Spectacular Member

Spectacular Member DetectiveStrange's Avatar

How about some Hothouse love?

tumblr_mqvfixHVuL1rcmkiko1_500.jpg

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DetectiveStrange View Post

I wanted to get that as a tattoo when i was really young.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    I wanted to get that as a tattoo when i was really young.
    Why didn't you?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by DetectiveStrange View Post

This picture rocks. So does Hothouse.
    http://www.fanfilmfollies.com/movies/batman-hothouse-2
    This is a fan film based on Hothouse if you haven't seen it.

Incredible Member

I wonder if she will ever become a good guy? Like shemlock or diamond back did!

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Haha, I think his noses are cute. Here is one more, this time with Barbara:

My two favorite gals in the DC-verse!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by gwhh View Post
    I wonder if she will ever become a good guy? Like shemlock or diamond back did!
    Keeping her as a villain makes no sense anymore. I loved her in Birds of Prey and it looks that there is a chance she'll eventually turn a new leaf (hah!).
    Did you read Batgirl Annual 2? She appears to have more noble causes now and Simone reinvents the character after her awful portrayal in Harley Quinn
    and Arkham War. It was a pleasant surprise. I'm not a big fan of Simone's work but she treated the character with respect. She has the potential to
    become DC's Emma Frost in the hands of a good writer.

By Olivier Coipel, another one of my favorite artists right now:

My exact cup of tea here!

Quote Originally Posted by retical View Post
    Keeping her as a villain makes no sense anymore. I loved her in Birds of Prey and it looks that there is a chance she'll eventually turn a new leaf (hah!).
    Did you read Batgirl Annual 2? She appears to have more noble causes now and Simone reinvents the character after her awful portrayal in Harley Quinn
    and Arkham War. It was a pleasant surprise. I'm not a big fan of Simone's work but she treated the character with respect. She has the potential to
    become DC's Emma Frost in the hands of a good writer.
    Agreed, I don't think she should become a full on good guy, but she could be DC's Magneto or Emma Frost, both do good things, in sometimes bad ways. She needs to be on a ongoing title again, be it hers or a team book. That Batgirl issue proves it.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    Why didn't you?
    Because I got smart :P I would have changed my mind on it as I got older (like I did), plus I was a kid lol.
    Pulls:

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    Agreed, I don't think she should become a full on good guy, but she could be DC's Magneto or Emma Frost, both do good things, in sometimes bad ways. She needs to be on a ongoing title again, be it hers or a team book. That Batgirl issue proves it.

Because I got smart :P I would have changed my mind on it as I got older (like I did), plus I was a kid lol.
    She can have her own agenda but going around and murdering people just for the lulz or teaming up with other villains doesn't make sense. And I can't see why she can't be i.e a member of BoP or another team.
    And yeah, the Batgirl issue proves that she needs more appearances. I think she is in this weeks Harley Quinn but I don't like how she's written there. Most of the people I talk to in my LCS agree.
    I guess we'll have to wait for someone like Simone again to write something good with Ivy. Was surprised by how good the annual was.

A little less traditional, but I thought this was a cool piece:

Oh that is pretty cool.

So I guess Gotham City Sirens is getting a huge TPB so check that out guys. If you don't own it, get it then. Ivy is great in that book.
    Pulls:

Did you guys check out the lettered preview of Harley Quinn #7. Ivy's characterisation is not totally repugnant. The artwork leaves a lot to be desired though.

Spectacular Member

Did you guys check out the lettered preview of Harley Quinn #7. Ivy's characterisation is not totally repugnant. The artwork leaves a lot to be desired though.
    My problem with this book is that it's not funny. Perhaps the team behind a book can write a good Harley Quinn but they write a horrible Ivy. They just don't get the character. In the previous issue Ivy was in underwear, now she is in swimsuit. It's pretty clear who the target audience is. And I'm starting to get bored of Harley. She appears everywhere. I think that her comic will come out twice a month, plus Suicide Squad. DC forgot all about Catwoman, Wonder Woman, Batwoman, Batgirl, Ivy and focuses just on Harley.

I won't forgive them for that beaver joke. But I will look at the preview. But to me because of what they said about how this Harley is the best of all of the favorite Harleys (including the new52 one) together it will always be out of continuity.

Edit: Read it, not bad. At least she is not hitting are Harley. I think they are getting better at it. But I still think its out of continuity and will always think that. Harley is different in this then she has been anywhere else. And Ivy needs that biosuit to live, her taking it off for underwear or swimsuit does not fit.

Harley is DC's Deadpool now, thats all she is. Which is cool, I love Harley. But don't care for the changes they have done in her book.
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 06-17-2014 at 04:55 PM.
    Pulls: