Page 92 of 163 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 2439

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    LOL no, calling a creator out on their mistreatment of a co-worker is a long shot from inhibiting their creative freedom. I may have strong opinions about certain writers but at least I don't send them directly to those writers like far too many people do. They have the right to make whatever terrible stories they want
    Well, I remember you saying a certain creator/director recently hired on a DCEU flick was mentally unstable. And I don't see how creative differences are "mistreatments". If Rucka did not like Cho's work and if DC had given him approval rights then he was just doing his job, no matter what Cho claimed.

Getting back to topic, where are these people criticizing King's writing? Apparently King was the one who told them that Ivy was appearing in the book so they were waiting for it. Even the strongest "attack" is just a concern over a portrayal and the user apologized for it right away. I'm sure King doesn't mind all that much otherwise he would have blocked them. Many creators like Scott Snyder, Amy Chu, Tom King, Francis Manapul, Hope Larson, Tula Lotay and even Ivy's video game voice artist Tasia Valenza engage with Ivy fans frequently and encourage feedback so it doesn't seem like the toxic atmosphere you're making it out to be. Again, the whole thing was initiated by DC itself, crediting Ivy's social media fan following for making her mini happen.
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 04-13-2017 at 11:13 AM.

BANNED

I'm leery of these accusations of creator harassment in general. I mean, if you create something that people even remotely care about, then somewhere out there in the vast expanse of the Internet there is going to be someone who dislikes it sufficiently to say nasty things to you because of it. This isn't to say that this sort of behavior should be encouraged, but as far as most people are concerned, this is pretty much the ONLY type of interaction that ever goes on between creators and fans and that's not really accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    I'm leery of these accusations of creator harassment in general. I mean, if you create something that people even remotely care about, then somewhere out there in the vast expanse of the Internet there is going to be someone who dislikes it sufficiently to say nasty things to you because of it. This isn't to say that this sort of behavior should be encouraged, but as far as most people are concerned, this is pretty much the ONLY type of interaction that ever goes on between creators and fans and that's not really accurate.
    And in this instance, I believe many of the creators wanted the Ivy fandom to "stan" and generate hype for their stories featuring Poison Ivy on social media. So I'm sure if they were willing to use the staunch fandom to their advantage, they were also open to the possibility of receiving criticisms (as long as the complaints weren't personal or nasty in nature).

Injustice 2 Poison Ivy gameplay

LOVE the piranha plant baby cohort!

Also, the official Injustice 2 Twitter account had posted a clip with Ivy and Batman having snappy banter: https://twitter.com/InjusticeGame/st...54235442954240

Spectacular Member

I love it. Less than one month until the game is released.

And I can see why, especially given they used a Guillem March Ivy illustration to depict her outfit .

Selina better watch out, soon being the Feline Femme Fatale of Gotham won't mean as much anymore .

Feels kind of weird to see them list some heroes on there though. I mean, their costumes also leave little to the imagination and their very sexually forward women (except maybe Raven), but I wouldn't say it's in the vein of a Femme Fatale. Though I guess Raven's Trigon connection and her relationship with Wally and Dick in Wolfman and Perez's NTT can kinda fit her under that descriptor.

BANNED

Number one should've been Vampirella.

YouTube commentator Grace Randolph on Injustice 2's Poison Ivy gameplay and Ivy vs. the omnipresent and overshadowing Harley Quinn

Haha, I agree about "cabbage not being a sexy vegetable". That's why I wasn't too hot on that suit but didn't realise it until she pointed out cabbage bra. Hopefully the alternative skins for Ivy are much better looking.

I'm waiting for this lil darling to arrive by mail. I was joking with a friend last night that all the other women got some sort of historical bend to their bombshell character figures like a riveter or pilot etc and Poison Ivy got lingerie model.

71WDs+Nxl4L._SY550_.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    My problem isn't using social media to interact with creative teams tackling projects of personal interest. However - there's a certain air of petulance and entitlement that I can't support. I'm not going to name "names" or "groups" that seem to spend days on end stalking and calculating efforts to force their own narrative. Basically leaving no room for interpretation unless it measures up to their very stringent demands. It could be generational - it could be specifically Twitter. A platform not necessarily intended for long winded rants. Whenever I look up a Twitter post or follow an Ivy themed hashtag its usually the same couple of people bombarding the thread with responses. I personally find it irritating because it leaves no room for different points of view and immediately puts the writer and/or illustrator on the defense. Just a flood of inane questions asked over and over before the projects even begin. So...sure...speak your mind Ivy fans - but have some manners.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly Garden View Post
    I'm waiting for this lil darling to arrive by mail. I was joking with a friend last night that all the other women got some sort of historical bend to their bombshell character figures like a riveter or pilot etc and Poison Ivy got lingerie model.

71WDs+Nxl4L._SY550_.jpg
    Bombshell Ivy's a tribute to Bettie Page, the pin-up inspiration behind Silver Age Ivy's look.

My problem isn't using social media to interact with creative teams tackling projects of personal interest. However - there's a certain air of petulance and entitlement that I can't support. I'm not going to name "names" or "groups" that seem to spend days on end stalking and calculating efforts to force their own narrative. Basically leaving no room for interpretation unless it measures up to their very stringent demands. It could be generational - it could be specifically Twitter. A platform not necessarily intended for long winded rants. Whenever I look up a Twitter post or follow an Ivy themed hashtag its usually the same couple of people bombarding the thread with responses. I personally find it irritating because it leaves no room for different points of view and immediately puts the writer and/or illustrator on the defense. Just a flood of inane questions asked over and over before the projects even begin. So...sure...speak your mind Ivy fans - but have some manners.
    I would have been more reproachful of these fans too if DC hadn't spent more than a decade being unsure of what to do with the character. She's almost 51 years old and still not tapped to her fullest potential, so I can understand some people getting impatient and hoping to see progress with her in their lifetime. Regarding their sense of entitlement and petulance, if that gets the job done to focus on Ivy then so be it.* Unfortunately, as much as virtues like "politeness" and "manners" are made to sound appealing, practical instances have shown time and again that even the smallest of things get done only thanks to "outrage", hence the perpetuation of this outrage culture. How telling was it that DC finally gave Ivy her own mini in 50 years and credited folks who hijacked the company's social media campaigns on Twitter for the initiative? I get what you are saying, but it seems dissonant with actual reality.

*In their defense, the instances I've come across them, they have been pretty civil (overzealous at times? Yes, but mostly civil).
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 04-19-2017 at 12:20 AM.

All-New Member

Accusing people of making "inane" questions and statements and perpetrating the myth that angry feminists are gonna "take away our characters" as well as pushing "their narrative" because we are vocal about our favorite character is rude. I would appreciate if you'd express your criticism directly and not by complaining about us on a forum, effectively silencing the other side of the argument. First of all there is no "our narrative". #PoisonIvyLeague consists of people with vastly different opinions who agree on one thing: More Poison Ivy. Of course I will buy and review the books I like and enjoy.
    It's weird that the Poison Ivy fandom annoys you so much that you had to complain about us. Really? We are entitled? My DMs and mentions are filled with death and rape messages from Harley Quinn and Batman fans who tell me to shut up or they will rape me and dismember my body, who tell me every single day to drink poison or commit suicide with bleach.
    Furthermore you are in no position to judge what kind of relationship we have with certain writers or artists. What we talk about in private and what we get in response.

The only narrative being pushed here is YOUR narrative. The narrative of people who freak out when a different opinion appears. At the end of the day we are only doing what DC officially told us to do. It's right there, in their official blog. The creators you mention have appraised our actions publicly multiple times both in social media and at cons.

Last thing: I only represent myself here and vaguely the ideas that my friends agree with. If you have a problem with what we do: ignore us or have the minimum amount of decency required to contact us and give us a chance to explain ourselves instead of whining about people and actions you DON'T know in an internet forum.

Quote Originally Posted by rosenrose View Post
    My DMs and mentions are filled with death and rape messages from Harley Quinn and Batman fans who tell me to shut up or they will rape me and dismember my body, who tell me every single day to drink poison or commit suicide with bleach.
    That's sickening to just hear so I can't imagine how it must be for you. Nobody should make death/rape/mutilating threats (even if they are empty) and suggest suicide. And all over fictional characters! Some people are incredibly miserable in and at life.
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 04-19-2017 at 07:29 AM.

I always had this idea for a Poison Ivy and Ra's Al Ghul team up with me realizing Batman's Rogues gallery has two of DC's biggest eco-terrorist in it. So the story is Ra's develops a chemical when deployed around the globe would cause plants to grow uncontrollably which would cause massive deaths and destruction of most if not all major cities and cleanse the Earth and let it heal from humanity damage. Some problem there is a problem with the chemical and he needs Poison Ivy's help to perfect it and she gladly does and they got to his mountain retreat and plant their bombs all over the globe an now it's time to start setting them off. Batman shows up and defeats Ra's men and reveals Barbara and Tim have hacked into his systems and while they couldn't stop the bombs they have set all the bombs to go off at once and Dick and Damian have put one bomb in his retreat so Ra's either has to allow authorities to go and collect the bombs around the world and deactivate them or set them all off now including the one in his base which will kill him too. Poison Ivy tells Ra's to detonate the bombs and save the world from man's abuse and if their lives are forfeited it is a small price. Ra's just congratulates Batman and calls off his men Ivy is furious and calls Ra's a fake who doesn't care about the Earth. Ra's becomes angered and yells he's been saving the planet since before her great grandparents were even born and she calls him a liar he was saving himself. He's an immortal thanks to his Lazarus pit and he never cared about the Earth just protecting the world so he had a place to live. That's all I got but I wanted it to always end with her being the true believer in her cause and her point out how Ra's wasn't.