Page 141 of 163 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 2439

The base and plants are crazy too:

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post

I normally don't care for statues but this one is perfect! Great sculpt and so many details!

Here you go:

Holy s### she's stunning!
    Every time I look at her, I stay captivated. The creators put in a LOT of effort here lol

Ivy from the first page of the Batman #41 preview:

See the rest of the preview here: https://www.cbr.com/exclusive-batman-41/

Mighty Member

Now that is a fantastic detailed model with everything and plants straight out of a Resident Evil game

Dustin Nguyen, Li'l Gotham omnibus cover. You know the drill.

dbac4cde-22c6-4873-8700-0aac7e3085f1.jpg
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

This is maybe more related to the Batman #41 thread, but I've heard a theory floated that Ivy's not actually controlling the whole planet, just Bruce and Selina, and making them think that. If so, the why isn't any more clear than it is now.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    This is maybe more related to the Batman #41 thread, but I've heard a theory floated that Ivy's not actually controlling the whole planet, just Bruce and Selina, and making them think that. If so, the why isn't any more clear than it is now.
    I figure her motivation is what she states in the book "I have 7.6 Billion people. I have the world. I'm going to make it better..... I want you to know, as we fix what has been so broken... I am genuinely sorry that you can't be part of it. "

I think she is bring her powers to bear to try and "fix" the world (according to her POV)- which makes sense if we consider her primary motivation may be to defend the natural world. If she was just fooling with Bruce and Selina's brains then what would be the motivation? She only figures out Bruce is Batman because he managed to find the loophole to her powers (the lead box analogy) so it would have to be just about going after Selina, and that doesn't feel in character - it's too small and petty a goal.

Quote Originally Posted by K Nikk View Post
    If she was just fooling with Bruce and Selina's brains then what would be the motivation?
    Much like Bruce, I don't know yet.

Amazing Member

This may be an odd question, but it's one I've wondered for some time now:

Are there any stories that explore the possibility that maybe, just maybe... Ivy's right?

That the planet does need to be saved. That we need to do something, and now.

She's always struck me as, in a lot of ways, far more hero than villain. So, yeah.

Are there any stories like that? Or do they all just live in my imagination?

Offhand, I recall the New 52 Birds of Prey touching on that a bit early on. Same with Batgirl Annual #2 from the same era. But my memory's fuzzy on both.

Quote Originally Posted by willtupper View Post
    This may be an odd question, but it's one I've wondered for some time now:

Are there any stories that explore the possibility that maybe, just maybe... Ivy's right?

That the planet does need to be saved. That we need to do something, and now.

She's always struck me as, in a lot of ways, far more hero than villain. So, yeah.

Are there any stories like that? Or do they all just live in my imagination?
    John Francis Moore's Batman: Poison Ivy one-shot from 1997

The entire No Man's Land phase for Ivy

Ann Nocenti's Batman and Poison Ivy: Cast Shadows

The New 52 stories Caivu mentioned

Amy Chu's Poison Ivy: Cycle of Life and Death miniseries

Scott Snyder's All-Star Batman #7

Hope Larson's Batgirl #6, Francis Manapul's opening arc of Trinity and the Benson Sisters' take on her in Batgirl and the Birds of Prey also showed her in a more heroic than negative light. In other media, Ivy gradually became a do-gooder in the Arkham games too. And of course, there's DC Super Hero Girls where she's a bonafide superheroine.
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 02-26-2018 at 09:11 AM.

BANNED

What about Alan Grant's stories and LOTDK: Hothouse or was it Hotspot.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    That would be a great twist. If that's true then I wonder whether it is to show Batman how he's been the one holding her down. Instead of seeing her viewpoint and helping her educate mankind regarding environmental issues, he continued to beat her down which in turn maintained humanity's apathy and negligence towards the ecosystem. How frustrating it was for her to see the greedy corporate controlled world and how Batman's actions against her helped sustain the exploitative status quo, hence harming the very society he was sworn to protect. So now she want him to see how it feels to have the shoe on the other foot and make him finally see the world as she sees it. Selina probably just got caught in the crossfire due to Bruce injecting her with the "serum", ironically and fittingly Bruce making things worse in his misguided attempts to "protect" her.

Anyhoo, that's my theory. I'd be surprised if it turns out to be something along those lines.
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 02-26-2018 at 09:09 AM.

Spectacular Member

That would be a great twist. If that's true then I wonder whether it is to show Batman how he's been the one holding her down. Instead of seeing her viewpoint and helping her educate mankind regarding environmental issues, he continued to beat her down which in turn maintained humanity's apathy and negligence towards the ecosystem. How frustrating it was for her to see the greedy corporate controlled world and how Batman's actions against her helped sustain the exploitative status quo, hence harming the very society he was sworn to protect. So now she want him to see how it feels to have the shoe on the other foot and make him finally see the world as she sees it. Selina probably just got caught in the crossfire due to Bruce injecting her with the "serum", ironically and fittingly Bruce making things worse in his misguided attempts to "protect" her.

Anyhoo, that's my theory. I'd be surprised if it turns out to be something along those lines.
    She didn't know Bruce was batman until it turned out he was the only one not to succumb to the mind control. I think that making this all about convincing Batman is a disservice to Ivy. She is taking the reigns here to do what she thinks needs to be done, not teaching Batman a lesson (so that Batman can then do what needs to be done?). King put up a great image today of superman hovering over Wayne manor with the caption "house arrest". She is saying "you tried, now let me do the work". That's my take on it. can't wait for next week!