Page 119 of 163 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 2439
    Spectacular Member

Ivy is on the cover (main issue only) and featured in Batgirl and the Birds of Prey #15. Picked it up today.

Read it. A pretty enjoyable issue and the plot is reminiscent of the second season of the Gotham Girls webseries, which is good.

I knew they would suspect Ivy of being the culprit lol. Liked Pam saying humanity doesn't need her help to destroy themselves. That kind of cavalier attitude suits her far more than raging hatred for mankind.

Also don't get what's Batwoman's beef with the Birds working with the Sirens. She's working with Clayface herself, isn't she?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Read it. A pretty enjoyable issue and the plot is reminiscent of the second season of the Gotham Girls webseries, which is good.

I knew they would suspect Ivy of being the culprit lol. Liked Pam saying humanity doesn't need her help to destroy themselves. That kind of cavalier attitude suits her far more than raging hatred for mankind.

Also don't get what's Batwoman's beef with the Birds working with the Sirens. She's working with Clayface herself, isn't she?
    It is a good issue. I've appreciate the story more than the artwork. The series still isn't a big seller at my local shop. There were four copies including one variant which I also purchased despite Ivy's absence (I was the first person there when they opened).

Easy. She knows Clayface has reformed. She doesn't know any of the Sirens at all (Catwoman vaguely at best). She also might not know that Ivy and Catwoman have been working with the Birds recently.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Unfortunately Ivy won't reappear until later on in this season of Gotham, but when she does, she will be a major player with some of her plant powers:

http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/10/13/g...turn-season-4/

Unfortunately Ivy won't reappear until later on in this season of Gotham, but when she does, she will be a major player with some of her plant powers:

cool. maybe I'll check this when she does then. for the moment I tried to like this series but I'm not a fan of kid Batman and proto-villains.

Will she start acting like Poison Ivy then ?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    cool. maybe I'll check this when she does then. for the moment I tried to like this series but I'm not a fan of kid Batman and proto-villains.
    I agree with your sentiments exactly. I enjoyed the couple of minutes Maggie Geha had, but it hasn't helped my overall opinion of the show.

The Halloween edition of CBR's The Line It is Drawn had a horror movie/comic book mashup theme, and here's Poison Ivy in Little Shop of Horrors by Axel Medellin:

Yikes, this role seems to be cursed for whichever poor actress is cast. They keep getting replaced. Maggie, like Claire before her, was so enthusiastic about the character, even more so, that it is even more sad to see her leave. I wonder why, as this time there is no in story, aging reason.

Also, I've been aware of Peyton List since she was a child in stuff like Diary of the Wimpy Kid: Dog Days so watching her now play an adult, more comics accurate Poison Ivy is... not going to be weird and creepy at all.

Edit: Apparently, there are two different actresses named Peyton List (how is that even possible, isn't the Actors' Guild supposed to prevent such a thing from happening and make one or the other use another working name in a case like this?). This is the one who was cast as Ivy:

This Disney Channel star is the one I was thinking of:

Okay, that makes sense, even if it's as confusing and unusual as the situation with Gotham Ivy. So I guess this casting is a perfect match.
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 10-30-2017 at 11:31 AM.

All this constant recasting just speaks to me that the showrunners have no idea what they want to do with Ivy because they keep having to recast every time they try to change the character to, supposedly, be truer to the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    All this constant recasting just speaks to me that the showrunners have no idea what they want to do with Ivy because they keep having to recast every time they try to change the character to, supposedly, be truer to the comics.
    Yeah, they started out with a kid which clearly showed they wanted her to be a contemporary to Bruce and Selina initially. Then they changed their mind and wanted to introduce the adult seductress version, but the backlash must have given them pause so they went with the "little girl in adult woman's body" angle, which Maggie Geha was a pro at playing.

Now, it looks like they want to return to the seductive version (and maybe they want her to be more ethereally beautiful and powerful as well), hence recasting Geha with a "sexier", more supermodel-eque looking actress. The entire thing is just wacky, just like the weird use of the name "Ivy Pepper" instead of simply Pamela Isley.

Having said that, the new actress looks like she's Stjepan Sejic's interpretation of Poison Ivy come to life (provided they give her red hair too of course). So there's that.

She definitely looks the part (hair aside), and can probably play it as well, I just can't help but see how much this show struggles with getting Ivy right.