Page 152 of 163 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162 ... LastLast
Results 2,266 to 2,280 of 2439

Batman# 50 Michael Turner & Peter Steigerwald Aspen Comics Exclusive Variant

Ivy's part of the first 5 characters kicking off Funko's new DC Super Heroes 5 Star line in August:

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Oh yikes! The Green sounds like Jennifer Lawrence's character from mother! It will be interesting to see a confrontation between Ivy and a personification of The Green.
    Well, Ivy is the warlike personification of the Green . or more accurately, green-skinned Ivy is the "evil" Ivy wanting to kill humans to save the plants, being influenced by the Green, while white-skinned Ivy is the "heroic" one, who wants to protect nature but also find a way to not wipe out mankind. At least, it's how it's depicted in Damage.

Ivy's part of the first 5 characters kicking off Funko's new DC Super Heroes 5 Star line in August:

This art is gorgeous!

This is very cute. I don't collect statues normally but I may get Ivy and Harley.

Ah, I see that the people at Aspen haven't finished extracting the marrow out of Michael Turner's long-decomposed corpse yet! What next? Selling the doodles he left on Dairy Queen napkins as "new, original, never-seen-before artwork"?

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Well, Ivy is the warlike personification of the Green . or more accurately, green-skinned Ivy is the "evil" Ivy wanting to kill humans to save the plants, being influenced by the Green, while white-skinned Ivy is the "heroic" one, who wants to protect nature but also find a way to not wipe out mankind. At least, it's how it's depicted in Damage.
    Lol, shades of DCAU's "Flower Girl" twist with green skinned Ivy being a more evil version while regular skinned Ivy being more redeemable. So how did they depict the change from the green skin to white in Damage?

Basically, as Ivy was breaking the Green's influence (or Grodd's, it wasn't really clear) her skin turned white, and green when the Green/Grodd was ascendant.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Basically, as Ivy was breaking the Green's influence (or Grodd's, it wasn't really clear) her skin turned white, and green when the Green/Grodd was ascendant.
    Okay, thanks Maybe I should check it out but it seems too much of a rethread of other stories like Francis Manapul's Trinity opener, Everyone Loves Ivy and the aforementioned Flower Girl tale from the DCAU based comics.

I'm a little nervous for Ivy going forward as the synopsis for Heroes in Crisis hints that everyone in Sanctuary is murdered when the story starts. I hope I'm wrong though as I think it would be pointless for King to have such a character driven arc for Ivy in Everyone Loves Ivy, only to kill her off a few months later.

I'm a little nervous for Ivy going forward as the synopsis for Heroes in Crisis hints that everyone in Sanctuary is murdered when the story starts. I hope I'm wrong though as I think it would be pointless for King to have such a character driven arc for Ivy in Everyone Loves Ivy, only to kill her off a few months later.
    I agree it would be a massive disservice to the character to kill her off given Ivy’s recent development. However she is seen on the cover unlike the other robed anonymous heroes so I’m taking that as a positive.

Actually I'm kind of worried about the possibility that she'll be the killer.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Actually I'm kind of worried about the possibility that she'll be the killer.
    Maybe it will be an M. Night Shyamalan-esque twist where Ivy emits plant pheromones that drive people to kill themselves.

On a serious note, I don't think she's the killer as it says Harley is one of the prime suspects for the murders, so it's unlikely Ivy will in any way frame or implicate Harley for her own crimes. Unless Ivy somehow commits the murders by accident?

Lego's upcoming DC Super Heroes Set has a buildable Poison Ivy plant mecha

76117 – Batman™ Mech vs. Poison Ivy™ Mech

Launching January 1, 2019

Piece count 375

Price $39.99

Age 7+

Includes 4 minifigures: Batman™, Poison Ivy™, The Flash™ and Firefly .
    Batman™ Mech features an opening minifigure cockpit, posable arms and legs, gripping hands to grab a minifigure, dual stud shooter, spinning saw blade and a retractable net shooter
    Poison Ivy™ Mech features a minifigure cockpit, stud shooter, posable branch ‘arms’, gripping poison ivy leaf ‘hand’ to grab a minifigure and collapse function.
    Knock over the Poison Ivy™ Mech with the saw blade.

Includes 10 assorted new-for-December-2018 translucent-orange Power Burst elements to customize your builds, minifigures and tools.
    LEGO’s Batman Mech vs. Poison Ivy Mech set will be available January 1st, 2019.

Synopsis for DC Universe's Harley Quinn animated show:

Harley Quinn follows Harley’s adventures after she breaks up with the Joker and strikes out on her own in this new adult animated comedy. With the help of Poison Ivy and a ragtag crew of DC castoffs, Harley tries to earn a seat at the biggest table in villainy: the Legion of the Doom.
    I wonder if Ivy already has her seat at the Legion table.

Another Michael Turner variant for #50