm will not be headmistress for long, either. Way I've heard it, we already have a date when she'll pretty much be giving up the job.

And one person trying to do better doesn't improve the reputation of the entire group. She wants to improve the X-Men's image? Then she'd better disband X-Force, implement a FIRM no-kill rule among the X-Men (and actually enforce it), hold a press conference and announce to the world that the X-Men are completely changing their mission statement, and start reaching out to the various non-mutant people and groups who would love to work with her to repair human/mutant relations.

THAT'S changing a group's image. "Look at me! I'm being nice!" is not.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I love old school Storm like you wouldn't believe. Claremont's original run is all the X-Men at their best (excluding Hank, Bobby and Warren), and Storm especially has never quite been the same since he stopped writing. Despite the crappy mohawk, the powerless era was the best Storm has ever been.
    I pretty much agree. 'Cept I liked the mohawk back then

I used to love her. I used to love all the X-Men.

Then Marvel had her, and pretty much every other hero they had, completely abandon any semblance of heroic principles in favor of "gray area" crap, and I pretty much lost all interest.

My love for Storm, and pretty much all other Marvel characters, died a slow, agonizing death from the end of Civil War to the beginning of Dark Reign. Now, I can barely even remember a time where I actually loved these characters.

If Storm and Diana were to meet in this day and age, I doubt Diana would be very impressed by her. Diana would wonder why Storm has assisted the X-Men in becoming a virtual terrorist organization. She would wonder why Storm didn't stop Cyclops and Emma Frost from turning the X-Men into a mockery of the team they once were. She would wonder why Storm sat back and did nothing while the Phoenix Five pretty much tried to conquer the entire world. I could see Diana being Storm's ally, but I highly doubt they would be friends.

Classic, actually-fun-to-read Storm? Now SHE would have Diana's admiration and respect.

Oh, and nice, by the way. Coming onto a Wonder Woman fan forum and reminding all of us that Storm was a part of TWO of the biggest insults to Wonder Woman in comic book history.
    Weren't the outcome of the fights based on popularity?..it simply meant that Marvel was more popular at the time. Pretty much ALL of storm's fanbase (myself included) knows Diana would cave her head in before Storm even knew she was in the vicinity.

And about the "super toughness" ..its non-canon right?..i'm pretty sure PIS would be at it's finest..
    Last edited by Rosa Snarks; 09-11-2014 at 07:36 AM.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

Anyway i come baring gifs!

CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroexxx View Post
    Weren't the outcomes of the fights based on popularity?..it simply meant that Marvel was more popular at the time. Pretty much ALL of storm's fanbase (myself included) knows Diana would cave her head in before Storm even knew she was in the vicinity.

And about the "super toughness" ..its non-canon right?..i'm pretty sure PIS would be at it's finest..
    Yes. The fights were fan-voted.

The writers still could've made Diana look halfway decent in the way that she lost. Having Storm somehow tank a super-kick to the back of the head and then drop Wonder Woman with an attack to which Diana has shown considerable resistance in the past made Diana look like a total weakling. The most powerful and iconic female superhero of all time going down to a single shot from a character she outclasses in every way is just insulting.

And then, of course, the outcome of Storm's battle with Diana in the Amalgamverse was NOT fan-voted. And the writers still couldn't make Diana look halfway decent as she was, again, defeated by a woman she should be able to trounce. And then to add insult to insult, they then had Storm literally ROB the greatest superheroine of all time of her costume, her title, her legacy, and her relevance in the world. The greatest female icon in comics, reduced to a sidekick for a gun-toting joke of a character while her "sister" makes off with her entire identity.

PIS is Diana not using her super-speed to take Storm down in the blink of an eye. PIS is Diana suddenly forgetting that she can, and has, deflected lightning bolts many times in the past.

PIS doesn't make a character somehow forget that her body is tough enough to laugh at a cruise missile to the face. Nor does it give another character a power she's never had for no reason.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Yes. The fights were fan-voted.

The writers still could've made Diana look halfway decent in the way that she lost. Having Storm somehow tank a super-kick to the back of the head and then drop Wonder Woman with an attack to which Diana has shown considerable resistance in the past made Diana look like a total weakling. The most powerful and iconic female superhero of all time going down to a single shot from a character she outclasses in every way is just insulting.

And then, of course, the outcome of Storm's battle with Diana in the Amalgamverse was NOT fan-voted. And the writers still couldn't make Diana look halfway decent as she was, again, defeated by a woman she should be able to trounce. And then to add insult to insult, they then had Storm literally ROB the greatest superheroine of all time of her costume, her title, her legacy, and her relevance in the world. The greatest female icon in comics, reduced to a sidekick for a gun-toting joke of a character while her "sister" makes off with her entire identity.

PIS is Diana not using her super-speed to take Storm down in the blink of an eye. PIS is Diana suddenly forgetting that she can, and has, deflected lightning bolts many times in the past.

PIS doesn't make a character somehow forget that her body is tough enough to laugh at a cruise missile to the face. Nor does it give another character a power she's never had for no reason.
    Would it help if i said it was non-canon so it technically didn't happen?

You can't rule out PIS..DC and Marvel mutually agreed to have their two lead women battle..Yes diana should have deflected the lightning, yes that blow to the back of the head should have liquified Ororo's skull, but since it was fan voted, the sake of plot was storm's side.

OUtclassed..yes Diana outclasses storm in every way BUT since the votes were in storm's favor, Diana was nerfed.. but hey..it happens to storm A LOT more often..Storm got nailed by a bunch of tiny men riding ants and was reduced to a wreck who laid on the floor foaming at the mouth, Valkyrie led her over a city so she wouldn't stomp her into oblivion..this is the same woman who created a hurricane above a city in the presence of people and not a single piece of debris fell below. PIS is having storm suddenly "forget" that she manipulated solar winds, which she could have used to prevent the loss of her best friend..but guess what? Jean had to transition into phoenix mode so storm's powers were ignored., so you see..they've both had PIS moments
    Last edited by Rosa Snarks; 09-11-2014 at 08:09 AM.
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

Anyway! you WW fans are nice! :3 I'll pop in with some WW fan art every now and then since this is her forum
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

Why is there a Storm appreciation thread in the WONDER WOMAN boards? Shouldn't this be moved?

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Why is there a Storm appreciation thread in the WONDER WOMAN boards? Shouldn't this be moved?
    its not appreciation...its asking WW fans how they feel about the character..
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroexxx View Post
    its not appreciation...its asking WW fans how they feel about the character..
    Oh, OK.

Let's see: one character who has continuously anchored her own solo title for over 70+ years vs. another character who took 40 years to get her own solo title this year.

No contest. No comparison. Diana, all day, every day, over Ororo.

I think a lot of WW fans feel the same way. Especially after MARVEL VS DC and AMALGAM/ALL-ACCESS.