Page 160 of 163 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160161162163 LastLast
Results 2,386 to 2,400 of 2439

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    This may be a strange opinion, but isn't killing Ivy to move Harleys character forward, just fridging Ivy? Like it or not, they are kinda partners, and as we have seen in the past, killing a characters girlfriend to move that character forward is the wrong thing to do. Just thinking out loud here haha.
    If the only purpose of a death in comics is to move the arc of the hero-protagonist forward, then yes, I'd call it a fridging. I'd also add that either the victim must be a woman or the hero-protagonist must be a man to truly fit the pattern.

That it all happens off-camera just makes the fridging connotations stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    If the only purpose of a death in comics is to move the arc of the hero-protagonist forward, then yes, I'd call it a fridging. I'd also add that either the victim must be a woman or the hero-protagonist must be a man to truly fit the pattern.

That it all happens off-camera just makes the fridging connotations stronger.
    So... Ivy may be the start of a new sub-trope in comics: lesbian fridging

I will say that the no body thing is a tad suspicious. Also, King had said at NYCC that Ivy will "feature heavily" in HiC. Whether that's through flashbacks, some weird manifestation of Harley's imagined subconcious, or an actual plot twist remains to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I think it's already here, see Dead Lesbian Syndrome (TVTropes), or for a relatively recent example, the film Atomic Blonde.

I will say that the no body thing is a tad suspicious. Also, King had said at NYCC that Ivy will "feature heavily" in HiC. Whether that's through flashbacks, some weird manifestation of Harley's imagined subconcious, or an actual plot twist remains to be seen.
    Or they go the baby-Poison Ivy-route, though I'm not sure how that will fit her character at all. It worked with Groot because he was basically a child at heart; Poison Ivy… isn't.

King basically gave us the comic equivalent of Tara's death in Buffy.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    I think it's already here, see Dead Lesbian Syndrome (TVTropes), or for a relatively recent example, the film Atomic Blonde.

Or they go the baby-Poison Ivy-route, though I'm not sure how that will fit her character at all. It worked with Groot because he was basically a child at heart; Poison Ivy… isn't.
    Yeah being a lesbian or being gay in general doesn't make you immune from death esp when your homicidal villain, but then again that what happen when your partner is a star

how many times has lois kicked the bucket for supes

That's sad...I hope it's just a plot twist and she'll appear later and save the day or something. Getting killed like this, off panel, just for Harley's development is a disrespect for such a complex and rich character with a huge fan base.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    King basically gave us the comic equivalent of Tara's death in Buffy.
    Speaking of Buffy, guess who Sarah Michelle Gellar dressed up as for Halloween 2016?

She seems to be quite the DC fan as she has also dressed as Raven and Harley in 2017 and 2018 respectively.

Speaking of Buffy, guess who Sarah Michelle Gellar dressed up as for Halloween 2016?

She seems to be quite the DC fan as she has also dressed as Raven and Harley in 2017 and 2018 respectively.
    I'm surprised she hasn't done any voice work for any of DC's animated projects given a lot of Whedon show alumni have been involved with them.

Poison Ivy: Queer Adventures In Feminism And Ecology.

She is a rebel. She is a queer woman in STEM, a single mother of three, feminist, environmentalist, activist who in the past ten years has saved Gotham and even the whole world more times than many heroes.

Not sure if/when this was already shared here, but from 2013's "Villains Month":

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

I know I may be alone...But man, when drawn by the right person, I really do love that costume!
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

While it’s not the exact same look, I love the black body suit look. Especially when it’s drawn by Olivier Coipel!

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    I know I may be alone...But man, when drawn by the right person, I really do love that costume!
    You are not alone, it’s a pretty great design. Jesus Saiz made it work in Birds of Prey as did Javier Pina. I also liked the black eyes back then.

Also love it in this image by Stjepan Sejic
    CAF999A7-E8EB-4ABA-8D99-C67B4ED2D2DB.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    While it’s not the exact same look, I love the black body suit look. Especially when it’s drawn by Olivier Coipel!

I really like this version too. It is further away from the original idea of an organic costume, but I love that it combines it with her classic look.
    Last edited by Green Ghost; 11-20-2018 at 01:01 PM.

A live performance of "Welcome to Eden" by Leslie Hudson, including a short intro to Poison Ivy, including that her orphanage in Robinson Park was the best orphanage ever.

The studio version of the song (and the record "The Redhead League" it is part of) is available on Bandcamp. There you can also find the lyrics.