Page 102 of 163 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 2439

I know before I said I love Ivy as a Villain and I still do but perhaps I am behind on the times with her personally because I noticed someone else call her an "anti-hero".

So can somebody recommend some stories for me that shows this change or some recent runs where it's showing she is NOT a villain? I love reading new stories as I am catching up on a lot of the comics.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    I know before I said I love Ivy as a Villain and I still do but perhaps I am behind on the times with her personally because I noticed someone else call her an "anti-hero".

So can somebody recommend some stories for me that shows this change or some recent runs where it's showing she is NOT a villain? I love reading new stories as I am catching up on a lot of the comics.

Thanks!
    These are some of the best grey shaded Ivy stories:

Batman: Poison Ivy by John Francis Moore (1997 one-shot)
    Batman/Poison Ivy: Cast Shadows by Ann Nocenti
    Batman: No Man's Land Volume 3 (Fruit of the Earth 3-parter) (Batman: Shadow of the Bat #88, Batman #568, Detective Comics #735)
    Batgirl Annual #2 by Gail Simone
    Poison Ivy: Cycle of Life and Death TPB by Amy Chu
    All-Star Batman #7 by Scott Snyder
    Trinity Vol. 1: Better Together by Francis Manapul

There are a few more but you could start with these.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    These are some of the best grey shaded Ivy stories:

Batman: Poison Ivy by John Francis Moore (1997 one-shot)
    Batman/Poison Ivy: Cast Shadows by Ann Nocenti
    Batman: No Man's Land Volume 3 (Fruit of the Earth 3-parter) (Batman: Shadow of the Bat #88, Batman #568, Detective Comics #735)
    Batgirl Annual #2 by Gail Simone
    Poison Ivy: Cycle of Life and Death TPB by Amy Chu
    All-Star Batman #7 by Scott Snyder
    Trinity Vol. 1: Better Together by Francis Manapul

There are a few more but you could start with these.
    Excellent choices. If you're a gamer, Ivy's presence in Arkham Knight is significant.

Thanks all! I am willing to be open.

And I have seen Ivy's game stories on YouTube for both Arkham Knight and Injustice. 85% of these stories I don't know so I guess I got some catching up to do.

Please do know that I do like Ivy; Villain, Anti-Hero, Anti-Villain, it doesn't quite matter, I have always liked her. She kicks ass.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So I guess no one knows for sure whether Ivy's current looks has leggings or not ?
    Well it really makes no sense why a nature-themed character would be wearing nylons, but somehow they give the classic Ivy costume that extra bit of pop to make it stand out. Without them the outfit just looks kind of plain.

The one on the left is clearly Poison Ivy even if you've never heard of the movie, the one on the right is....I don't know what the hell that is.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    Well it really makes no sense why a nature-themed character would be wearing nylons, but somehow they give the classic Ivy costume that extra bit of pop to make it stand out. Without them the outfit just looks kind of plain.

The one on the left is clearly Poison Ivy even if you've never heard of the movie, the one on the right is....I don't know what the hell that is.
    It's called a "Kardashian". It's very famous, but no one knows why. Scientists are working hard to find out.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    It's called a "Kardashian". It's very famous, but no one knows why. Scientists are working hard to find out.
    It is also irritating that the movie actually gave Ivy a costume that was nearly perfectly accurate to the comic, and then for some reason had her spend most of the film wearing something else. Hardly the worst thing about the movie though, and on the whole Ivy's depiction was pretty good.

BANNED

It is also irritating that the movie actually gave Ivy a costume that was nearly perfectly accurate to the comic, and then for some reason had her spend most of the film wearing something else. Hardly the worst thing about the movie though, and on the whole Ivy's depiction was pretty good.
    Ugh, no. I love Uma Thurman, but that was the worst performance of her career. Even Schwarzenegger had more restraint than she did.

I liked the second costume but the final one....her make-up is terrible. I was annoyed by the costume change at first because the first one looks perfect but then I understand it represents her character going darker and darker.

As for her acting, I agree it's not splendid but it does fit with the whole campiness of the movie. Which I don't love but accept as a choice.

That being sad I can't wait for her to be portrayed more seriously on the big screen. Hope they do her justice.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Ugh, no. I love Uma Thurman, but that was the worst performance of her career. Even Schwarzenegger had more restraint than she did.
    Arnie has no regrets either, $25 million pay day does that for you.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    I liked the second costume but the final one....her make-up is terrible. I was annoyed by the costume change at first because the first one looks perfect but then I understand it represents her character going darker and darker.

As for her acting, I agree it's not splendid but it does fit with the whole campiness of the movie. Which I don't love but accept as a choice.

That being sad I can't wait for her to be portrayed more seriously on the big screen. Hope they do her justice.
    It seems that the classic costume, particularly the version with the green tights and heels as opposed to more recent barefoot outfits, is more associated with the campy, non-threatening Ivy and not the more modern and serious take on the character. I suppose it makes sense though, it's definitely not the most intimidating look and she did get beat up quite a bit when wearing it but rarely got to kick much ass herself.

How? She tried to freeze the Earth in contradiction to her plan and became obsessed with Freeze out of nowhere

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    How? She tried to freeze the Earth in contradiction to her plan and became obsessed with Freeze out of nowhere
    Didn't she plan on the Ice Age giving birth to a new Green Age?

I agree that the Freeze obsession and trying to kill Nora as a result was too much. Still, in context of the camp, it was an enjoyable performance. I can't say the same for anyone else in that film, who did not make any effort in masking the suffering on their face.

BANNED

Somehow, all those leggy Ivy cosplays just wouldn't be the same without the green tights. I think of them like the rug from the Big Lebowski, really ties that whole outfit together, man.

It looks like Ivy and Selina are staying on BoP. Not surprising considering the title's dipping in sales and they needed to shake up the dynamics of the current team.