Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by K Nikk View Post
    She didn't know Bruce was batman until it turned out he was the only one not to succumb to the mind control. I think that making this all about convincing Batman is a disservice to Ivy. She is taking the reigns here to do what she thinks needs to be done, not teaching Batman a lesson (so that Batman can then do what needs to be done?). King put up a great image today of superman hovering over Wayne manor with the caption "house arrest". She is saying "you tried, now let me do the work". That's my take on it. can't wait for next week!
    It depends on what continuity King's stories take place in. Has Ivy been close to Selina in his continuity? If that's the case, then it would be pretty easy for Pam to put two and two together and deduce the secret of Selina's new beau, knowing what she knows about Selina's dalliances with the Bat. Ivy could have then set it all up for Bruce to play along to her plan.

And "teaching Batman a lesson" is Ivy taking the reigns and doing what she thinks needs to be done. If she cannot defeat the biggest obstacle standing between her and her goals, then might as well make him see her perspective. It would also be pretty groundbreaking if Poison Ivy ends up being the villain who proved to her arch nemesis that she was the one who was (more) in the right all along.

Anyway though, I don't think it is very likely that's how things will turn out. This story has multiple fascinating directions it could potentially go in. Even the least interesting possibility of Ivy simply mindcontrolling everyone so that they finally live in harmony with Nature could have some layers of complexity to it. So I'm curious. And that wonderful art makes it a win-win situation in any scenario.
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 02-26-2018 at 11:36 AM.