Page 137 of 163 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 2439

I hope these news don't mean we won't be seeing Ivy in the movie universe:

https://www.cbr.com/dc-gotham-city-sirens-delayed/

I hope she's the main villain in the Batgirl movie as rumoured or at least featured in that movie or Suicide Squad 2.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post

I hope she's the main villain in the Batgirl movie as rumoured or at least featured in that movie or Suicide Squad 2.
    I was initially annoyed, but Justice League is one of the worst films I have ever seen. The whole Zach Snyder, Ben Affleck, studio interference fiascos have also soured me on the current DCEU. Nothing could get me to watch Aquaman or Shazam despite my appreciation for their respective directors. Any one of the members on this thread could do a better job managing the DCEU.

If it were up to me, I'd make Birds of Prey a Pulp Fiction-type "interconnected vignettes" movie about the women of Gotham. One story being based on Harley and Ivy's first meeting and initial adventures, another on Barbara recovering from her Killing Joke injury and attempting to get back into the life of physical crimefighting. The third one introducing Black Canary and her life, and the final one being the formation of the Birds of Prey and the two of them going after Harley & Ivy (and maybe involve the Joker and Renee Montoya the way they were in the Harley & Ivy episode).

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    If it were up to me, I'd make Birds of Prey a Pulp Fiction-type "interconnected vignettes" movie about the women of Gotham. One story being based on Harley and Ivy's first meeting and initial adventures, another on Barbara recovering from her Killing Joke injury and attempting to get back into the life of physical crimefighting. The third one introducing Black Canary and her life, and the final one being the formation of the Birds of Prey and the two of them going after Harley & Ivy (and maybe involve the Joker and Renee Montoya the way they were in the Harley & Ivy episode).

Thoughts?
    That could really work and would be an original and refreshing take on the genre. Nice!

From reading the article and the article it referenced and in turn the article it referenced it seems like the author is confused. Originally the rumor were that the Harley Quinn spin off movie from Suicide Squad
    was going to be a Birds of Prey movie. Later it was revealed the movie would be Gotham City Sirens. If you follow the trail of references you will see the first article is just the Birds of Prey rumor article.
    This is the article that started the ball rolling. https://www.thewrap.com/harley-quinn...istina-hodson/ Notice the date: November 11, 2016. This was before it was announced that the
    movie would in fact be Gotham City Sirens. So once again CBR is just publishing a click-bait article that has no basis in fact.

That could really work and would be an original and refreshing take on the genre. Nice!
    Thanks. It's a structure that lends itself so naturally to the comic book genre too. A film based on the Gotham Girls would be the ideal candidate to experiment this on as the required budget wouldn't be as big as some other superhero tentpoles, so it's less of a risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    From reading the article and the article it referenced and in turn the article it referenced it seems like the author is confused. Originally the rumor were that the Harley Quinn spin off movie from Suicide Squad
    was going to be a Birds of Prey movie. Later it was revealed the movie would be Gotham City Sirens. If you follow the trail of references you will see the first article is just the Birds of Prey rumor article.
    This is the article that started the ball rolling. https://www.thewrap.com/harley-quinn...istina-hodson/ Notice the date: November 11, 2016. This was before it was announced that the
    movie would in fact be Gotham City Sirens. So once again CBR is just publishing a click-bait article that has no basis in fact.
    I did notice that discrepancy. But it's not just CBR, there are quite a few geeksites that are running with this news.

Having said that, the chances of David Ayer returning to the DCEU keep getting slimmer and slimmer. Margot Robbie had also spoken about developing a Harley Quinn and Gal Pals films separate from Gotham City Sirens. I think Poison Ivy appearing in the DCEU is still very likely, but her debut film may not be Gotham City Sirens.

I did notice that discrepancy. But it's not just CBR, there are quite a few geeksites that are running with this news.
    But you know how that works. One site puts out a story and the next thing you know 100 other sites are referencing that story.
    I refer you to the story in The Wrap: https://www.thewrap.com/margot-robbi...-quinn-movies/

Notice that it references a story from November 11, 2016. https://www.thewrap.com/harley-quinn...istina-hodson/

Now notice that by December 13, 2016 that the movie was now going to be Gotham City Sirens: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...lains-project-

Having said that, the chances of David Ayer returning to the DCEU keep getting slimmer and slimmer. Margot Robbie had also spoken about developing a Harley Quinn and Gal Pals films separate from Gotham City Sirens. I think Poison Ivy appearing in the DCEU is still very likely, but her debut film may not be Gotham City Sirens.
    Not saying CGS will definitely happen, but Ayer did say CGS was still in development. And again I think the 100+ sites were mis-interpreting what Robbie was saying to make it sound like we are getting 4+ Harley Quinn
    movies. Nothing in her original statement made it sound like she wasn't talking about GCS. What other Gal Pals could she be referring to other than GCS? I am calling the idea that it will be Birds of Prey again Fake News.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Not saying CGS will definitely happen, but Ayer did say CGS was still in development. And again I think the 100+ sites were mis-interpreting what Robbie was saying to make it sound like we are getting 4+ Harley Quinn movies. Nothing in her original statement made it sound like she wasn't talking about GCS. What other Gal Pals could she be referring to other than GCS? I am calling the idea that it will be Birds of Prey again Fake News.
    The interviewer specifically asked her if she was talking about GCS and she answered no, she was talking about something totally different.

(skip to about the 7:40 mark)

But she says Harley needs her "girlfriends/girl gang" and that she personally wants to see Harley with other women.

Return of Ivy controlled Robinson Park in April's MOTHER PANIC: GOTHAM A.D. #2

MOTHER PANIC: GOTHAM A.D. #2
    Written by JODY HOUSER
    Art by IBRAHIM MOUSTAFA
    Cover by TOMMY LEE EDWARDS
    To rescue the person most important to her, Mother Panic needs to break into one of the most secure buildings in Collective-controlled Gotham City—Arkham Asylum. Will Catwoman, Gotham’s greatest thief, be willing to help her in her mission? And what has Poison Ivy done to Robinson Park to turn it into a soldier-eating nightmare?
    On sale APRIL 25 • 32 pg, FC • $3.99 US • MATURE READERS

As expected, Ivy is fodder in Gotham By Gaslight. Another media adaptation like Gotham that does great by Selina but messes up Pamela.

Her Victorian era "gentleman's club" performer getup is exquisite though. Wouldn't be surprised if DC Collectibles tries to wring a figure out of the design.

Is this a Bizzaro Ivy on the cover of Superman #44?

That red lining on her costume is reminiscent of her Injustice 2 design.

SUPERMAN #44
    Written by PATRICK GLEASON and PETER J. TOMASI • Art and cover by PATRICK GLEASON • Variant cover by JONBOY MEYERS
    “BOYZARRO RE-DEATH” part three! Gathered together from the cosmic recesses of the universe are the most powerful forces of bad ever assembled! Now the Super Foes face the Legion of Fun—and the only heroes who dare to stand against this intergalactic threat of the Bizarroverse are Superman and son!
    On sale APRIL 4 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

Here's the solicitation for Damage #4 featuring Ivy:

DAMAGE #4
    Written by ROB VENDITTI • Art by CARY NORD • Cover by TONY S. DANIEL
    Poison Ivy attacks a group of fieldworkers, forcing Ethan to choose between transforming into Damage and saving them—or protecting his own sanity! And will Colonel Jonas and her squad capture him before he discovers the truth about what he really is?
    On sale APRIL 18 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

The cover for Batman #42, the second issue of the Everyone Loves Ivy three-parter (the previous Janin cover attributed to Batman #42 is apparently the cover for Batman #41).

The cover for Batman #42, the second issue of the Everyone Loves Ivy three-parter (the previous Janin cover attributed to Batman #42 is apparently the cover for Batman #41).

Thats a pretty awesome cover!

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    Thats a pretty awesome cover!
    Ivy looks like a spooky mannequin whose wig is askew. Creepily beautiful.