Page 128 of 163 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 2439

According to King; Poison Ivy will be in Issues #41-43. She will not be evil but she will be trying to do something "good" but Batman won't be agreeing with her methods.

Also, King says that Poison Ivy did not kill those men in the past in WJR, she wrapped them up in the trees.

Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    According to King; Poison Ivy will be in Issues #41-43. She will not be evil but she will be trying to do something "good" but Batman won't be agreeing with her methods.

Also, King says that Poison Ivy did not kill those men in the past in WJR, she wrapped them up in the trees.
    I see what you did there King .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I see what you did there King .
    Or maybe he meant it? I don't know.

Anyway, Mikal will be drawing her in the arcs and I thought she looked very pretty during WJR.

It wasn't a big deal if she had killed those men lol. It was pretty early on in her career and they were the ones who threatened her with guns.

But I'm not complaining with this decision lol. Much, much better than King starting a petty fight with the Twitter Ivy fanbase, which was what I was initially fearing upon hearing of this Everybody Loves Ivy story arc.

I just can/t wait to see a movie version of Ivy. Seeing the popularity of Wonder Woman and Harley Quinn movie versions of the characters makes me hopeful.

Although the Uma Thurman portrayal may be controversial now days, I remember how I was excited when she was announced as one of the new villains in the movie ; and how I loved it at the time. I watch it over and over. I was 12 and bought all merchandising for the movie. Give us Ivy in Gotham City Sirens, Batgirl and SS2!

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    I just can/t wait to see a movie version of Ivy. Seeing the popularity of Wonder Woman and Harley Quinn movie versions of the characters makes me hopeful.

Although the Uma Thurman portrayal may be controversial now days, I remember how I was excited when she was announced as one of the new villains in the movie ; and how I loved it at the time. I watch it over and over. I was 12 and bought all merchandising for the movie. Give us Ivy in Gotham City Sirens, Batgirl and SS2!
    And the Batman solo too!

Apparently Margot Robbie wants her own Harley film that focuses on female friendship. Hmm, I wonder if we will get a Harley & Ivy type film first, and then if it's successful, a lead into Gotham City Sirens.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Why did King apologize for having her kill when these issues came out then?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Why did King apologize for having her kill when these issues came out then?
    Hi, I'm the person who asked the question and also one of the people mr King apologize in Twitter.
    Here's the whole story.
    I think it's because he had promised a completely different introduction to Ivy. It's not just that she "killed" these people in the park, it's how her character was used and what readers were expecting. We asked, mr King replied, we criticized and unfortunately certain people started attacking my friends and me, sending some very threatening stuff. Mr King did help and blocked/reported some of the trolls and for some more serious cases of people sending Ivy fans death and rape threats, Twitter decided to completely remove the profiles. Mr King had been vocal against these trolls and helped Ivy fans with this issue.
    As for this story we'll have to wait and see.

Here's the article I mentioned earlier.
    http://womenwriteaboutcomics.com/201...eroic-journey/

It took me a lot of work and effort to write this as well as questions to creators about this to make it as accurate as possible. I want to thank WWAC and all the people who helped with this as well as the creators mentioned (and some who are not but helped me with this).
    for any questions you can hit me at twitter at @ivygirl851 since I'm not a user of these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by rosenrose View Post

I think it's because he had promised a completely different introduction to Ivy. It's not just that she "killed" these people in the park, it's how her character was used and what readers were expecting.
    No I think that it was what readers who are fans of Ivy as a complete hero or Anti-hero was expecting.

If you think of Ivy as a Villain or Anti-Villain or "not so bad" Villain, or not necessarily as a "hero", then there was no surprise at what she did. Whether she "killed" the people or not.

I will say that what King did was nice and way beyond what most people would had done, especially for fans of a fictional character. But it doesn't surprised me that he did it because he seems to be a generally nice man.

And internet and social media bullying of anybody should never be allowed. Especially death and rape threats. That just takes things way too far.

Edited post...
    Last edited by WontonGirl; 12-05-2017 at 10:53 AM.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I don't get the want to turn Ivy good. I'm fine with anti-villain Ivy but her being bad is what made me like her in the first place. Don't know why female villains have to change when there's so little of them, especially well known female villains.

Anyway, how was her showcase story? I saw some art previews and it looked good. I do however hate the leaf heel boots lol.

All-New Member

And internet and social media bullying of anybody should never be allowed. Especially death and rape threats. That just takes things way too far.
    I agree. Unfortunately it never stopped happening. The good thing is that Twitter takes these threats seriously and removes the accounts. The bad thing is that they often reach to you with some really horrible stuff. I know that 99.9999999999% of them are empty threats but when you wake up and see yourself tagged with images of dead animals or gore, it's not the best thing in the world. Fortunately Twitter removes this crap almost instantly after reporting but the problem is that they shouldn't be allowed in the first place. In the past I have worked (and still volunteer) against harassment and the comic community, especially some people who feel threatened by new ideas can become very creepy.
    I am writing an article about harassment and I'm finding difficult to select screencaps of the thing people have send me because some of the stuff are just too much to post.

Quote Originally Posted by rosenrose View Post
    I agree. Unfortunately it never stopped happening. The good thing is that Twitter takes these threats seriously and removes the accounts. The bad thing is that they often reach to you with some really horrible stuff. I know that 99.9999999999% of them are empty threats but when you wake up and see yourself tagged with images of dead animals or gore, it's not the best thing in the world. Fortunately Twitter removes this crap almost instantly after reporting but the problem is that they shouldn't be allowed in the first place. In the past I have worked (and still volunteer) against harassment and the comic community, especially some people who feel threatened by new ideas can become very creepy.
    I am writing an article about harassment and I'm finding difficult to select screencaps of the thing people have send me because some of the stuff are just too much to post.
    That's way too creepy. Way too creepy. This is only a fictional character. Comics are fictional characters. I see this mess with TV shows and that's why I avoid fandoms of TV shows and movies. The community is too toxic. And it goes both ways. I'm seeing "fans" harass writers and artists and actors. Because they are not doing what they like with a character or not doing something. It's too much. I've seen critics and writers get rape and death threats. And also the publishing of people's person info has happened as well.

If I was King I would had blocked EVERY SINGLE PERSON. From the haters to the trolls to the extremes and even the "we blocked the bad people in our fandom". Yes, I would block them too because people shouldn't be harassing these writers. NONE of them. King was too nice.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I don't get the want to turn Ivy good. I'm fine with anti-villain Ivy but her being bad is what made me like her in the first place. Don't know why female villains have to change when there's so little of them, especially well known female villains.

Anyway, how was her showcase story? I saw some art previews and it looked good. I do however hate the leaf heel boots lol.
    I mean, it was okay to me. I am looking more forward to her in Batman Ninja

All-New Member

If I was King I would had blocked EVERY SINGLE PERSON. From the haters to the trolls to the extremes and even the "we blocked the bad people in our fandom". Yes, I would block them too because people shouldn't be harassing these writers. NONE of them. King was too nice.
    If you are talking about #PoisonIvyLeague, we never harassed or threatened anyone. In fact most of the creators people say we harass actually follow us and interact with us.
    What I did find is that two or three specific accounts of "traditionalist" comic critics have taken screencaps of things, tweets, posts from trolls that either pretend are Ivy fans or attack me and my friends, fractions of a second after they got posted or deleted from Twitter. Which is too damn weird.
    In fact it's weird enough for Twitter to remove one of these accounts who I suspected was creating fake profiles in order to create negative impressions about specific people.
    I'm researching about whether it's legal to post some stuff in an article considering they are private conversations and threats from people with big accounts.
    It reaches even further into the shady area of people who buy and sell Twitter accounts in order to influence fandom.
    I have been asked to sell my account from three big influencer accounts who are... the same person.
    If I manage to write the article the way it should be written, a lot of things will clear up.