Page 30 of 163 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast

So they just forgot about the poll? Just when I thought there was a possibility of getting a BTAS Ivy figure that wasn't a clunker. The action figure was terrible. How do you go from this face

to this?

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    So they just forgot about the poll? Just when I thought there was a possibility of getting a BTAS Ivy figure that wasn't a clunker. The action figure was terrible. How do you go from this face

to this?

Theres always the latter BTAS season design for Ivy, which they pretty much nailed in 2014.
    animated-poison-ivy-figure.jpg

to this?

LOL! I completely agree! Even thought that was expected for the time, even as a child, I always thought they could had made her prettier. Catwomam was very ugly too but then they made Harley and she was ok.

Anyway I wrote D.C. and they replied that they're going To announce the results until the end of this week!
    Last edited by MentalManipulator; 02-05-2015 at 08:13 AM.

On another subject : weren't there rumors of Ivy being featured in the Batman 66 comics? Can't seem to find any more news on it. Help?

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    On another subject : weren't there rumors of Ivy being featured in the Batman 66 comics? Can't seem to find any more news on it. Help?
    I remember reading that she's a possibility, but haven't heard anything since then.

The lack of anything involving Poison Ivy in todays post Convergence is depressing!

Harley will get a second (limited-)series with...Power Girl! Not that I want to see Ivy written by Palmiotti again and be Harleys horny sidekick, but the fact that they choose Harley Quinn/Power Girl over a Harley/Ivy book is kinda strange...

In good news, it seems like they kinda confirmed that Harley is out of continuity with this statement:
    In this new era of storytelling, story will trump continuity as we continue to empower creators to tell the best stories in the industry.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

They confirmed that awhile ago I believe. By saying this was all their favorite Harley's including the new 52 one.

But I am very sad about the lack of Ivy. Such a waste. They could put her in something.

I would read starfire, but the lack of continuity scares me somewhat. I mean, I don't need continuity, but I would like the starfire to be at least simular to the starfire in other places. Same for Harley. And very much so for Ivy.

A few of the new stuff will end cause they are mini series, so maybe Ivy will show up after? Hopefully. Wishful thinking maybe? Haha
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Bizarro, Dr. Fate and Red Hood/Arsenal get their own series, Harley gets TWO, and Ivy has none? Seems like DC is really committed to limiting her as an Arkham maniac and nothing more. Sigh.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Hope they do a BATMAN ARKHAM: POISON IVY tpb eventually (they're doing one for Riddler). And collect some of her best stories and rarer uncollected ones.

I might think of what I'd include.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Hope they do a BATMAN ARKHAM: POISON IVY tpb eventually (they're doing one for Riddler). And collect some of her best stories and rarer uncollected ones.

I might think of what I'd include.
    Batman #181: Beware of Poison Ivy! (Debut)
    Secret Origins Vol. 2 #36: Pavane (Neil Gaiman Origin)
    Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight Vol. 1 #42-43: Hothouse
    Batman: Shadow of the Bat 1995 Annual #3
    Batman: Shadow of the Bat #56-58: Leaves of Green (3-parter involving Jason Woodrue)
    Batman: Poison Ivy 1997 One-Shot
    Batman: No Man's Land Fruit of the Earth 3-parter (Batman: Shadow of the Bat #88, Batman #568, Detective Comics #735)
    Batman Poison Ivy: Cast Shadows (Ann Nocenti One-Shot)
    "Low" (Detective Comics #797-799 backstory where she mentally and physically destroys Riddler)
    New 52 Birds of Prey #3
    Batgirl Annual #2

I just realized while compiling this list that an overwhelming bulk of quality Ivy stories came from the 90's alone when writers and artists wanted to depict her as a conflicted, layered Earth goddess. Then her stories and appearances got dumbed down once Harley came onto the scene.
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 02-08-2015 at 12:15 AM.

BANNED

I just realized while compiling this list that an overwhelming bulk of quality Ivy stories came from the 90's alone when writers and artists wanted to depict her as a conflicted, layered Earth goddess. Then her stories and appearances got dumbed down once Harley came onto the scene.
    Has Ivy been in anything that's not the Harley comic recently? I'm not up to date on Eternal so I don't know if she's been in there or not.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Batman: Shadow of the Bat #56-58: Leaves of Green (3-parter involving Jason Woodrue)
    Batman: No Man's Land Fruit of the Earth 3-parter (Batman: Shadow of the Bat #88, Batman #568, Detective Comics #735)
    "Low" (Detective Comics #797-799 backstory where she mentally and physically destroys Riddler)
    New 52 Birds of Prey #3
    Batgirl Annual #2

One pre-COIE 2-issue story I'd ad or substitute in (never collected before):
    Batman #367 (January 1984): "The Green Ghosts of Gotham"
    Detective Comics #534 (January 1984): "Brambles"

What about:
    Batman: Shadow of the Bat #56 (November 1996): "Leaves of Grass, Part 1: Twin Peaks"
    Batman: Shadow of the Bat #57 (December 1996): "Leaves of Grass, Part 2: Reefer Madness"
    Batman: Shadow of the Bat #58 (January 1997): "Leaves of Grass, Part 3: Comedown!"
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-08-2015 at 10:43 AM.

^ Good call on Brambles!

New 52 Birds of Prey #3
    Batgirl Annual #2

Nice, this is pretty comprehensive (I'd only scratch the Batgirl Annual). At the risk of revealing the Ivy geek in me I'd add just a few more somewhat obscure but very character driven issues. You are very right, the more writers push the weed-witch "grasses are crying" angle, the less interesting she becomes. Her best stories ultimately have very human motivations at the core; revenge, greed, humiliation, self-empowerment.

Poison, Solo #6: Ivy as the archetypal female play-thing of men, told only as Brian Azzarello can, illustrated by the master Jordi Bernet
    Nature, Gotham Central #32: Orphan mother brutally slaughters a couple of crooked cops who are leaning on her kids; up their with Black Orchid for Ivy at her most terrifying.
    Green Ghost/Brambles, Batman 367, Tec 534: Vintage hating-on-the-man Ivy is literally slapped around and strangled by enforcers of the corporate establishment, Batman & Robin (Pre-Crisis Jason!). Beautifully drawn by Gene Colan and Don Newton.
    Tears of Blood: Batman #529, one issue from the Contagion crossover that works well enough on it's own. Why include it? Kelly Jones. Single greatest depiction of Ivy's lethal attraction ever. In a classic double cross and blackmail plot.

I'm probably missing a couple from Templetons DCAU and Ostranders Squad Squad, but I'll have to come back to these later.

I think I just forgot about Brambles. The only reason I didn't include GC #32 was because she appears at the end, though I admit it's one of her better appearances in the 00's. Not a big fan of the Contagion issue. And I deliberately left out all the DCAU stories.

And why would you have reservations about revealing your inner Ivy geek? I had no clue that Azzarello story existed until now, so thanks for that!

Yesterday, Comics Alliance put up a poll asking which DC lady deserves her own solo series and guess who's winning as usual?

http://comicsalliance.com/poll-which...own-solo-book/