Page 2 of 163 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

I agree with the people who say that the annual would be a great starting point to do an Ivy ongoing series. This SAD thing gives her yet another bit of character dimension. A solo book would be a great place to explore her complexity even more.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I agree with the people who say that the annual would be a great starting point to do an Ivy ongoing series. This SAD thing gives her yet another bit of character dimension. A solo book would be a great place to explore her complexity even more.
    I agree. Batgirl Annual proved that theres is so much to explore with Ivy beyond "Generic Villain no216478" and "Lol Harley and Ivy"

BANNED

Also, here's Poison by Alice Cooper, as it is clearly Ivy's song.

These were on the DC site. Not sure if they are still there.

#InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    I'm a huge fan of Ivy when she isn't written as a two-dimensional generic psychopath.

Her appearance in the new Batgirl Annual was just about perfect. She's a force of nature. She doesn't consider herself human.....but she clearly still is. She wants to save the world.....her only failing on that front is in her methods.

Great character. Needs more love.
    Yeah I like when she's portrayed a sympathetic but only a little extreme.

When she's written as a full villain, there's kind of a disturbing (unintentional, I'm sure) subtext of a corporate billionaire beating up the evil environmentalist.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post

When she's written as a full villain, there's kind of a disturbing (unintentional, I'm sure) subtext of a corporate billionaire beating up the evil environmentalist.
    Very true.

At the end of the day, when Ivy is just a straight-up "Kill, kill, kill" character, it's much too easy to just root for Batman to take her down. We can still acknowledge that her cause is a good one, but we just don't feel quite as sympathetic because Ivy has just gone too far and we WANT Mr. Billionaire Industrialist to kick her ass and throw her in prison.

When, on the other hand, Ivy is a complex character who tries to help the world and can actually show a sense of compassion, mercy, and a genuine desire to do good? Suddenly, it's not as easy to cheer when Batman takes her down.

Ivy is the kind of villain Batman should almost NEVER go straight to "Beat Her Down and Lock Her Up Mode." He should always try to talk her down first. He should appeal to her reason, because unlike the Joker, Ivy actually HAS some reason. Even when he DOES have to take Ivy down, I'm a firm believer that he should always try to handle her with kid gloves. And the best possible Ivy stories should always leave Bruce questioning whether or not he ultimately did the right thing by stopping her.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post

Well Batman also pummels confirmed insane people. Many of whom lack the ability to control there own actions.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Spectacular Member

Ivy going murderous and stuff doesn't even make sense. She can seduce, mind control, create hallucinations and many other cool stuff. Why would she kill someone and have Batman chasing her? Also most of the times (when she is written well) Ivy has a point. I mean global warming, destruction of the planet, pollution, are all some very serious issues. I hope that after this annual DC will reconsider her part in the DCU.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post

Also, here's Poison by Alice Cooper, as it is clearly Ivy's song.
    Is it just me or do these images look like they are Mary Jane Watson cosplaying as Ivy instead of Ivy herself.

Oh, and there IS a Poison Ivy fan tribute video using Poison.

Quote Originally Posted by retical View Post
    So we lost every post?
    Back from the start?
    It's okay. Poison Ivy and her Flower Children always grow back.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    It's okay. Poison Ivy and her Flower Children always grow back.
    Haha the Ivy thread was not the biggest one in post count :P we will make it back up!

I really thing they can't go back to just crazy killer Ivy now...the way she was in the annual and in BoP should be the way Ivy is from now on. At least in the main DCU.
    PLEASE READ CLOAK & DAGGER IN SAVAGE AVENGERS!
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. Marvel: Savage Avengers, She Hulk. Dynamite: Vampirella.
    Support Indie Comics: Coffin Comics, Lion Forge, and so much more!!!
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Spectacular Member

Absinthe/Poison Ivy
    The Green Fairy!

Ivy is one of my favorite female villains in comics, having said that there is a scan from "Batman: Shadow of the Bat Annual #5 I Was The Love-Slave Of A Plant-Based Killer" I keep seeing, but as I have never read the book and haven't been able to find it I was wondering if another fan of her's who does own it could provide the full scan.
    Poisonivy.jpg
    I'm asking because I've always wondered what the full story to that picture is. If anyone could provide it they would have my sincerest gratitude.
    Last edited by Deathstroke the Terminator; 05-04-2014 at 11:37 PM.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

I have never seen that...maybe I am just forgetful, but I don't even know where that is from. Looks interesting for sure though. Maybe Nep knows, if he sees this lol.
    PLEASE READ CLOAK & DAGGER IN SAVAGE AVENGERS!
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. Marvel: Savage Avengers, She Hulk. Dynamite: Vampirella.
    Support Indie Comics: Coffin Comics, Lion Forge, and so much more!!!
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke the Terminator View Post
    Ivy is one of my favorite female villains in comics, having said that there is a scan from "Batman: Shadow of the Bat Annual #5 I Was The Love-Slave Of A Plant-Based Killer" I keep seeing, but as I have never read the book and haven't been able to find it I was wondering if another fan of her's who does own it could provide the full scan.
    Poisonivy.jpg
    I'm asking because I've always wondered what the full story to that picture is. If anyone could provide it they would have my sincerest gratitude.
    I have the issue but no scanner at home. Give us a couple days and I'll try to remember to do it at work

The cover of this issue helped form another image that might be familiar to you..... <