Page 131 of 163 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 2439
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    Why would it not?

Are you talking about what they are talking about in this article?

https://www.thewrap.com/fox-broadcas...n-gary-newman/
    No just watching that promo, I just thought that the Joker character doesn't exactly work with Disney's image.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I can't tell if her hair's red or if it's just the lighting .

Oh and now when she's aged even more she kisses Bruce. Is he even 18 yet? I feel like that's kind of problematic given there's even more of an age difference now.
    Maybe it will be a very subtle and dark shade of red? I dunno.

Anyway yeah, kissing Lil Bruce is too much. It seems like the showrunners want to avoid criticisms of involving a woman who is still mentally a small girl with an adult man, so they ran to the other extreme and inadvertently ended up with an adult woman actress kissing a little boy. Wacky show, why didn't they just introduce a whole new adult Poison Ivy if they wanted her grown up instead of creating the most awkward character arc in television history?

Quote Originally Posted by buck135 View Post
    No just watching that promo, I just thought that the Joker character doesn't exactly work with Disney's image.
    I think one of the reasons Disney is acquiring Fox is so that they have a separate division that can produce more adult content. It used to be Touchstone Pictures before this, but Fox is a much more known brand.

I think the bigger issue could that this is a show by DC, the biggest competitor of one of Disney's own major brands. The network could drop Gotham but it could always go to The CW (like Supergirl) or DC's new streaming service (like Young Justice).

BANNED

Seriously, **** Disney. Having X-Men and FF in the MCU cannot possibly be worth creating an all-encompassing media monopoly that holds licenses to just about everything ever created in perpetuity.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    Seriously, **** Disney. Having X-Men and FF in the MCU cannot possibly be worth creating an all-encompassing media monopoly that holds licenses to just about everything ever created in perpetuity.
    Well said! This is getting ridiculous.

That mouse is going to dominate all us

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    That mouse is going to dominate all us
    Yeah

But hopefully WB will fight for Gotham, it’s bat-related after all.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    Uh, I don't think DC is going to necessarily be swallowed up Disney/Marvel. Even if Fox keeps producing the Gotham TV show, it doesn't mean Disney/Marvel suddenly owns the Bat-family, nor does it likely mean that Disney/Marvel has licensing rights to make any Batman movies or TV shows that it bloody well pleases, thankyouverymuch. I doubt WB/DC made a deal with Fox to license Gotham that was anywhere near as stupid/desperate as the one Marvel once made to license the FF and X-Men for films/video all those years ago.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Uh, I don't think DC is going to necessarily be swallowed up Disney/Marvel. Even if Fox keeps producing the Gotham TV show, it doesn't mean Disney/Marvel suddenly owns the Bat-family, nor does it likely mean that Disney/Marvel has licensing rights to make any Batman movies or TV shows that it bloody well pleases, thankyouverymuch. I doubt WB/DC made a deal with Fox to license Gotham that was anywhere near as stupid/desperate as the one Marvel once made to license the FF and X-Men for films/video all those years ago.
    As part of the deal to remaster and release the '60's TV show on DVD/blu-ray, Fox was able to produce and air Gotham. They own the rights to Gotham as well as the 60's TV show and movie. If this merger happens, Disney will own them.

I recall several Star Wars shows and video games were permanently shelved once Lucasfilm was sold to Mickey which is why I wonder about the fate of Gotham.

I just bought one of my Christmas gifts. It's a 1:10 scale statue by ArtFX (Kotobukiya). A nice, straightforward depiction of the late 90s Poison Ivy. It retails for usually under $75. The leaf wrap is removable.

IMG_0010.jpg

That looks so cool! I tend to like this outfit the best

All-New Member

For anyone interested this is a small review of the Silent Screams Poison ivy story from the New Talent Showcase.
    https://wearepoisonivyleague.tumblr....hts-new-talent

Mr Goingback also clears up the reason why Ivy "doesn't care about the kids".

Quote Originally Posted by rosenrose View Post
    For anyone interested this is a small review of the Silent Screams Poison ivy story from the New Talent Showcase.

It was a cool review. I also went to the author's Twitter page and he is promoting his story very heavily.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly Garden View Post
    I just bought one of my Christmas gifts. It's a 1:10 scale statue by ArtFX (Kotobukiya). A nice, straightforward depiction of the late 90s Poison Ivy. It retails for usually under $75. The leaf wrap is removable.

IMG_0010.jpg
    She's perfectly lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by rosenrose View Post

Neat review!

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Fox doesn't produce Gotham. DC Entertainment and Warner Bros. Television produces Gotham. And Warner Bros. Television Distribution distributes Gotham. Fox just airs original episodes.
    DC and WB own all rights to the show and the characters. WB's only agreement with Fox was that WB would only air the Batman characters on Gotham. And that Oliver Queen was allowed
    to talk about Bruce Wayne on Arrow means that it isn't totally iron clad. Plus it was Warner Bros., not Fox, that sold the video rights for Gotham to Netflix.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Fox doesn't produce Gotham. DC Entertainment and Warner Bros. Television produces Gotham. And Warner Bros. Television Distribution distributes Gotham. Fox just airs original episodes.
    DC and WB own all rights to the show and the characters. WB's only agreement with Fox was that WB would only air the Batman characters on Gotham. And that Oliver Queen was allowed
    to talk about Bruce Wayne on Arrow means that it isn't totally iron clad. Plus it was Warner Bros., not Fox, that sold the video rights for Gotham to Netflix.
    Thanks, I didn't know that. Fox does however own the '60's Batman show and movie though, right?