Page 146 of 163 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 2439

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    Is there any reason to ever have had Ivy locked in Arkham? It'd be something if Arkham actually did it's job and actually helped her in a way, evolving her as a character. However, what I'm getting lately is that she was always benevolent and appreciative of human life. Maybe that issue with the men in the park (which I remember being self defense, I'll have to go back and look again) is starting to make me say "really?"
    Neil Gaiman was the one who introduced the idea of Ivy as an Arkham inmate for his mid-80's Black Orchid series, as that story required her to be an inmate in the asylum whom the protagonist needed to visit. In that very first Arkham appearance, Ivy showed redemptive qualities by taking responsibility for her actions.

As you can see, he also introduced the concept of Ivy wilting and shrivelling up like a real plant when denied sunlight in Arkham. One would think such a miserable situation would have only worsened her mental state, not improved it like Arkham was supposed to. Ann Nocenti's Cast Shadows explores a situation where a highrise built across from Arkham blocks the sunlight from coming into Ivy's cell and how that lack of sunlight affected her. But other than that, there was no attention given to the fact of how terrible Arkham Asylum truly was for Poison Ivy and how sending her there only perpetuated her mental instability and kept her from recovering, if not made things worse. Ivy confronting Arkham for its ineptitude in failing to rehabilitate her would make for an interesting story.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    Is there any reason to ever have had Ivy locked in Arkham? It'd be something if Arkham actually did it's job and actually helped her in a way, evolving her as a character. However, what I'm getting lately is that she was always benevolent and appreciative of human life. Maybe that issue with the men in the park (which I remember being self defense, I'll have to go back and look again) is starting to make me say "really?"
    If not for Ivy in Arkham, we'd never have heard Batman say "Just stay where you are. Last thing I need is you running free" in the Rocksteady Arkham Asylum game. That line gets me every time.

Joelle Jones shared a Selina and Pamela piece on her art blog:

I wonder if Ivy will appear in the new Catwoman series. Both of the other two Sirens have their own titles, does DC have something in store for Ivy? Is Sanctuary going to be a series and will she be a regular in it?

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Joelle Jones shared a Selina and Pamela piece on her art blog:

I wonder if Ivy will appear in the new Catwoman series. Both of the other two Sirens have their own titles, does DC have something in store for Ivy? Is Sanctuary going to be a series and will she be a regular in it?
    Joelle Jones and her stunning art .

I think it's been said a few times that Sanctuary isn't going to be a new comic but appear across the DCU, but plans might change.

Ultimate Member

Actually from that pic I'm left to wonder where Selina's left hand is...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Actually from that pic I'm left to wonder where Selina's left hand is...
    Proof of Selina's bisexuality being canon in Rebirth.

Ultimate Member

Well then again Ivy doesn't exactly look upset by the location of Selina's hand either...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Well then again Ivy doesn't exactly look upset by the location of Selina's hand either...
    Unsurprising. Riddler in Hush implied that Ivy had a crush on Selina.

Ultimate Member

Also now makes me wonder if Bruce and Selina never told most about their wedding because of the number of people who'd then want to object during that part of the ceremony...and I wonder how Harley would like that bit of info Confuzzled...

Lynee Yoshii commission depicting the Sirens with the Bat-Bride

Wow, that is great!

Well that face turn didn't last long now did it?

Ultimate Member

Well from the cover she doesn't seem to be attacking random people or civilians but a guy that can cause a lot of damage...