Page 132 of 163 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 2439

New pic of Poison Ivy from Batman, Issue #41. Ivy's arc is Issues #41-43.

DQx9rQTVoAA3wQO.jpg

Spectacular Member

Thanks for the pic WontonGirl. I'm not a fan of the New 52 suit, but that won't discourage me from picking these up.

Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    New pic of Poison Ivy from Batman, Issue #41. Ivy's arc is Issues #41-43.

DQx9rQTVoAA3wQO.jpg
    And the constant shuffling of Ivy looks/costumes continues .

Hey are any of you guys following the Harley & Ivy meet Betty & Veronica comics that just started?

Quote Originally Posted by buck135 View Post
    Thanks for the pic WontonGirl. I'm not a fan of the New 52 suit, but that won't discourage me from picking these up.
    On Tom King's post, some fans posted their own color variations of the pic as well. They are pretty cool.

Spectacular Member

Hey are any of you guys following the Harley & Ivy meet Betty & Veronica comics that just started?
    I have the first three (with their respective variants). The artwork is terrific and the story has been okay thus far. I'm with everyone else here in that I want to see Ivy break free of Harley.

Quote Originally Posted by buck135 View Post
    I have the first three (with their respective variants). The artwork is terrific and the story has been okay thus far. I'm with everyone else here in that I want to see Ivy break free of Harley.
    Yeah, it's time. It's been time but I feel like when she's with Harley, she's dumbed down or she's doesn't seem as mature. I don't know how to explain it.

Yeah, it's time. It's been time but I feel like when she's with Harley, she's dumbed down or she's doesn't seem as mature. I don't know how to explain it.
    Yeah, I was initially interested in Harley & Ivy because I thought Ivy would help Harley become more intelligent and complex. But the opposite has been true and Ivy becomes more simplistic and cartoony whenever she's paired with Clown Girl. Sigh.

I think that it depends, on the Harley comic she is definitely dumbed down/flanderized, but when written by others? She's definitely the mature friend...not that it is not difficult considering Harley's personality.

I'd dig Ivy back to her villian roots, working essentially as a solo with occasionally allying herself with Riddler, Batman & Selina, and Harley from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Yeah, I was initially interested in Harley & Ivy because I thought Ivy would help Harley become more intelligent and complex. But the opposite has been true and Ivy becomes more simplistic and cartoony whenever she's paired with Clown Girl. Sigh.
    Eh, I wouldn't say Harley is complex, but she is intelligent in her own ways. The thing is that we rarely see Ivy in a situation where wits are needed anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And the constant shuffling of Ivy looks/costumes continues .
    Lol when we were so close to being rid of that suit forever. Gorgeous artwork though. Pumped for this story.

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    Eh, I wouldn't say Harley is complex, but she is intelligent in her own ways. The thing is that we rarely see Ivy in a situation where wits are needed anymore.
    Yeah, that's what I meant. I thought they would be put in situations where they need to use their wits, intelligence and also display emotional maturity. Instead, 98% of the time all we get is Saturday morning cartoony hijinks. That's fine for an actual kid's cartoon like Justice League Action, but silly and boring when written in media directed at adults.

I never really expect much from Ivy in Harley's book because, from what I've seen, it's become such a raunchy, low-brow, comedy book that hoping for meaningful or complex character work is an exercise in futility.

Of course, in comics, that's mostly where the pairing has been relegated to so there definitely isn't much room for it to grow or develop from there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Yeah, that's what I meant. I thought they would be put in situations where they need to use their wits, intelligence and also display emotional maturity. Instead, 98% of the time all we get is Saturday morning cartoony hijinks. That's fine for an actual kid's cartoon like Justice League Action, but silly and boring when written in media directed at adults.
    At least in Justice League Action they're equal partners-in-crime, so it's not like one is really being used to prop up the other or it's a pairing that's coming at Ivy's expense. It's also not like they're attached at the hip, since Ivy's made a few appearances without Harley (and vice-versa).

Heck, speaking of her JLA appearances, I'd say Ivy has had some impressive feats, managing to fend off some of the League's heavy hitters, forming her own league of female Supervillains, and even managing to have Batman completely under her sway in one Webisode.

All the while looking fabulous.

(I'm really going to miss this show).

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    I think that it depends, on the Harley comic she is definitely dumbed down/flanderized, but when written by others? She's definitely the mature friend...not that it is not difficult considering Harley's personality.

I'd dig Ivy back to her villian roots, working essentially as a solo with occasionally allying herself with Riddler, Batman & Selina, and Harley from time to time.
    Yes I thought about Ivy working with the Riddler too before. And they all are working together in White Knight. All the Rouges I mean. It's like a Rogue party in that book, LOL!

And interestly enough, Harley is portrayed as extremely smart, not silly or clownish. Much more mature as the girlfriend of Jack Napier.

This is a darn shame that this man had to Tweet this out, again!

https://twitter.com/TomKingTK/status/940959722836054016