Page 16 of 163 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Green Ghost View Post
    It is cool that she's in the show an getting attention, but I am not that happy about the name-change...and the blue eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    The name change is really disappointing and disrespectful. Although I'm curios to see how they will portray her
    I think they changed her name so that they can actually call her "Ivy" in the show, and it make sense.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    The name change is really disappointing and disrespectful. Although I'm curios to see how they will portray her
    I am really starting to dislike all things regarding to live action since they cannot respect comic book characters. I am more an animation guy anyway where characters are not shame for who they are and can be who they are.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ABH-1979 View Post
    I think they changed her name so that they can actually call her "Ivy" in the show, and it make sense.
    I understand your point but they could have call her Pamela Ivy Lillian Isley or Pamela Ivy Isley instead and use the ''Ivy'' as some kind of name to use for people friendly to Poison Ivy. But no lest change things for the sake of changing things.
    Last edited by Bat007007; 06-25-2014 at 05:00 PM.

The new name is unfortunate and unnecessary. I always thought Pamela Isley had a really nice ring to it and they could have just added Ivy in between as nickname or something.

Anyway, concept artist Miles Steve created this for Batman & Robin. Fantastic

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Thats really interesting art, very ummm sharp haha.

As far as the name thing, it does bug me, but not that much. They could have done it because the name Pamela is not commonly know to well currently by non batman fans. But I would love to had her keep her name.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

I don't get how "Pamela Isley" is any less recognizable than "Oswald Cobblepot". By that logic they should have renamed him Pengy McWengy.

Spectacular Member

The new name bothers me. DC can't understand that the character is popular and recognisable.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

I really think thats the problem, I was not saying that that name is less recognizable, just that the creators (which don't have a lot to do with dc, I think it was a writers move, not DC themselves, I think they have little to do with this show other then checking things and stuff like that) and the writers don't think the name is recognizable.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by nepenthes View Post
    The new name is unfortunate and unnecessary. I always thought Pamela Isley had a really nice ring to it and they could have just added Ivy in between as nickname or something.

Don't touch me I'm poison!

Spectacular Member

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Bat007007 View Post
    I understand your point but they could have call her Pamela Ivy Lillian Isley or Pamela Ivy Isley instead and use the ''Ivy'' as some kind of name to use for people friendly to Poison Ivy. But no lest change things for the sake of changing things.
    Yes! This! Ivy as a nickname or middle name would be perfect!

Spectacular Member

It's Mad Max Ivy!

Wow.. They.. Ah, they really took the obsession with putting nipples on all the costumes too far at one point, didn't they?