Page 129 of 163 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 2439

Quote Originally Posted by rosenrose View Post
    If you are talking about #PoisonIvyLeague, we never harassed or threatened anyone. In fact most of the creators people say we harass actually follow us and interact with us.
    What I did find is that two or three specific accounts of "traditionalist" comic critics have taken screencaps of things, tweets, posts from trolls that either pretend are Ivy fans or attack me and my friends, fractions of a second after they got posted or deleted from Twitter. Which is too damn weird.
    In fact it's weird enough for Twitter to remove one of these accounts who I suspected was creating fake profiles in order to create negative impressions about specific people.
    I'm researching about whether it's legal to post some stuff in an article considering they are private conversations and threats from people with big accounts.
    It reaches even further into the shady area of people who buy and sell Twitter accounts in order to influence fandom.
    I have been asked to sell my account from three big influencer accounts who are... the same person.
    If I manage to write the article the way it should be written, a lot of things will clear up.
    I'm talking about anybody who is threatening people; fans or writers. And not necessary DC characters or writers, this is going on with more than just comics. People have too much access to other people via social media and they think they can just harass and control people. And if I was King, I would just block everybody with a broad stroke; from the "we are the good ones" to the hateful extremes. That would take care of that. But that is MY opinion.

As for you, look. Continue to the good work that you are doing in regards to battling comic bullying and your academic research with these characters. That's great and fine.

BUT for all that other stuff. No, I would give you the same advice. Delete and block them all. Maybe even some of your followers if you have too. Clean sweep. If they disagree with you, block em! If they are extreme, block em! If they say, I like Ivy with Batman and you like her with Harley, block em! LOL! Extreme times call for extreme measures.

I mean, people making up accounts to harass you? That's not normal. Somebody did the same thing with King. It's not normal and you don't have to take it. It's okay to like fans and followers, but you are dealing with some extremes. No fictional character is worth it. NONE!

And if necessary, delete your Twitter account. You don't owe Twitter nothing by having an account with them.
    Last edited by WontonGirl; 12-05-2017 at 12:17 PM.

BANNED

All trolls and fanboys are bad and they are in the PIL as well as against PIL. No party can claim the moral high ground here.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    No I think that it was what readers who are fans of Ivy as a complete hero or Anti-hero was expecting.

If you think of Ivy as a Villain or Anti-Villain or "not so bad" Villain, or not necessarily as a "hero", then there was no surprise at what she did. Whether she "killed" the people or not.
    Why does this keep happening to villains, the more popular they become they have to be desensitized
    Particularly female villains

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Why does this keep happening to villains, the more popular they become they have to be desensitized
    Particularly female villains
    You know, I don't know. But it happens to Male villains too, all the time. All the time. Especially if the hero is in some kind of close relation to them or a friend circle. I see it with Loki. I saw it with Klaus on The Originals. I even saw it with Captain Cold on The Flash. We got it now with Clayface. This happens, regardless of gender.

I think people like the idea of the "not so bad" villain going good and teaming up with the "good guys" to take down the REAL BIG BAD.

Like back when the X-Men was the hot team in the movies, people loved looking at the flashbacks of when "Magneto and Xavier were friends". And so many movie fans were hoping that Magneto would "team up" with Xavier again. Because he couldn't be that bad if the Professor visited him and played Chess with him in jail right?
    Last edited by WontonGirl; 12-05-2017 at 07:38 PM.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

You know, I don't know. But it happens to Male villains too, all the time. All the time. Especially if the hero is in some kind of close relation to them or a friend circle. I see it with Loki. I saw it with Klaus on The Originals. I even saw it with Captain Cold on The Flash. We got it now with Clayface. This happens, regardless of gender.

I think people like the idea of the "not so bad" villain going good and teaming up with the "good guys" to take down the REAL BIG BAD.

Like back when the X-Men was the hot team in the movies, people loved looking at the flashbacks of when "Magneto and Xavier were friends". And so many movie fans were hoping that Magneto would "team up" with Xavier again. Because he couldn't be that bad if the Professor visited him and played Chess with him in jail right?
    Clayface, Riddler, Catwoman, Black Cat, Loki, etc. I can see actually having a moral streak and turning over a new leaf.

Ivy, Harley, Joker, Lex, let them remain bad. Sure you can have them reform, but good? No, I can see Ivy working as a Deathstroke like character in that she's in a black, gray area.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Clayface, Riddler, Catwoman, Black Cat, Loki, etc. I can see actually having a moral streak and turning over a new leaf.

Ivy, Harley, Joker, Lex, let them remain bad. Sure you can have them reform, but good? No, I can see Ivy working as a Deathstroke like character in that she's in a black, gray area.
    I think the environmentalism angle, her role in No Man's Land and her relationship with Harley lent themselves more naturally (no pun) to a more grayer area (even lighter than Deathstroke, who has had illicit sexual relationships with minors and oppressed his own children to an extent).

I've always been saying that Emma Frost of the 00's is the perfect standard for Ivy. Morally complex, can be pretty heroic at times, but has that edge that puts her squarely in the anti-heroine/anti-villain zone, more so than the likes of Catwoman, who is way more heroic than morally ambiguous.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post

It's tricky. I think, for me, Poison Ivy makes a great villain and a really good adversary to Batman. She's great!

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I think the environmentalism angle, her role in No Man's Land and her relationship with Harley lent themselves more naturally (no pun) to a more grayer area (even lighter than Deathstroke, who has had illicit sexual relationships with minors and oppressed his own children to an extent).

I've always been saying that Emma Frost of the 00's is the perfect standard for Ivy. Morally complex, can be pretty heroic at times, but has that edge that puts her squarely in the anti-heroine/anti-villain zone, more so than the likes of Catwoman, who is way more heroic than morally ambiguous.
    I think that's also if you are familiar with the No Man's Land story. I have never even heard of that story until like 2015. I was a huge Mainstream Batman fan that had read a few comics and knew some big stories. And I still never heard of that story. And as far as her relationship with Harley. Well for me, that was based on BTAS and Harley was her sidekick.

I think from a lot of mainstreams or casual fans point of view; Ivy is a villain. Not a "I hate her" villain but one of the greats in Batman's Rogue Gallery. And she tends to stay in that gallery. And she's a great character that I always look for in mainstream adaptations of Batman related stuff.

If some people like her as a Villain, let them. Just like if some people like her as a Anti-Villain or a Anti-Hero, let them. Even if some people like her as a Hero, let them. As long as they are not disrespecting the character or calling her negative names, it's cool.
    Last edited by WontonGirl; 12-05-2017 at 11:21 PM.

Let Her Grow: The Importance of Poison Ivy's Heroic Journey.

http://womenwriteaboutcomics.com/201...eroic-journey/

I think that's also if you are familiar with the No Man's Land story. I have never even heard of that story until like 2015. I was a huge Mainstream Batman fan that had read a few comics and knew some big stories. And I still never heard of that story. And as far as her relationship with Harley. Well for me, that was based on BTAS and Harley was her sidekick.

I think from a lot of mainstreams or casual fans point of view; Ivy is a villain. Not a "I hate her" villain but one of the greats in Batman's Rogue Gallery. And she tends to stay in that gallery. And she's a great character that I always look for in mainstream adaptations of Batman related stuff.

If some people like her as a Villain, let them. Just like if some people like her as a Anti-Villain or a Anti-Hero, let them. Even if some people like her as a Hero, let them. As long as they are not disrespecting the character or calling her negative names, it's cool.
    I thought No Man's Land was a big deal? It did influence quite a few Ivy stories and appearances in the early to mid 00's where she was primarily about protecting her orphan children. Even the original Harley Quinn solo had her based in Robinson Park and be less traditionally evil.

Just like with Harley, I think some Batman cartoons will always feature Ivy in the "Villain of the Week" category. Ditto for video games making her a boss. Her OP powers suit her to be an opponent vs. being the player's avatar like less powered/street characters like the Batfamily or Catwoman. It's the reason we've never actually had a good Superman or Wonder Woman game. So fans of Traditional Villain Ivy will always get their share's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I thought No Man's Land was a big deal? It did influence quite a few Ivy stories and appearances in the early to mid 00's where she was primarily about protecting her orphan children. Even the original Harley Quinn solo had her based in Robinson Park and be less traditionally evil.

Just like with Harley, I think some Batman cartoons will always feature Ivy in the "Villain of the Week" category. Ditto for video games making her a boss. Her OP powers suit her to be an opponent vs. being the player's avatar like less powered/street characters like the Batfamily or Catwoman. It's the reason we've never actually had a good Superman or Wonder Woman game. So fans of Traditional Villain Ivy will always get their share's worth.
    I mean the big stories that most mainstream and casual fans know about. Stories like The Killing Joke, Watchmen, Year One, For The Man Who Has Everything, The Long Halloween, HUSH, The Return of Barry Allen, Death of Superman, etc.

I think stories like NML are kind of on the same lines as Mad Love; stories that are huge within the comic book reading crowd.

As far as Ivy goes. I think what it comes down to is the debate of comic book fans vs. mainstream. That's what it really comes down to. Because a comic book fan may see the changes she had gone through. But mainstream and casual fans, perhaps they have not. But if a person likes Ivy as a Rogue, then cool. If some people like Ivy as an anti-hero, then fine.

People like what they are used to and if they read more stories and find out more about her then they will either change their minds OR stay the same. And it's cool. She doesn't need to be compared to any other character or timeline. She is a great character all on her own.

Tasia Valenza (VA for Ivy in the Arkham and Injustice games) interview on voicing Poison Ivy and why she loves her:

https://soundcloud.com/batforceradio...enza-interview

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Let Her Grow: The Importance of Poison Ivy's Heroic Journey.

http://womenwriteaboutcomics.com/201...eroic-journey/
    Beautifully written. I will say that in regards to Hush, I love that no man "or woman" (or alien!) is immune to Ivy. Ms. Rosen's comment regarding her motivation being money having made more sense if she just captivated a bank teller had me laughing out loud.

As far as Batgirl: Birds of Prey, it's my understanding that sales have been underwhelming which is why Ivy was added. I have purchased every issue featuring Ivy (and will continue to do so). Ivy's on the variant cover of next weeks issue, but she's in the shadows unfortunately.
    Last edited by buck135; 12-06-2017 at 12:38 PM.

I read the article. I learned quite a bit and I will check out those some of those stories. A few of those stories I read, I think I might have to read again because I didn't the same impression the author got on a couple of them.

I read the article. I learned quite a bit and I will check out those some of those stories. A few of those stories I read, I think I might have to read again because I didn't the same impression the author got on a couple of them.
    If you read them out of order then you will understandably miss a few things but Ms. Rosen is right in that all of those New 52 and Rebirth stories do make references to the stories and developments for Pam that came before them. As touched upon in the article, they've tried to have a redemption arc for her since No Man's Land in one capacity or the other. But a few creators (*cough cough* Paul Dini *cough*) love portraying her as a stonecold villain so their stories go against that flow, which gives the impression to fans who are not that into comics that she is still as villainous and the more morally complex tales are the exception.