Default Is there a God of Chaos?

I know Darkseid is the God of Evil but really he's more like a controlled evil. I'm curious is there a being as powerful if not more so than him that represents a chaotic evil? I think it would be fun to have a character like that in the DC universe one that is clearly not good but would never side with Darkseid at all simply because they stand for the opposite things. As for the personality I'm thinking comedic and child like but very sadistic. Sort of like Majin Buu from Dragon Ball Z. I think it would be fun to see a villain that acts like a child but is truly psychotic and dangerous deceiving people(like the GLC, JL, and even Darkseid himself) into thinking he's innocent and playful when really he's not. Essentially a villain like this...

Keep an eye on Constantine. After all, the helmet of Dr Fate just popped up there - and Nabu is, traditionally, a Lord of Order. His traditional enemies are the Lords of Chaos.
    So, you might get what you want there. It's also possible that Dr Fate will be hanging around whatever comes of Earth 2 and it's people.

BANNED

Klarion the witch boy would probably fit as he's a creature of chaos but from time to time , he aids the good guys.
    Last edited by marshal99; 09-11-2014 at 05:03 AM.

Astonishing Member

Within the New Gods mythology Darkseid is absolute, tyrannical order and Orion is chaos.

Outside of that we've seen the Greek manifestations of Chaos and Night in WW stuff over the years.

Astonishing Member

I think Pak intended for Darkseid's daughter (can't remember her name) to be a Loki-ish New God.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Strife is/was a primary character in Wonder woman. Strife (Eris) is traditionally the goddes of chaos.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Orion fits the bill best, but it's important to remember that he's the embodiment of chaos as a force. There are Lords of Chaos, but they are servants of chaos rather than an actual manifestation of it. Strife, I'd say, falls into that category as well, at least as far as the DC cosmogony.

Destruction of the Endless also seems to embody an aspect of chaos, and defines its opposite through his existence.

BANNED

Ecllipso or Mr. Mxyzptlk, maybe?

There was Lord Chaos, the Donna Troy son in a possible future as a self proclaimed god of Chaos.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Kaiyo the Trickster as mentioned from Greg Pak's Batman/Superman certainly seems to be the New God of chaos considering her actions. So, she may qualify. Beyond that, it would probably be Eris/Strife of the Olympians. There are other tricksters out there like Constantine and so on but they aren't gods or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Deniz Camp View Post
    Within the New Gods mythology Darkseid is absolute, tyrannical order and Orion is chaos.

Outside of that we've seen the Greek manifestations of Chaos and Night in WW stuff over the years.
    Yeah but Orion is also a hero not a villain at least not from what I've seen in the cartoons and Smallville. I'm talking about a New God that literally could stand as a his equal and be a threat not only to Darkseid, all the New Gods but also to Superman. Perhaps the best way such a being could be introduced would be as the ultimate solution to the anti life equation? Perhaps if Darkseid achieved his goal with the anti life equation a consequence would be the unleashing of a being so powerful and terrifying that his actions however childish and perplexing were enough to completely render the equation a moot point. I think it would be interesting if Billion Dollar created such a safe guard in advanced.

Darkseid would be so pissed lol he'd probably be like "Damn it! I have the equation and I can't even use it to enslave all sentient life because the moment I do that thing will appear and destroy everything I have struggled to work for!"

By the way even if such a being wasn't connected to the equation how would Darkseid interact with such a being whose every bit as powerful as he is but has absolutely no maturity? Would he try to control it or would he be the guy screaming "Don't be a fool this creature is too powerful to be controlled for very long!"

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Castiel View Post
    Yeah but Orion is also a hero not a villain at least not from what I've seen in the cartoons and Smallville. I'm talking about a New God that literally could stand as a his equal and be a threat not only to Darkseid, all the New Gods but also to Superman. Perhaps the best way such a being could be introduced would be as the ultimate solution to the anti life equation? Perhaps if Darkseid achieved his goal with the anti life equation a consequence would be the unleashing of a being so powerful and terrifying that his actions however childish and perplexing were enough to completely render the equation a moot point. I think it would be interesting if Billion Dollar created such a safe guard in advanced.

Darkseid would be so pissed lol he'd probably be like "Damn it! I have the equation and I can't even use it to enslave all sentient life because the moment I do that thing will appear and destroy everything I have struggled to work for!"

By the way even if such a being wasn't connected to the equation how would Darkseid interact with such a being whose every bit as powerful as he is but has absolutely no maturity? Would he try to control it or would he be the guy screaming "Don't be a fool this creature is too powerful to be controlled for very long!"
    Even so, Anti-Life is another form of complete order, not chaos at all. Even Orion, when he possessed the Anti-Life Equation, was acting to order the universe, something that was contrary with his being. It corrupted him, leading to an existensial struggle on the Abyssmal Plane when he was defeated.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Orion is the rabid son of order destined to be the engine of chaos the universe needs. I'd wager Superman is the "god of chaos" though. Sent adrift from a doomed world, he upsets the establishment by championing the poor instead of the rich elite class.