Page 58 of 163 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108158 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Why do I think Kristen Stewart could pull off Pamela Isley?
    c2a6cabf9ac8057d8fa96bd0cf41fe33.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Old School Ollie 1962 View Post
    Too young no? I dont see her seducing Batfleck.

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    You have a point indeed. Perhaps Poison Ivy: Year One?

BANNED

You have a point indeed. Perhaps Poison Ivy: Year One?
    Possible,I could see her working if they went "The Batman" tv show route with her being a Babs adversary more so than a Batman one.

BANNED

Stewart isn't really expressive enough to play Ivy, or anyone else for that matter. My preferred casting is still Jessica Chastain, I'd like to see her in any kind of superhero flick really.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    Stewart isn't really expressive enough to play Ivy, or anyone else for that matter. My preferred casting is still Jessica Chastain, I'd like to see her in any kind of superhero flick really.

Yes! Jessica Chastain is my number one pick for Ivy…please no to Stewart….

Must be a woman who can truly dominate and command and make you feel small.

There's a hundred great actors who maybe look part and would probably sell tickets and inspire a wave of fun/sexy cosplay outfits, but if they're not on the level when it comes to inspiring genuine awe and fear and raw elemental beauty, then they'll just look like a pissed-off climate-alarmist that's picked herself out of a shrub.

Streep back in the day would've been amazing - if we're talking against Batfleck though then there's only one real contender https://www.facebook.com/groups/520769631409842/
    Last edited by nepenthes; 01-10-2016 at 04:46 AM.

BANNED

I'm vaguely certain the first Batfleck film will be with Jason and the Joker, so we won't really see any more Batrogues get casted for a while.

Would be nice to see Ivy -and Freeze- done justice after Batman & Robin, though. Plus, I think you have to use some of Bruce's heaviest hitters after he's already gone up against Superman.

Probably but too young when you put her against Affleck and Leto. Then again Robbie is pretty young too. I probably would've picked someone like Charlize Theron off the top off my head.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    Stewart isn't really expressive enough to play Ivy, or anyone else for that matter.
    She has made movies beyond Twilight, you know.

I think if they were to introduce Ivy in these films, it would probably be in the Suicide Squad franchise, instead of the main Batman franchise.

The question then is, do you cast an actress who is closer in age to Affleck/Leto or Robbie?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I think if they were to introduce Ivy in these films, it would probably be in the Suicide Squad franchise, instead of the main Batman franchise.

The question then is, do you cast an actress who is closer in age to Affleck/Leto or Robbie?
    Point. But then again, Suicide Squad should have plenty characters around you can kill off, because it's Suicide Squad, and they already have a fair few who'll definitely survive.

Hmmm. I really like Stewart (She was great in Clouds of Sils Maria!) but I am not sure if I can see her in a villainous role since she's way too likeable. Though I do think she would play off well with Robbie.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post

Yes please! I would kill to see Ivy/Harley on live action screen. I just wish Ivy had more of a role in the Suicide Squad from the comics. They took her off way too early. She would make a great member to interact with Harley, if they ever make a second Suicide Squad film.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

BANNED

Milla Jovovich is my top pick for Poison Ivy.

Here's the Poison Ivy stuff from DC's April 2016 Solicits:

POISON IVY: CYCLE OF LIFE AND DEATH #4

Written by AMY CHU
    Art and cover by CLAY MANN
    On sale APRIL 20 • 32 pg, FC, 4 of 6, $2.99 US • RATED T
    Catwoman and Poison Ivy—reunited! As the body count rises at the Gotham Botanical Gardens labs, Ivy needs Selina’s help to solve the puzzle...a mystery that seems to involve Ivy’s blossoming children!
    BATMAN: ARKHAM KNIGHT – HARLEY QUINN, THE JOKER AND POISON IVY ACTION FIGURES

Three of the Dark Knight's greatest foes are back in new action figures based on their appearances in the best-selling Arkham Knight videogame!
    Each comes with character-specific accessories.
    $28.00 US Each
    On sale AUGUST 2016 * Allocations May Occur
    EACH FIGURE SOLD SEPARATELY
    1. HARLEY QUINN – 6.63”
    2. THE JOKER – 6.88”
    3. POISON IVY – 6.88”
    BATMAN/TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES #5

Written by JAMES TYNION IV
    Art and cover by FREDDIE E. WILLIAMS II
    1:50 Variant cover by KEVIN EASTMAN
    On sale APRIL 13 • 32 pg, FC, 5 of 6, $3.99 US • RATED T
    Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.
    While Shredder enters an uneasy alliance with a deadly new partner, Casey Jones is arrested by the GCPD. At the same time, a crisis breaks out at Arkham Asylum, which is bound to keep both Batman and the Turtles busy. Meanwhile, a certain young resident of Wayne Manor returns home to find a new, green occupant in his room. Co-published with IDW.
    BATMAN and all related characters and elements are ™ and © DC Comics. © 2015 Viacom International Inc. All Rights Reserved. TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES, and all related titles, logos and characters are trademarks of Viacom International Inc. Based on characters created by Peter Laird and Kevin Eastman.

BANNED

This Ivy is beyond adorable.

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    Since when were 20-something women unable to seduce 30-something men?

Besides, Stewart can pass for early 30s.
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Promethea, X-Cutioner's Song