Page 126 of 163 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 2439

Brianne Douhard, who produced the Amethyst shorts for DC Nation, mentioned in a podcast that there was a pitch for a Bumblebee series that saw her taking on Poison Ivy who had enslaved bees to use them on plants in a plant spa.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    They are still on opposite sides. Ivy is siding with Ra's and his apocalyptic schemes but just for one night, she asks Harley whether they could put their stark differences aside due to their immense and enduring love for each other. She leaves Harley at daybreak.
    Now Ivy sounds like Harley's Catwoman .

Lolwut. It would have been cute though. This also shows how much Ivy was/is in demand especially when it comes to other media adaptations. I remember Bruce Timm saying a lot of writers kept suggesting stories involving her for Justice League/Justice League Unlimited but he kept vetoing it because he wanted to give the Bat villains a rest after BTAS/TNBA and let the others shine for a while (except apparently The Joker).

Now Ivy sounds like Harley's Catwoman .
    I know it will infuriate Wonton Girl, but Black Cat did the one night stand thing first.
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 11-24-2017 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    http://community.comicbookresources....omicdom/page10

Go and vote for Ivy (or any female really). I'm surprised Ivy, Harley, Barbara and Batwoman haven't been mentioned yet...
    It seems very Marvel slanted. Or a lot of the Marvel fans are voting in the polls I should say.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This is a stark difference from their interactions in the actual game. I wonder what happened...
    Yeah, something definitely happened. We shall find out maybe in later issues.

I know it will infuriate Wonton Girl, but Black Cat did the one night stand thing first.

I don't know what would infuriate me? I don't know what you are talking about or referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    I don't know what would infuriate me? I don't know what you are talking about or referring to.
    Your refusal to admit that a lot about modern Catwoman and her dynamic with Batman have been heavily inspired by original Black Cat and her dynamic with Spider-Man.

Your refusal to admit that a lot about modern Catwoman and her dynamic with Batman have been heavily inspired by original Black Cat and her dynamic with Spider-Man.
    Hey hold on, I not refusing to admit anything. I never even heard of Black Cat till like 2015. I didn't know anything about her relationship with Spider-Man. I thought she was inspired by Catwoman since Catwoman was created first.

Makes me no difference. I don't read Black Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    Hey hold on, I not refusing to admit anything. I never even heard of Black Cat till like 2015. I didn't know anything about her relationship with Spider-Man. I thought she was inspired by Catwoman since Catwoman was created first.

Makes me no difference. I don't read Black Cat.
    It's okay. I didn't mean it as an attack, just playful teasing based on our previous interactions on the matter.

Spectacular Member

It's okay. I didn't mean it as an attack, just playful teasing based on our previous interactions on the matter.
    I hadn't heard about Black Cat before. Is the Wikipedia article about her fairly accurate in that she was into Spider-Man but not into Peter Parker? That feels different from Batman/Catwoman - Selina always seemed fond of both Batman and Bruce even when she didn't know they were the same person. But I'm interested in reading about the parallels.

Quote Originally Posted by K Nikk View Post
    I hadn't heard about Black Cat before. Is the Wikipedia article about her fairly accurate in that she was into Spider-Man but not into Peter Parker? That feels different from Batman/Catwoman - Selina always seemed fond of both Batman and Bruce even when she didn't know they were the same person. But I'm interested in reading about the parallels.
    The way it traditionally went with the big 3 Spider-Man love interests was: Gwen Stacy (into Peter, hated SM), Black Cat (into SM, was initially disappointed to discover his real identity was Peter) and Mary Jane (fangirled over SM and was into Peter as well; later 80's retcon that had her discover Spidey's identity before even meeting him made it like her curiosity was aroused regarding Peter after her discovery, but then the more she came to know him in real life, the more she fell for the person he truly was as well).

Black Cat's relationship with Spider-Man (as in them having straight up sex and Peter even prematurely imagining settling down with her) was established before Batman and Catwoman were anywhere seriously near actual love interests outside of winking flirtations and maybe alternate universe tales. It was only after Black Cat became incredibly popular late 70's onwards due to her dynamics with Spider-Man that DC seriously considered making Selina a real love interest with an actual chance of having a romance with Bruce. Once the Batman/Catwoman relationship was firmly established through the 80's and 90's, Marvel in turn had Black Cat get over her disdain for Peter Parker and long for him, though at the time he was unavailable due to his marriage to MJ. So in a way both characters inspired each others' personalities and relationships as is so often the case with DC/Marvel, but Selina became more of a sympathetic anti-heroine and romantic interest due to Felicia's influence.

BANNED

The dynamic between Batman and Catwoman is surely iconic, and even if it was derivative they definitely did a much better job with that angle and making it a true pillar of comic book lore which the Black Cat aren't. As it relates to Poison Ivy though, this relationship tends to be quite disastrous for our girl, because it seems like every time they want Bruce and Selina to team up they want to show that she has turned the corner by having her beat the stuffing out of a truly bad girl. The rivalry between Selina and Pam before Sirens was definitely fun, but it was hopelessly one-sided.

Every time there was a Selina vs. Pam showdown, it was unfortunately just to job Ivy to Catwoman and to shame Ivy for skewing more towards the whore side of the "Madonna/whore" complex than Catwoman. One of the worst Ivy appearances ever was Reap What You Sow, a story in the original Catwoman title of the 90's:

In it, Selina constantly ridicules Ivy for needing artificial substances like chemicals and pheromones to charm and seduce men. It ends with an attack on what was perceived to be the source of Ivy's power, her looks. Selina smashes some plant fast growth enzymes on Pam's face, apparently giving the impression that Ivy would be physically scarred for life.

Thankfully nobody at DC bothered to follow this "development" for Ivy.

Reminder that DC's New Talent Showcase out today features a Poison Ivy vs. creepy vampire demon story called Silent Screams.

Though apparently she also appears in the Duke story in the book, in her Arkham games visuals.

Spectacular Member

Reminder that DC's New Talent Showcase out today features a Poison Ivy vs. creepy vampire demon story called Silent Screams.

Though apparently she also appears in the Duke story in the book, in her Arkham games visuals.
    The artwork for Silent Screams is gorgeous. The other stories pale in comparison. She is in the Duke story as you mentioned, though only in a couple of panels with no dialogue. The $7.99 price tag is high, but worth it in my opinion for Silent Screams alone.

BANNED

It's cool to see Ivy finally getting a chance to kick butt and take names like a classic action hero/