Page 26 of 163 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676126 ... LastLast
    Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Green Ghost View Post
    Agree on that! I also really like new52 Ivy, when she is handled like in Birds of Prey/Batgirl Annual/Gothtopia of course and not the one from Arkham War or Harley Quinn.

DC should realize that Poison Ivy has a huge following and not only among comicbook fans. There so many cosplayers out there and you can read that she is one of the most used characters at Cons and I have read different articles that her Costume was one of the most requested during Halloween (example).

She could bring in so much more money (merchandise with her is already selling very well), but somehow DC just don't want to invest into the character.

My writing isn't very well today, because I am tired, but I think you guys know what I mean
    I totally agree with that. DC really needs to see that people like the Ivy from those titles. That figure vote alone should have at least put her in there minds. She needs t obe on a team book at least.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    I totally agree with that. DC really needs to see that people like the Ivy from those titles. That figure vote alone should have at least put her in there minds. She needs t obe on a team book at least.
    She also breezily won CBR's "Who Should Be the Next Villain to Headline Their Own Ongoing Series?" poll. If her winning all these polls doesn't make DC take notice, then I don't know what will.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    She also breezily won CBR's "Who Should Be the Next Villain to Headline Their Own Ongoing Series?" poll. If her winning all these polls doesn't make DC take notice, then I don't know what will.
    I can see it working as a mini, but not as an ongoing series. Sorry, i think Ivy works better as a villain. I can't see her as "hero" or "anti-hero". Which doesn't mean she has to be shown as a two-dimensional and clichéd character.

SECRET ORIGINS #10
    Written by CAMERON STEWART, BRENDEN FLETCHER, DAN JURGENS and CAITLIN KITTREDGE
    Art by STJEPAN SEJIC, IRENE KOH and SEAN CHEN
    Cover by BRYAN HITCH
    On sale FEBRUARY 25 • 48 pg, FC, $4.99 US • RATED T
    Get ready for The New 52 origins of Batgirl (written by Cameron Stewart and Brenden Fletcher with art by Irene Koh), Firestorm (courtesy of writer Dan Jurgens and artist Sean Chen) and Poison Ivy (coming your way from writer Caitlin Kittredge and artist Stjepan Sejic)
    I hope they do a good job, and explain some stuff about her dying and the bio suit as well. I will be picking this up.

I love the art pick, don't know much about the writer. But I hope they do her right haha. I have been missing Ivy big time.
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 11-17-2014 at 02:08 PM.
    Pulls:

I hope they do a good job, and explain some stuff about her dying and the bio suit as well. I will be picking this up.

I love the art pick, don't know much about the writer. But I hope they do her right haha. I have been missing Ivy big time.
    You beat me to it

Really curious about that but also a little scared. But at least we know the art will be good (also hoping for black eyes)

In other Ivy comic news:

She's on the cover of Batman Elternal #38

BATMAN ETERNAL #38
    (W) Scott Snyder & Various (A) Andrea Mutti (CA) Tommy Lee Edwards
    The refugees from Arkham Asylum think there's safety in numbers - but not if one of them is Bane!
    Item Code: OCT140291 In Shops: 12/24/2014 SRP: $2.99
    Source

And Harley Quinn #15:
    harleyquinn15.jpg
    Written by Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti, art by Chad Hardin, cover by Amanda Conner, variant cover by Marco D'Alfonso.

Harley was certain she could have it all: She could be the world's best landlord, protect Coney Island from the scum of the Earth, woo Mason Macabre, work her day job as a psychiatrist, volunteer at the puppy shelter...but that's a whole lot of spinning plates, and eventually they're bound to start breaking! What happens when a psychopath cracks up? Is it possible for Harley to go even more insane?!

32 pages, $2.99, in stores on Feb. 25
    This is probably a cover-only appearance.

Thanks for posting those. I was having a hard time with my tablet lol. Ya, I am happy, but worried as well. Ivy has not been shown at her best since the Batgirl annual.
    Pulls:

Wait, Secret Origins is gonna show Ivy's New 52 origin? What was Villains' Month supposed to be then?

Quote Originally Posted by Green Ghost View Post
    This is a great cover!

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Wait, Secret Origins is gonna show Ivy's New 52 origin? What was Villains' Month supposed to be then?
    I would hope it was stuff we did not see in that issue. Maybe her getting the bio suit or something.
    Pulls:

I would hope it was stuff we did not see in that issue. Maybe her getting the bio suit or something.
    Hopefully.

Here are some cool fanart pieces:

Mindy Lee:

Babs Tarr of relaunced Batgirl fame:
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 11-18-2014 at 05:00 AM.

Here's another one by Mindy Lee titled "BFFs". God, I love her Uma Thurman inspired take on Ivy:

Lightbulb Psyche Factorial

I own a special Harley Quinn comic edition (DC Comics) and "Batman: Year One" (Frank Miller). I was a big fan of "Batman: The Animated Series" (Fox TV), and I'm a fan of "Gotham" (Fox TV). I've seen all of the Hollywood (USA) Batman films, and my favorite I perhaps Christopher Nolan's "Batman Begins" (2005).

While Green Arrow (DC Comics), Mandrake the Magician (King Features Syndicate), and The Phantom (King Features Syndicate) are perhaps my favorite comic heroes, and the Christopher Reeve Hollywood (USA) Superman films are my favorite superhero movies, Batman remains the superhero that fascinates me the most.

Maybe it's because my college education in psychology makes me curious about the criminal insanity themes in Batman (DC Comics).

My favorite Batman villains are the Mad Hatter, Joker, and Ra's al Ghul.

I was thinking that two Batman villains that capture the essential Batman (DC Comics) theme of vigilantism as it relates to criminal insanity (and resultant terrorism and mayhem) nicely are Two-Face and Poison Ivy.

Two-Face is a madman obsessed with chance and punishment, an evil version of the valiant vigilante The Punisher (Marvel Comics) perhaps. However, Poison Ivy's fixation on eco-terrorism makes her a great symbol of criminal insanity as it relates to terrorism.

I was also thinking that eco-terrorism is not the full scope of Poison Ivy's character. I was thinking that even more so than Harley Quinn or Catwoman, Poison Ivy represents a social perception of the feminine charms associated with the 'seduction' of crime. Heck, her name certainly suggests that.

In the timeless Ancient Greek epic "The Illiad" (Homer), we read of two massive armies engaged in a siege over the honor of a beautiful woman, Helen of Troy.

Women can make men do almost anything. Today's consumerism culture (i.e., eTrade, eBay, Burger King, etc.) facilitates the political talk of gender-themed products such as Aunt Jemima pancake syrup and Barbie 'girlie' dolls. Hollywood (USA) even recently released a special movie about Catwoman starring Halle Berry.

Poison Ivy engages in activities that reveal a modern age urbanization paranoia about how gender politics catalyzes real radical sentiments about 'hubris economics.'

Poison Ivy is the ultimate doll for neo-liberals.

Botanical She-Devil

knightfall.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Abishai100 View Post
    I own a special Harley Quinn comic edition (DC Comics) and "Batman: Year One" (Frank Miller). I was a big fan of "Batman: The Animated Series" (Fox TV), and I'm a fan of "Gotham" (Fox TV). I've seen all of the Hollywood (USA) Batman films, and my favorite I perhaps Christopher Nolan's "Batman Begins" (2005).

While Green Arrow (DC Comics), Mandrake the Magician (King Features Syndicate), and The Phantom (King Features Syndicate) are perhaps my favorite comic heroes, and the Christopher Reeve Hollywood (USA) Superman films are my favorite superhero movies, Batman remains the superhero that fascinates me the most.

Maybe it's because my college education in psychology makes me curious about the criminal insanity themes in Batman (DC Comics).

My favorite Batman villains are the Mad Hatter, Joker, and Ra's al Ghul.

I was thinking that two Batman villains that capture the essential Batman (DC Comics) theme of vigilantism as it relates to criminal insanity (and resultant terrorism and mayhem) nicely are Two-Face and Poison Ivy.

Two-Face is a madman obsessed with chance and punishment, an evil version of the valiant vigilante The Punisher (Marvel Comics) perhaps. However, Poison Ivy's fixation on eco-terrorism makes her a great symbol of criminal insanity as it relates to terrorism.

I was also thinking that eco-terrorism is not the full scope of Poison Ivy's character. I was thinking that even more so than Harley Quinn or Catwoman, Poison Ivy represents a social perception of the feminine charms associated with the 'seduction' of crime. Heck, her name certainly suggests that.

In the timeless Ancient Greek epic "The Illiad" (Homer), we read of two massive armies engaged in a siege over the honor of a beautiful woman, Helen of Troy.

Women can make men do almost anything. Today's consumerism culture (i.e., eTrade, eBay, Burger King, etc.) facilitates the political talk of gender-themed products such as Aunt Jemima pancake syrup and Barbie 'girlie' dolls. Hollywood (USA) even recently released a special movie about Catwoman starring Halle Berry.

Poison Ivy engages in activities that reveal a modern age urbanization paranoia about how gender politics catalyzes real radical sentiments about 'hubris economics.'

Poison Ivy is the ultimate doll for neo-liberals.

Botanical She-Devil

knightfall.jpg

Did you guys see this? I have mixed feelings about this hole new origin for her and she being so crazy from the start. What do you think?

I I am sooooooo behind on Gotham, need to catch up. Also I guses there was a typo for the Secret Origins issue 10. Christy Marx will be writing the issue, and I am not sure how I feel about it. I love some of her stuff, but did not care for her on BoP. So, we shall see.
    Pulls: