Page 142 of 163 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152 ... LastLast
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 2439

Quote Originally Posted by K Nikk View Post
    She didn't know Bruce was batman until it turned out he was the only one not to succumb to the mind control. I think that making this all about convincing Batman is a disservice to Ivy. She is taking the reigns here to do what she thinks needs to be done, not teaching Batman a lesson (so that Batman can then do what needs to be done?). King put up a great image today of superman hovering over Wayne manor with the caption "house arrest". She is saying "you tried, now let me do the work". That's my take on it. can't wait for next week!
    It depends on what continuity King's stories take place in. Has Ivy been close to Selina in his continuity? If that's the case, then it would be pretty easy for Pam to put two and two together and deduce the secret of Selina's new beau, knowing what she knows about Selina's dalliances with the Bat. Ivy could have then set it all up for Bruce to play along to her plan.

And "teaching Batman a lesson" is Ivy taking the reigns and doing what she thinks needs to be done. If she cannot defeat the biggest obstacle standing between her and her goals, then might as well make him see her perspective. It would also be pretty groundbreaking if Poison Ivy ends up being the villain who proved to her arch nemesis that she was the one who was (more) in the right all along.

Anyway though, I don't think it is very likely that's how things will turn out. This story has multiple fascinating directions it could potentially go in. Even the least interesting possibility of Ivy simply mindcontrolling everyone so that they finally live in harmony with Nature could have some layers of complexity to it. So I'm curious. And that wonderful art makes it a win-win situation in any scenario.
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 02-26-2018 at 11:36 AM.

Frank Cho variant for Harley Quinn #40

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    It depends on what continuity King's stories take place in. Has Ivy been close to Selina in his continuity? If that's the case, then it would be pretty easy for Pam to put two and two together and deduce the secret of Selina's new beau, knowing what she knows about Selina's dalliances with the Bat. Ivy could have then set it all up for Bruce to play along to her plan.

And "teaching Batman a lesson" is Ivy taking the reigns and doing what she thinks needs to be done. If she cannot defeat the biggest obstacle standing between her and her goals, then might as well make him see her perspective. It would also be pretty groundbreaking if Poison Ivy ends up being the villain who proved to her arch nemesis that she was the one who was (more) in the right all along.

Anyway though, I don't think it is very likely that's how things will turn out. This story has multiple fascinating directions it could potentially go in. Even the least interesting possibility of Ivy simply mindcontrolling everyone so that they finally live in harmony with Nature could have some layers of complexity to it. So I'm curious. And that wonderful art makes it a win-win situation in any scenario.
    Regarding knowing Bruce is batman: I thought the point of the superman/joker story and the lead boxes was the analogy to "take over every mind, the one mind that gets away is batman". that was my interpretation.

I can really see this arc as one where Bruce wrestles with his sympathy for the motivation of his villain but the method is so wrong that it has to be stopped (of course). That means what happens AFTER is just as important as what happens during.

Edited because...well, I didn't know how the thread would take it so never mind.

I've been ignoring all the Ivy related articles by Bleeding Cool, but now even IGN is criticising the zero consistency in Ivy's moral compass

I feel this discussion is a little premature before the conclusion of the arc and when we don't exactly know what Ivy's motivations are.

Make sure to catch the Gotham premiere, the new Ivy is in it. Looks like she is about to become a featured villain in the series, I rather like the direction they are taking her.

The Line It Is Drawn's Matt Sandbrook draws Ivy posing as another iconic Uma Thurman character, Pulp Fiction's Mia Wallace:

BANNED

This cartoon has somehow managed to portray Ivy just as a straight up cutesy good girl and made it work somehow. Small chance of that interpretation ever making it into the comics, but hey, you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    This cartoon has somehow managed to portray Ivy just as a straight up cutesy good girl and made it work somehow. Small chance of that interpretation ever making it into the comics, but hey, you never know.
    With her visuals being similar to forest nymph motifs and her deep love for Nature, it always was super easy to make Ivy an all-out cutesy heroine for kids. Especially post-Ferngully: The Last Rainforest. Remember that film? I think this series also basically made her Elsa with plant powers.

Save for King's take on her and Suicide Squad Metal, every other Ivy appearance in Rebirth so far has portrayed her in a more heroic light. So much so that it wouldn't be unbelievable to think Rebirth Ivy was actually the grown-up version of DCSHG Ivy, albeit more jaded now.

Harley and Ivy Meet Betty and Veronica #6 cover by Marc Andreyko

Anybody here reading this book? It's been consistently placing well in the Top 100, which is really good for a miniseries, moreso for one that is a crossover with characters from Archie Comics. Apparently Sabrina's involved too so now I gotta pick this up.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Harley and Ivy Meet Betty and Veronica #6 cover by Marc Andreyko

Anybody here reading this book? It's been consistently placing well in the Top 100, which is really good for a miniseries, moreso for one that is a crossover with characters from Archie Comics. Apparently Sabrina's involved too so now I gotta pick this up.
    I've read it. And I grew up on Archie Comics so I think personally, my time for Archie has passed BUT I have been reading the series.

I think it's good for Harley/Ivy fans, Harley fans and of course Archie comic fans that are into Betty & veronica's separate adventures. I mean, I always say, give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    I've read it. And I grew up on Archie Comics so I think personally, my time for Archie has passed BUT I have been reading the series.

I think it's good for Harley/Ivy fans, Harley fans and of course Archie comic fans that are into Betty & veronica's separate adventures. I mean, I always say, give it a shot.
    Thank you. It was already getting too irresistible for me with Ivy, Veronica and Sabrina interacting in the same story, so glad to hear that it's actually fun too!

Anyone else enjoying the Gotham TV series version of Ivy Pepper? She is starting to come of her own with the plant based weapons. Ivy now even has the flowers that have weaponized pollen.

I think Gotham is doing a good job developing the main villains so far. Ivy is being set up as a ruthless ecoterrorist, but I think they could easily turn her into more of an anti-hero if they wished. I like how she infects people with a mutated strain of Posion Ivy that feeds off the host bodies, that is something new for the character I beleive. I was suprised how prominet she was featured in the first two epidodes of the season and how it took Ivy to snap Bruce back to his Batman path.

Quote Originally Posted by darkeyes View Post
    I think Gotham is doing a good job developing the main villains so far. Ivy is being set up as a ruthless ecoterrorist, but I think they could easily turn her into more of an anti-hero if they wished. I like how she infects people with a mutated strain of Posion Ivy that feeds off the host bodies, that is something new for the character I beleive. I was suprised how prominet she was featured in the first two epidodes of the season and how it took Ivy to snap Bruce back to his Batman path.
    Inspired by The Long Halloween, where she had Bruce's body covered in ivy leaves when he was under her thrall.