Page 14 of 163 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

I thought the art for the book was good. I stopped reading Harley halfway through number one so I'm not a fan of the book.

Last edited by Pinsir; 06-19-2014 at 03:09 AM.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by retical View Post
    Editorial seems to dislike her for some reason.
    Just because she's not being written the way you THINK it should be, doesn't mean that editorial "dislike her".

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Monk View Post
    Not to mention that Batman already lacks good female villains, no need to take away the only great one that he's got.
    EXACTLY!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Eldritch View Post
    Just because she's not being written the way you THINK it should be, doesn't mean that editorial "dislike her".

EXACTLY!
    My ME is not that big to require a capital YOU, so chill out.
    And Red Monk gave a clear and good answer which I respected, no need for white knights.
    Let's keep it cool in here.

I don't really care for Anti-Hero Ivy, but if DC were to ever put her (back) in the Suicide Squad, then something like that might work.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ABH-1979 View Post
    I don't really care for Anti-Hero Ivy, but if DC were to ever put her (back) in the Suicide Squad, then something like that might work.
    Ivy taking orders is a bit ... I don't know. I like her more independent. She was in Suicide Squad btw!
    I haven't read the comic. Can't find it in a decent quality for my collection.

BANNED

Let's keep it cool in here.
    But i'm "cool". I just have a different opinion of yours.

Ivy taking orders is a bit ... I don't know. I like her more independent.
    Well, with the Squad, it's not really "taking orders" willingly... plus, with Harley there, I can see her being slightly more agreeable.

She was in Suicide Squad btw! I haven't read the comic. Can't find it in a decent quality for my collection.
    Yeah, I haven't read her old Squad appearances, but I do think it could work in the New 52.

If you read my post properly, you'd have noticed I said:

I am all for a more complex characterization of Ivy

But that does not necessitate Ivy to become an anti-heroine, and I never said she should become a straight-out villain. Forever Evil is just a generally poorly-written story, and using it as the go-to for why Ivy should become an anti-heroine is really not helping your case. I could just as easily point to it and say that Batman and Catwoman make a terrible couple in general because of how their characters have been written there, when that's observably not true as evidenced by the amount of good stories featuring a Batman/Catwoman relationship.

Also, your assertion that "her best stories are where she is an antihero" is not true. Gotham City Sirens featured an anti-heroine Poison Ivy, and was an absolutely terrible comic with a dreadful characterization of Ivy. By comparison, B:TAS had some great stories with a straight-up villainous (but still multi-dimensional) Poison Ivy.

I haven't read New 52 Birds Of Prey, but you are the first person I've come across who thinks Ivy was actually written well in that comic.

Anti-Hero Catwoman: Robin-Hood-esque thief who only steals from those who "deserve" it and never harms the innocent.

Anti-Hero Poison Ivy: Eco-Warrioress who only harms those that "harm the environment" and never harms the innocent.

Slightly varying motivations, but general concept is the same.
    What? People really liked BoP Ivy, especially in #3.

Also, the best Ivy stories have always been anti-heroine like No Man's Land, Cast Shadows and the one-shot that came in 1997 to coincide with the release of Batman & Robin. Using Gotham City Sirens to disprove the notion that Ivy works as an anti-heroine is the same thing you are accusing retical of doing with Forever Evil.
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 06-19-2014 at 09:29 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    What? People really liked BoP Ivy, especially in #3.

Also, the best Ivy stories have always been anti-heroine like No Man's Land, Cast Shadows and the one-shot that came in 1997 to coincide with the release of Batman & Robin. Using Gotham City Sirens to disprove the notion that Ivy works as an anti-heroine is the same thing you are accusing retical of doing with Forever Evil.
    And of course Birds of Prey, Gothtopia, Batgirl Annual.
    In the end it's all about personal opinion
    but
    it is a fact that she fits the "antihero" role better than any other DC character.
    After Batgirl Annual even better than Catwoman.
    Of course: personal opinions.

BANNED

Poison Ivy

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Maybe anti-hero is the wrong word. She does good, she thinks she is doing the right thing. She is just killing people to do it. She may not be a full on Anti-hero, but she can save people, and never harms innocent people. So she is close to an anti-hero.

She has moved past the title of "just a bat villain" though. She has grown and most of us want her to keep growing. Nothing is wrong with her being a bat villain once i a while, like Catwoman. But she has grown past that title and we should not have to go back to a once in a blue moon villain. Also you dont have to be full on good or a anti-hero to get a ongoing or even join a team, so she can still do that. And be in Batman once in awhile.

I haven't read New 52 Birds Of Prey, but you are the first person I've come across who thinks Ivy was actually written well in that comic.
    Really? Most of us on here really love Duane's run on the character. Me being one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by ABH-1979 View Post
    Yeah, I haven't read her old Squad appearances, but I do think it could work in the New 52.
    I have read that stuff, and I really liked it. I would not mind her joining Suicide Squad at all. Its a ongoing title I could see her in. Plus it would be nice to she her work with the real new52 Harley.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    Maybe anti-hero is the wrong word. She does good, she thinks she is doing the right thing. She is just killing people to do it. She may not be a full on Anti-hero, but she can save people, and never harms innocent people. So she is close to an anti-hero.

She has moved past the title of "just a bat villain" though. She has grown and most of us want her to keep growing. Nothing is wrong with her being a bat villain once i a while, like Catwoman. But she has grown past that title and we should not have to go back to a once in a blue moon villain. Also you dont have to be full on good or a anti-hero to get a ongoing or even join a team, so she can still do that. And be in Batman once in awhile.

Really? Most of us on here really love Duane's run on the character. Me being one of them.

I have read that stuff, and I really liked it. I would not mind her joining Suicide Squad at all. Its a ongoing title I could see her in. Plus it would be nice to she her work with the real new52 Harley.

I would like to see her going against Suicide Squad Harley (and taking her small revenge for all those times Harley betrayed her hahaha).
    I'd like to see her taking down Harley for murdering all those kids. But I guess DC wants to leave this behind.

I just had a weird Poison Ivy dream

> was there on Watchtower
    > Darkseid and a bunch of other villains escape from a prison there, however it was implied that Ivy here was good and helped the heroes in this situation
    > heroes are eventually over run, many captured
    > turns out that Ivy was a robot, real Ivy on Earth
    > real Ivy returns t watchtower to see whats going on, accidentally meets Darkseid
    > thinks Darkseid is going to vaporize her, but ignores her
    > when she asks why he says he has no reason to attack a minor user in the Power Cosmic (his words)
    > takes this as a reason to attack the rest of the JL

END
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Runty Shrimbo appreciates her.
    GROW.jpg

First post!

As a Batman fan ,I love Poison Ivy. I think since she changed from being a mind controller to a all powerful being like Swamp thing, she started to be her own character rather than just a Batman villain, the next step in her evolution was to became an anti hero

Not enough mad to be a full time Batman villain, works better as a misguided woman, I think