Page 120 of 163 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 2439
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She definitely looks the part (hair aside), and can probably play it as well, I just can't help but see how much this show struggles with getting Ivy right.
    I really like the show but the writers tend to struggle with the female characters. Ivy is the most glaring example.
    Last edited by DR14; 10-30-2017 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Having said that, the new actress looks like she's Stjepan Sejic's interpretation of Poison Ivy come to life (provided they give her red hair too of course). So there's that.

She is gorgeous! Hope she can act too. Curious to see thought on how they will address yet another change in actress.

On other news Ivy looks to be apart of the new Batman the Brave and the Bold and Scooby Doo movie:
    https://www.cbr.com/batman-scooby-doo-team-up/

Spectacular Member

The Gotham show is just trolling its audience at this point. Its pretty obvious they want to recast Selena and Bruce to older actors so badly, but they fear fan backlash.. lol

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    She is gorgeous! Hope she can act too. Curious to see thought on how they will address yet another change in actress.
    They'll probably just pretend it's a result of the Chinese potions fuelled transformation. I also wonder if part of the reason for this second recasting was because Maggie Geha, whose strong point was playing to the comedy aspect of the little girl with a grown-up body concept, wasn't the best fit for a more seductive and sinister take on Poison Ivy.

On other news Ivy looks to be apart of the new Batman the Brave and the Bold and Scooby Doo movie:
    https://www.cbr.com/batman-scooby-doo-team-up/
    YAY, my two favorite cartoon redheads from childhood sharing screen space! The BatB design was also my favorite other media Ivy design outside of her iconic original BTAS look, so it's great to see that again.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    They'll probably just pretend it's a result of the Chinese potions fuelled transformation. I also wonder if part of the reason for this second recasting was because Maggie Geha, whose strong point was playing to the comedy aspect of the little girl with a grown-up body concept, wasn't the best fit for a more seductive and sinister take on Poison Ivy.

YAY, my two favorite cartoon redheads from childhood sharing screen space! The BatB design was also my favorite other media Ivy design outside of her iconic original BTAS look, so it's great to see that again.
    I'm pretty sure that's the reason. They want her to me more dangerous and sexy and Maggie was to goofy and sweet.

They were also my two favourites! Hope Daphne and Pam interact.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    I'm pretty sure that's the reason. They want her to me more dangerous and sexy and Maggie was to goofy and sweet.

They were also my two favourites! Hope Daphne and Pam interact.
    Too be fair that was less on Maggie and more on the writing once they realized they were sexing up someone who was mentally a child and then doubled-down on making her act her age and less like Poison Ivy.

Mighty Member

Too be fair that was less on Maggie and more on the writing once they realized they were sexing up someone who was mentally a child and then doubled-down on making her act her age and less like Poison Ivy.
    Yup. In fact, Maggie originally auditioned as the traditional, seductive, dangerous version we're more familiar with.

My favorite version of Poison Ivy is the teenage version from "The Batman" cartoon. It was such a refreshing take on the character.

I really liked it too as an alternate version of her. But I'm a grown up sexy Ivy fan myself.

I think The Batman version was a fun and interesting take for what it was, and certainly got the character better then Gotham did, but I wouldn't say it's my ideal version of Ivy compared to B:TAS or her other depictions.

Quote Originally Posted by Child of the Atom View Post
    The Gotham show is just trolling its audience at this point. Its pretty obvious they want to recast Selena and Bruce to older actors so badly, but they fear fan backlash.. lol
    Yup, I said that too. In fact I had been saying this since the middle of Season 3.

Mighty Member

I liked Poison Ivy in that show just fine, but they didn't really do much with her, or her friendship with Barbara. After the two-parter and one other episode, she was just either a cameo or Lex Luthor's plot device. One reason I really like The Batman Strikes! (the comic tie-in to the show) is because it focused on other villains that the show treated as one-shot, and didn't overuse Joker and Penguin. They even had an Ivy/Harley team-up!

Also, I thought (or at least, kid-me that grew up on the show) she was cuter as Pamela than as Ivy.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    I liked Poison Ivy in that show just fine, but they didn't really do much with her, or her friendship with Barbara. After the two-parter and one other episode, she was just either a cameo or Lex Luthor's plot device. One reason I really like The Batman Strikes! (the comic tie-in to the show) is because it focused on other villains that the show treated as one-shot, and didn't overuse Joker and Penguin. They even had an Ivy/Harley team-up!
    That was a fun issue .

It was kind of weird that they never really did much with her past friendship with Batgirl, but, as you say, that probably would have required Ivy appearing more.
    Also, I thought (or at least, kid-me that grew up on the show) she was cuter as Pamela than as Ivy.
    It was the glasses, wasn't it ?

Mighty Member

It was kind of weird that they never really did much with her past friendship with Batgirl, but, as you say, that probably would have required Ivy appearing more.
    Yeah. It would've made a good parallel to the Bruce/Ethan relationship, but no, we gotta get more Joker and Penguin episodes instead.

It was the glasses, wasn't it ?
    Along with the lack of the dumb hairdo, yes.