Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Abe Sapien: A Darkness so Great

Starting in December, a new five-issue arc of Abe Sapien:

Is that Langdon Caul... in the square second from right?

Yes, that's him! Intriguing indeed?

An upcoming cover...

Default Abe Sapien #18: A Darkness so Great (Part 1)

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post

I'm sorry, but that's it for me. I know I've said before I was not a fan of this series, but i was giving this long arc a try. There was no improvement on all the things that I dislike about the book.

I get others like it, and I am not saying people shouldn't enjoy it because I don't. Just not my cuppa tea. The first Mignolaverse boo I am dropping.

I don't want to sound like a jerk, but what is your idea about the way the story should go? Because I think you have an expectation in your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Markus View Post
    I don't want to sound like a jerk, but what is your idea about the way the story should go? Because I think you have an expectation in your mind.
    You're not a jerk. This book has not clicked for me from the beginning. The combination of slice-of-life in a depressingly gloomy apocalyptic world, along with Abe's constant angst just puts me off.

Just not the book for me, that's all.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    You're not a jerk. This book has not clicked for me from the beginning. The combination of slice-of-life in a depressingly gloomy apocalyptic world, along with Abe's constant angst just puts me off.

Just not the book for me, that's all.
    It is a bit of a drag at times but I really like where the plot is going. I think this is definitely a story that will read better when all is said and done.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    It is a bit of a drag at times but I really like where the plot is going. I think this is definitely a story that will read better when all is said and done.
    I'm inclined to agree. When I read it chapter by chapter, I can get frustrated, but it reads significantly better as a trade in one sitting, and even better reading the trades back to back.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    I'm inclined to agree. When I read it chapter by chapter, I can get frustrated, but it reads significantly better as a trade in one sitting, and even better reading the trades back to back.
    I just did the same thing recently and it is much more palatable in a large dose. I find a lot of stories that are more character focused, such as the Walking Dead, are the same way actually.