Default New Warriors #9 Discussion!

I didn't see a thread for this so I decided to make one. What did every one think?

kylesamac

Default Everything you could ever want in a comic is in this (WHY DID THIS HAVE TO GET CANCELED DAMMIT!!!!!)

Kaine and Justice bickering back and forth with Dialogue that writers dream they could write and you throw in a giant Houston Rockets...I mean Jets mascot and the react to this randomness by Justice and Kaine is perfect. This one is everything I love about Christopher Yost and why I wish he would get to work on something big like the Avengers

I loved this issue!

The interaction between Kaine and Justice was a lot of fun, and the fight with the giant teddy bear cracked me up. I also really enjoyed what the rest of the team did this issue. When in need of a cheer up, go to rave in Prague! Haha. Even though that was only few pages of the issue, it was great to see them let loose and have some fun! And man did Sam look tiny!

Another plus was seeing Wally again, and getting back some of that old banter between him and Kaine!

An all around fun and enjoyable issue!

Mighty Member

I agree, I really love this issue for all the reasons stated above.

Still flying

WAIT! This has been cancelled?!? When? What? Where? Why? **stands in corner rocking and crying**

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DjMichael691 View Post
    WAIT! This has been cancelled?!? When? What? Where? Why? **stands in corner rocking and crying**
    It has. Numbers aren't what they need to be to support it. It's easy to speculate (no big launch/fan-favourite characters not present/major event to hang off/references in other books, etc) but that's what it is.

All in all, a great, great issue. Was scratching my head over Choke/Clutch a bit at the start as I expected him to be some Hannibal-esque nutter, and not what he turned out to be.

Best part of this book was the attention to the relationship between Justice and Scarlet Spider. The dialogue was outstanding between the two, as has already been pointed out. In fact, Justice's role in this story just reinforced for me how he is the 'right' leader for this run of New Warriors, and perhaps becoming more like Captain America than he realizes. I like how the rave in Prague is the opposite of the seriousness of what's going on, and the revelation at the end from Aracely (not spoiling anything) just as Kaine and Justice reach an understanding.

Was nice to see Houston (and Wally) again, but its tinged with sadness because the supporting cast of Scarlet Spider were so much part of what made his solo title great.

I'll miss this book.

I agree that the interaction and dialogue between Justice and Scarlet Spider really made the issue work. Didn't care too much for the rave section and the art wasn't as polished as I would have liked. Still super sad that the series is coming to a close and wish that we could get the series a reprieve.
    My debut novel Awakening - Book One of The Children of the Solstice Series: http://amzn.to/2xAbyid

"If you like sci-fi and the "everyday" superhero, this book is for you."

The second book Collision is out now: https://amzn.to/2FzkH1W

"The Children of the Solstice are Back!"

Total Geek Live is group effort by 4 Geeks giving you all the latest in geek news: https://bit.ly/2YoYrir

Quote Originally Posted by DjMichael691 View Post
    The only way we can stop this is with a sales boost. I've been promoting it as much as possible and managed to convince a few people to give it a shot.