Page 161 of 163 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163 LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 2439

Another issue of Heroes in Crisis and still only a hint at Ivy’s death, no body was shown or anything. Seems like King wants to pospond the big reveal. It has probably to do with the Harley variant cover and her worst moment.

But I still wonder about this mysterious figure in Doomsday Clock, that’s why I think about some possible outcomes for her:
    - Ivy is dead and this could be a replacement. I was thinking Hazel, one of her daughters, because of the skin tone and the short hair.
    - Ivy somehow survived and will be turned into a villain again hanging out with the other Gotham rogues like in the 70s- early 90s. This could be the reason they only mention Tatooed Man being killed at Sanctuary and not Ivy who is well more known in Gotham.
    - Another scenario would be her surviving, but cut all ties to Harley and humanity and just connects more with the Green somewhere. This is mostly because of the hints in Damage.

Solstice was easily one of my favorite post-NTT Titans. This just sucks.

Margot Robbie wants Poison Ivy in the DCEU, calls the Harley and Ivy relationship "one of her favourite aspects from the comics" and has been thinking about casting choices for Ivy!

Source

I'd be interested to see if the treatment of the other members of the Birds of Prey in the upcoming movie will be indicative of how Ivy might be handled when paired with Robbie's Harley.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd be interested to see if the treatment of the other members of the Birds of Prey in the upcoming movie will be indicative of how Ivy might be handled when paired with Robbie's Harley.
    I think they are using Harley as a launching pad for the Birds of Prey to become their own separate franchise (maybe with Batgirl/Oracle), while Harley continues to be her own thing. So maybe the third film featuring HQ will have Ivy. From Robbie's comments, it sounds like she wants Ivy to have a more prominent role than the 4 announced BoP who have to share screen space not just with Harley but with each other.

Jimmy Palmiotti on his casting preference for Ivy in the DCEU:

An unknown would be best, and an amazing one at best. I love the idea of a non-star.
    http://disq.us/p/1xt4anm

I agree a lesser known actress would be fine. But Eva Green is still my top choice. Or Rachel Evan Wood for a younger version.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post

Solstice was easily one of my favorite post-NTT Titans. This just sucks.
    That's the best Solstice has looked since the reboot back in 2011. I really hope none of them are dead and if so, then I hope all of their deaths get reversed.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

penetrator of things
    hi my name is tako and i like to grow leeks
    @takoleeks

Yeee, people are not gonna be happy with this cover. spoilers:
    Showing her death on the cover is one thing, but having her land on her bust with her ass sticking out? Ugh.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I don't think they're even using the right costume .
    end of spoilers

Well, don’t know what to say...at least we know now.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Yeee, people are not gonna be happy with this cover. spoilers:
    Showing her death on the cover is one thing, but having her land on her bust with her ass sticking out? Ugh.
    end of spoilers
    Ugh indeed...
    spoilers:
    this is kinda bad taste. “So yeah, we killed Poison Ivy for nothing, but look how sexy she looks dead.”
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Green Ghost; 12-13-2018 at 12:26 PM.

Can I get more of her in Damage ? She was actually great in there. And alive. It was better than that.

spoilers:
    I think killing off Poison Ivy is a bad idea, and I think killing off all the other characters like this is also a bad idea. But this alleged cover is a REALLY bad idea.

Looking at the other Heroes in Crisis main covers (I didn't find #5) and comparing them with this makes clear it sticks out like a sore thumb, provided this is the intended main cover.

#1: A group picture of superheroes in mourning
    #2: Batman being angry while held by Harley Quinn
    #3: Someone (Booster Gold? Batman?) holding a bloody Sanctuary mask
    #4: Harley Quinn with a smoking gun over the corpse of Wally West
    #5: Couldn't find
    #6: Roy Harper being badass while overmatched
    #7: Poison Ivy being a very sexy corpse, with a look up her cleavage and her butt sticking out, staring at us

So out of six covers, only two shows a dead body, and only one—Ivy—has the dead body being the focus of the cover. Ivy is also draped into a boobs-and-butt pose. The only possible saving grace is that Ivy glares accusingly at the watcher and us readers, but otherwise this is probably the most tone deaf DC cover that I know of since the infamous cover with the Joker holding Babs hostage back in 2015.
    end of spoilers

This whole thing is cheap sensationalism I’m genuinely disappointed in DC and especially Tom King I thought he was better than this.