Page 25 of 163 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MattSimasArt View Post
    My Ivy
    There's a cool 80's retro vibe to her.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Did Ivy and Harley make out in her last issue? I am seeing people talking about. I am glad that title is not in continuity, if so.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    Did Ivy and Harley make out in her last issue? I am seeing people talking about. I am glad that title is not in continuity, if so.
    Whats the problem with Harley and Ivy making out ? And the title is not in continuity ? How so ?

Harley kissed Ivy (who was under mindcontrol) to make her remember and at the end Harley wants Ivy to touch her chickenskin. In between you have the same adolescent jokes you know from the series, but also some nicer more classic views on their friendship. It wasn't all bad and if you see it at out of continuity you can enjoy (or endure) the humor and everyone acting weird (especially Ivy, who can also be effacted by plant-based drugs).

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnightReturns View Post
    Whats the problem with Harley and Ivy making out ? And the title is not in continuity ? How so ?
    Nothing is wrong with it at all, I just don't care for them as a couple and view them as family. I did not mean to offend those who like them as a couple, this is just my opinion.

The writer stated, if I recall correctly, that they used Harley's from all over, all there favorite Harley's to make this one, including the new52 one. To me that makes it out of continuity. Plus the characterization of Ivy and Harley do not match the New52 versions of them. I mean nothing bad by that. It can be a good or even great title but be out of continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Ghost View Post
    Harley kissed Ivy (who was under mindcontrol) to make her remember and at the end Harley wants Ivy to touch her chickenskin. In between you have the same adolescent jokes you know from the series, but also some nicer more classic views on their friendship. It wasn't all bad and if you see it at out of continuity you can enjoy (or endure) the humor and everyone acting weird (especially Ivy, who can also be effacted by plant-based drugs).
    Ah I see, well that is better, a kiss is fine. But did she really say that? What is a chickenskin? XD. Ya I mean I do take it as one, and I read them at some point, but like months after they come out. My friend lets me read them, so I can tell the writing is good, and the art is good. Nothing is bad about the title. But to me it will always be out of continuity. Which is not a bad thing at all. I love everyone on the title, there works have been some of my favorite things. They are talented and this book is clearly a great title.
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 10-31-2014 at 08:31 PM.
    Pulls:

Spectacular Member

Really? Ivy is drugged? Poison Ivy gets drugged? Does this book even have an editor? Why not go the other way and have Harley drugged, this does not make sense at all. How can it be possible?

What is a chickenskin?
    It's slang for vagina. Haven't and probably won't check it out.
    I'm too old to care for sexy books and chickenskin jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by retical View Post
    It's slang for vagina. Haven't and probably won't check it out.
    I'm too old to care for sexy books and chickenskin jokes.
    Nah, it means goosebumps. And you're only too old if you think you're too old. I personally hope to be laughing like a cretin at fart jokes and new slang words for people's genitalia long into my old age.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
    Nah, it means goosebumps. And you're only too old if you think you're too old. I personally hope to be laughing like a cretin at fart jokes and new slang words for people's genitalia long into my old age.
    Why would Ivy want to feel her goosebumps though o.o.
    Pulls:

Why would Ivy want to feel her goosebumps though o.o.
    You know the writers use every chance for Harley & Ivy to get touchy...

In other news: Poison Ivy (from "Batman: Crimson Mist") is on the teaser for DCs fill-in event "Convergence":

Source

Ya I saw that, looks interesting. Never read that story though.
    Pulls:

Ya I saw that, looks interesting. Never read that story though.
    There's not much there for Ivy fans. She only appears to get brutally murdered by Vampire Batman who goes on a Rogue's Gallery killing spree after The Joker kills Catwoman.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    There's not much there for Ivy fans. She only appears to get brutally murdered by Vampire Batman who goes on a Rogue's Gallery killing spree after The Joker kills Catwoman.
    Strange that she would be on there then haha.
    Pulls:

HARLEY QUINN
    Writer: Steve Pugh
    Artist: Phil Winslade and John Dell
    Harley Quinn is enjoying her normal life under the dome until Catwoman and Poison Ivy draft her to fight Captain Carrot.
    One more Gotham City Sirens mission? I hope. I also hope we go back to new52 Ivy when this is all over. Don't get me wrong, I loved old Ivy, but I feel like new52 Ivy has a lot more going for her, when they use her haha. And plus her figure one the vote, that means people really like her new52 costume/character at least.
    Pulls:

One more Gotham City Sirens mission? I hope. I also hope we go back to new52 Ivy when this is all over. Don't get me wrong, I loved old Ivy, but I feel like new52 Ivy has a lot more going for her, when they use her haha. And plus her figure one the vote, that means people really like her new52 costume/character at least.
    Agree on that! I also really like new52 Ivy, when she is handled like in Birds of Prey/Batgirl Annual/Gothtopia of course and not the one from Arkham War or Harley Quinn.

DC should realize that Poison Ivy has a huge following and not only among comicbook fans. There so many cosplayers out there and you can read that she is one of the most used characters at Cons and I have read different articles that her Costume was one of the most requested during Halloween (example).

She could bring in so much more money (merchandise with her is already selling very well), but somehow DC just don't want to invest into the character.

My writing isn't very well today, because I am tired, but I think you guys know what I mean