Page 95 of 163 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105145 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 2439

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    it was a bad idea making her a hero
    of the three she would be the least likly to ever be an anti hero becasue in her mind protecting plants is number 1
    superheroes defend people
    But a good majority of the cast in DC Super Hero Girls are traditionally villains, but are heroes in the series, so it's not like Ivy's alone on that front.

It's just one of the benefits (or flaws) of being one of DC's more notable female characters.

Harley seems to have been made a villain or "troublemaker" too going by her description in the press release as "teen fiend" and a thorn in Barbara's side. I'm guessing Ivy will appear as Harley's new "Gotham-Con bestie" once HQ has her fallout with Babs. So it appears the two Sirens who started out good in this franchise have been reverted to their more traditional status quo and have been replaced by Zatanna and Jessica Cruz on the heroes side.

Ivy made the cover and solicitation of Batgirl and the Birds of Prey #13 but it's possible she may appear in the title before that issue.

“SOURCE CODE” finale! Oracle’s past entanglements with Gotham City’s underworld have gotten the Birds in deep trouble as Calculator, Catwoman and Poison Ivy all pull the team into their own dark agendas! Even if they can get themselves out of this mess, the question remains: Does Oracle really belong with the Birds of Prey, or is he a criminal at heart?

BANNED

Ivy'a look is so inconsistent, it's ridiculous. This is the 4th or 5th costume I've seen her in since Rebirth started. Harley changes her look constantly but that's a character trait, why the hell does Ivy have a new costume every couple months?

The Sideshow Collectible Ivy figure designed by "Artgerm", a "high fashion" take on the Gotham City Sirens

And the next statue will be from the DC Artist Alley line. Here's the design by Sho Murase:

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Ivy'a look is so inconsistent, it's ridiculous. This is the 4th or 5th costume I've seen her in since Rebirth started. Harley changes her look constantly but that's a character trait, why the hell does Ivy have a new costume every couple months?
    To be fair, Ivy's "character trait" in terms of clothing would be no clothing at all But since we can't have that, it would make sense that she'd keep changing and tweaking her looks and attire, especially as most of her outfits are comprised of leaves, vines, flowers etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Harley seems to have been made a villain or "troublemaker" too going by her description in the press release as "teen fiend" and a thorn in Barbara's side. I'm guessing Ivy will appear as Harley's new "Gotham-Con bestie" once HQ has her fallout with Babs. So it appears the two Sirens who started out good in this franchise have been reverted to their more traditional status quo and have been replaced by Zatanna and Jessica Cruz on the heroes side.
    I'll be surprised if Ivy isn't in this. She's too prominent a character to leave out of a series that's going to be promoting DC women like the main DCSHG series, and she's also Harley's real best friend.

Though if she is in it, I expect she'll be closer to classic Ivy then her more shy and demure DCSHG counterpart, but probably retain the passion for science.

Ivy made the cover and solicitation of Batgirl and the Birds of Prey #13 but it's possible she may appear in the title before that issue.
    Weird that we have 2/3 of the Sirens with Harley nowhere in sight, but I guess a Ivy/Selina team-up might be fun.
    The Sideshow Collectible Ivy figure designed by "Artgerm", a "high fashion" take on the Gotham City Sirens
    This outfit reminds me a lot of Marvel's Mantis.
    And the next statue will be from the DC Artist Alley line. Here's the design by Sho Murase:

Looks pretty .
    To be fair, Ivy's "character trait" in terms of clothing would be no clothing at all But since we can't have that, it would make sense that she'd keep changing and tweaking her looks and attire, especially as most of her outfits are comprised of leaves, vines, flowers etc.
    I feel like Ivy's definitely the type of person who'd go through plenty of different costumes and outfits designs, when she actually wants to be clothed at all, but I can also understand wanting some consistency in her designs.

Though this line of discussion makes me wish someone would finally give Catwoman a redesign or new costume, especially if Harley and Ivy (and any other DC character) can go through so many different looks while Selina's been stuck using basically the same outfit, more-or-less, since 2001.

Although given the current design stem from Darwyn Cooke, I maybe understand a desire to just leave it as is as a tribute.

Spectacular Member

Poison Ivy has good anti-hero qualities. For one, she tries to protect Harley Quinn and keep her from going back to Joker's abusive hands. She also seems to be into "girl power" and female empowerment. Sure, she gets a little crazy over her plants, but she's also into protecting children, so she's not all bad. Plus, she's got some kick-butt superpowers--the ability to communicate with plants, immunity to most poisons, and the ability to make humanoid clones out of plants. She even clones herself before she leaves Gotham so that "Harley won't be lonely." Poison Ivy has shown the capacity to love other human beings and really isn't as bad as some portrayals of her lead us to believe.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcomics View Post
    Poison Ivy has good anti-hero qualities. For one, she tries to protect Harley Quinn and keep her from going back to Joker's abusive hands. She also seems to be into "girl power" and female empowerment. Sure, she gets a little crazy over her plants, but she's also into protecting children, so she's not all bad. Plus, she's got some kick-butt superpowers--the ability to communicate with plants, immunity to most poisons, and the ability to make humanoid clones out of plants. She even clones herself before she leaves Gotham so that "Harley won't be lonely." Poison Ivy has shown the capacity to love other human beings and really isn't as bad as some portrayals of her lead us to believe.

In present time, I believe Ivy has done as much as she posssibly could for Harley, so depending on the universe, we can have Iv and harley who are the adoring friends/W benifits or the former friends now opposed.
    I do prefere their friendship but it seems the more at one she becomes with the green the less value she sees in harley. Every female hero is into girl power

Calling her a little crazy over plants is the understatment of the year. The more powerful they make her the more Plant like she becomes, she seems too have a twited idea of whats best for the green

Even the Ivy who assisted Batman in Arkham Knight was about plant domination,

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    In present time, I believe Ivy has done as much as she posssibly could for Harley, so depending on the universe, we can have Iv and harley who are the adoring friends/W benifits or the former friends now opposed.
    I do prefere their friendship but it seems the more at one she becomes with the green the less value she sees in harley. Every female hero is into girl power

Calling her a little crazy over plants is the understatment of the year. The more powerful they make her the more Plant like she becomes, she seems too have a twited idea of whats best for the green

Even the Ivy who assisted Batman in Arkham Knight was about plant domination,
    Ivy's more complex than just "girl power". And the recent mini did a good job exploring her alienation from the rest of humanity. The newer interpretations also have her aim for mankind/nature co-existence over straight up green take-over. I personally find the character more interesting when she is smart enough to value human civilization but at the same time realize its excesses.

Otherwise she's just Ra's Al Ghul with boobs.

Otherwise she's just Ra's Al Ghul with boobs.
    And that's Talia's job (sometimes) .

Spectacular Member

Yeah, as a straight up plant lady who wants to dominate the world, she's pretty boring, but when they take the time to make her more complex, she's a good character.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And that's Talia's job (sometimes) .
    That's true. But with the Damian angle, she's also a bit like Nicole Kidman's character from The Golden Compass (I forget her name even though I have the book ).

For anyone interested, Cartoon Network's released "Garden of Evil," Ivy's Justice League Action appearance, on their website, App, and On-Demand.

I liked it a lot. Natasha Leggero injected a lot of personality into Ivy and they also showcased her as a pretty dangerous threat in her own right. Her character design in action also looks really nice .

And I think Confuzzled may enjoy the Ivy/Swamp Thing interaction .